Jump to content

Tons of exp. with a silly trick .


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Slaasher said:

 

I've done it a couple of times in the past but why would you boost your gamestage so far past your levels and skill points?

It's not i think the ''why'' factor , it is the attention i want the devs to have on things to fix them , it is just something that needs fixing :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

May I remind helpful people about what Jugginator said: "Press F9 when your in game next time and it will take a screenshot and also snap your player perk selection.  Attach here and I will also use the same perks/skills that you have selected".

 

Hopefully the books read is also in that perk selection file, it might have something to to with a book

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

May I remind helpful people about what Jugginator said: "Press F9 when your in game next time and it will take a screenshot and also snap your player perk selection.  Attach here and I will also use the same perks/skills that you have selected".

 

Poor Laz Man.  Not getting any recognition. 😅

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cannot provide any screenshot but info on books and perks, nonetheless.

"maps" only refers to Navezgane for now.

Reproducible

- on maps generated and first played ( player profile) with A19.0, then revived with A19.3. More ancient maps I have not tested because they are of no concern anyway.

- with no books read but Mining #5

- with Str 10, Miner 69er and Mother Lode 5 each, nothing else ( doubt that these make a difference, though)

 

Not reproducible

- on any maps generated with A19.1 and hence, first played with the respective version and revived with A19.3

- with books and attributes and perks as above

- with no perks at all

 

It sounds peculiar and I am not jumping to conclusions here, like "maybe something got changed in A19.1". But it is what it is on my client.

Yes, I am quite into mining, why do you ask? 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, uncle.heavy said:

Reproducible

- on maps generated and first played ( player profile) with A19.0

 

3 hours ago, uncle.heavy said:

Not reproducible

- on any maps generated with A19.1

This would explain why I can't reproduce it since I do a full clean with each update including old maps.  As I said earlier, diminishing returns for crafting was a feature that got removed and this glitch is probably a remnant of that which will remain if you are playing on an older map. I tried it in A19.4 and then in A20 and could not make it happen at all even with uncle.heavy's perk combination that he mentioned. The reason for this glitch could simply be that those who can do it haven't cleaned out their old data completely. Has anyone who has done a full clean using the tool in the launcher and then generating a new map in 19.4 been able to reproduce it?

Edited by Roland (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, meganoth said:

May I remind helpful people about what Jugginator said: "Press F9 when your in game next time and it will take a screenshot and also snap your player perk selection.  Attach here and I will also use the same perks/skills that you have selected".

 

Hopefully the books read is also in that perk selection file, it might have something to to with a book

 

 

That command is actually shift + F11, F9 is just a screenshot. The generated csv file does contain books read

 

I thought I was going nuts but I could have sworn I saw this testing in A20, so I'll check with some mining perks @uncle.heavy thanks for that.

Edited by Jugginator (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Roland said:

 

This would explain why I can't reproduce it since I do a full clean with each update including old maps.  As I said earlier, diminishing returns for crafting was a feature that got removed and this glitch is probably a remnant of that which will remain if you are playing on an older map. I tried it in A19.4 and then in A20 and could not make it happen at all even with uncle.heavy's perk combination that he mentioned. The reason for this glitch could simply be that those who can do it haven't cleaned out their old data completely. Has anyone who has done a full clean using the tool in the launcher and then generating a new map in 19.4 been able to reproduce it?

Did this today, wiped every  7 days file I could find using the tool and manually finding files. Map was generated a week ago on 19.3. Reinstalled the game and am still getting xp for bundling. Next test is wiping the server. The last server wipe was for 19, haven't wiped for the updates. Once we are done with our current map, I'll see if wiping server fixes the bundling xp.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After noticing I could reproduce even on a 19.3 map after and only after destroying enough blocks of soil and beneath with a rocket launcher ( you know, as one does), I started a fresh map and went to work with a modded auger, the book, 10 Str, Miner & Lode 5 each. 

After a total destructive value of 609 blocks and 36,181 stone, 10,027 iron, 9,987 lead, 4,850 clay, 1,850 sand, 

notably I got xp for one bundle and one bundle only. Following bundles did net zero.

Whenever a stack was full, a bundle had been packed, thus making sure not to overshoot ( by too much).

 

 

Edited by uncle.heavy
data integrity, grammar integrity (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It makes sense that my oldest map had seen more excavation work.

On the other hand, there might not even be a causal relation.

I had just posted my last update to spare others the probably unnecessary effort of wiping servers hence and forth.

 

 

Edited by uncle.heavy
nevermind (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...