Tons of exp. with a silly trick .

MonkCrimson

So last night i was meshing with my chests , to make some room and organize a bit my stuff.

I had stacks of 6000 materials like rocks , wood etc.

So when i tried to pack a 6000 stack when i did it , it gave me 18000xp , then i started packing all the materials that were able to get packed/stacked or whatever this called and 

do it over and over and over . . . . pack , unpack , pack , unpack and from 40 level i got into 42 level in 2 minutes .

Then i stopped because this was way to silly for me , i think this needs fixing , packing/stacking staff it is something that should not give exp AT ALL .

9 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

If you can reproduce this reliably let me know.  I have tried to reproduce it in the past with no luck.  Will try again in the current build.

The exp. given everytime is less but it is going so slow that at the end you are a couple of levels up .

PLUS different material starts the whole thing all over again .

I was unable to reproduce the issue on both a lvl 69 and a lvl 1 char ( current stable): total amount of xp given was zero after repeatedly packing and unpacking a dozen stacks.

Previous topics indicate the effect being real and subject to diminishing returns would reflect the design decisions, though the behavior might be inconsistent among players.

I guess I will have to file a complaint for being left out of stack xp 😟

1 hour ago, MonkCrimson said:

Try different material and you are good for another ride.

You running any mods?  I just tried this in vanilla 19.3 B6 and no xp for packing or unpacking.

Edit: Maybe it has something to do with perk selection.  Press F9 when your in game next time and it will take a screenshot and also snap your player perk selection.  Attach here and I will also use the same perks/skills that you have selected.

15 hours ago, MonkCrimson said:

packing/stacking staff it is something that should not give exp AT ALL

I dunno...since our first year of marriage my wife has asked that I please just lay out my clothes on the bed before we go on a trip and let her pack the suitcases because she believes she can pack stuff so much better than me and that I do it just plain wrong. There might be something to it... or maybe I figured out how to play dumb to get out of packing for trips.... ;)

Works for me too but you need to read one of the miner books to do it, forget which one. It works with iron, lead, coal, nitrate and stones....a stack of 6000 into a stack of one, a max of 5 in a stack which means 15,000 only taking one storage spot. Lots of xp for first one then diminishing returns. For me, I pack the 6000 whatever into 1 block to improve storage in boxes mid game. Seems silly to do it just for xp, my time is better spent killing stuff.

Art of Mining #5

I just tried it and got no xp from crafting the packs. In A17 there were diminishing returns of xp earned for crafting anything but that was later removed. So I'm sure that this was a thing as of A17 and perhaps into A18. 

12 hours ago, Roland said:

Art of Mining #5

I just tried it and got no xp from crafting the packs. In A17 there were diminishing returns of xp earned for crafting anything but that was later removed. So I'm sure that this was a thing as of A17 and perhaps into A18. 

It's confirmed , i don't know what i have done but yesterday i packed Nitrate for the first time and it gave me 18000xp. Even if it is a book that i read it is still way off balance.

OOHH first try it was at the latest stable version and yesterday i moved to 19.4 b3 and i've done it with Nitrate.

It’s bizarre that some people get the xp and some not. I wonder if there is another trigger besides mining #5? Maybe you have to complete the mining book series or maybe there is an additional perk that you need along with book 5? Just guessing here......

On 1/25/2021 at 3:09 AM, Laz Man said:

If you can reproduce this reliably let me know.  I have tried to reproduce it in the past with no luck.  Will try again in the current build.

I've done it a couple of times in the past but why would you boost your gamestage so far past your levels and skill points?

Archived