A problem with zombies run settings

Archael

Hi guys.

Can someone tell me if this is normal, and if so what cause this and is there a way to prevent it? Or is this a bug?

Despite of the run settings which i have set to always walk. Zombies sometimes start running. In most cases after few hits.

I have to say its annoying at high difficulty when i have to hit them 20x or more.

49 minutes ago, Archael said:

Hi guys.

Can someone tell me if this is normal, and if so what cause this and is there a way to prevent it? Or is this a bug?

Despite of the run settings which i have set to always walk. Zombies sometimes start running. In most cases after few hits.

I have to say its annoying at high difficulty when i have to hit them 20x or more.

I think it's when some zombies are feral , this zombies run even at day time .

27 minutes ago, MonkCrimson said:

I think it's when some zombies are feral , this zombies run even at day time .

I mean. Do zombies change into feral at low health, or do ferals start running at low health despite of settings? I'm gonna check it but i'm pretty sure i have turned all settings (zombies at day, feral, blood moon) to "walk". So they should not run at all.

1 minute ago, Archael said:

I mean. Do zombies change into feral at low health, or do ferals start running at low health despite of settings? Im gonna check it but i'm pretty sure i turn all settings (zombies at day, feral, blood moim) to "walk". Do they should not run at all.

Yes i've seen it myself , they are just chilling and after you shoot them they become more aggressive ( not talking about the sleepers ) . These are the ones that have always their eyes glowing and they need more beating up to die and these are the ferals. Dunno really maybe you can't make these guys walk .

What you are seeing is the zombie rage mode.

Whenever you hit a zombie, there is a % chance that it will go into rage mode and start running towards you. If you keep hitting it while in rage mode, it can go into a super rage mode that lasts longer and i believe hits harder.

The % chance of this happening is based upon the difficulty setting you choose and has no relation to the zombie speed you set.

The easiest difficulty level has 0% chance of rage mode, and each increase in difficulty increases the chance of zombie rage occurring.

1 hour ago, katarynna said:

What you are seeing is the zombie rage mode.

Whenever you hit a zombie, there is a % chance that it will go into rage mode and start running towards you. If you keep hitting it while in rage mode, it can go into a super rage mode that lasts longer and i believe hits harder.

The % chance of this happening is based upon the difficulty setting you choose and has no relation to the zombie speed you set.

The easiest difficulty level has 0% chance of rage mode, and each increase in difficulty increases the chance of zombie rage occurring.

Small correction: I'm pretty sure they don't hit harder. Raging only changes their speed

I also never heard about a super rage mode but I don't remember the details what happens when they are hit while already raging.

On 1/25/2021 at 12:17 AM, Archael said:

Hi guys.

Agree, this drives me nuts. I have two problems with it, first being that I like to play on zombie walk mode as well, which means this rage mode entirely invalidates my choice. Second, I also enjoy the Knife Guy / Agility Tree. But EVERY TICK OF BLEED has a % chance to engage this rage mode, which basically means the zombies are constantly rage running. Womp womp. lol.

1 hour ago, Wyrmwraith said:

Agree, this drives me nuts. I have two problems with it, first being that I like to play on zombie walk mode as well, which means this rage mode entirely invalidates my choice. Second, I also enjoy the Knife Guy / Agility Tree. But EVERY TICK OF BLEED has a % chance to engage this rage mode, which basically means the zombies are constantly rage running. Womp womp. lol.

I play at 1 level below default and never see Z's rage running anymore.  Of course getting a headshot with an iron arrow pretty much removes the option for a Z to rage charge.

1 hour ago, Wyrmwraith said:

What about when you encounter feral zombies? Did you set them to walk as well?

Archived