Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
BFT2020

BFT2020

1 hour ago, Maharin said:

No different than learning what not to do when your leg or arm are sprained or broken.  Broken/sprained arm, don't use power attacks.  Broken/sprained leg, don't sprint or jump.  Starving to death, don't do dangerous things or be extra cautious while doing them.

My point was that from the time you start seeing that blinking red icon to the time you actually die of starvation is a LONG time.  Much longer than it should be.  Personally, I think the food bar should represent the full timeline from satiated to emaciated to dead and just change colors (or shades) as you reach different stages.

Being hungry does more than just die of starvation.  Your max stamina decreases which is very important if you are focusing on melee and not relying on guns.

Same thing about the other items you mentioned.  Not doing power attacks when your arm is broken sounds great in theory, but when your primary  melee weapon is a knife, the power attack is your lead attack to get max damage and stacking bleed effects on your target.  Having a broken leg is fine when you are strolling  across an open field in the middle of the day but doesn’t help if you are getting swarmed by ferals or a pack of zombie dogs.

The way you play these things might not be important or critical, but for others it is something we avoid as much as possible

BFT2020

BFT2020

1 hour ago, Maharin said:

No different than learning what not to do when your leg or arm are sprained or broken.  Broken/sprained arm, don't use power attacks.  Broken/sprained leg, don't sprint or jump.  Starving to death, don't do dangerous things or be extra cautious while doing them.

My point was that from the time you start seeing that blinking red icon to the time you actually die of starvation is a LONG time.  Much longer than it should be.  Personally, I think the food bar should represent the full timeline from satiated to emaciated to dead and just change colors (or shades) as you reach different stages.

Being hungry does more than just die of starvation.  Your max stamina decreases which is very important if you are focusing on melee and not relying on guns.

Same thing about the other items you mentioned.  Not doing power attacks when your arm is broken sounds great in theory, but when your primary  melee weapon is a knife, the power attack is your lead attack to get max damage and stacking bleed effects on your target.  Having a broken leg is fine when you are strolly across an open field in the middle of the day but doesn’t help if you are getting swarmed by ferals or a pack of zombie dogs.

The way you play these things might not be important or critical, but for others it is something we avoid as much as possible