What is this called in game please?

Biglittle

Hi guys I am building a base and was going to use metal/iron traps but I have recently noticed players using these which work fantastic but the person who built their base is no longer on the server to ask what they are called?

Any ideas please?

(See attached pic)

7d2d spikes.JPG

I'm thinking they're upside down too.

Which is unfortunate cause it looks like you upgraded them all to steel unless that's just a paint.

Edit: Oh it's someone else's base nevermind. I hafta believe you will find it in the shapes menu for the wooden block or the rebar block

They are still ingame via creative menu yes, many mods add the recipes back.

I loved them and yes, upside down like that made it very easy to repair.

I still use'em, and like the pointy bit out on walls, pillars.

for fun, try painting the bullseye on the pointy side.   :)

upgrading wood to steel... takes a LOT of resources and time. (but gives a lot of xp too)

Oh, zombies don't see them as a blockage, so will wander all over them.

8 hours ago, katarynna said:

The log spikes are no longer available in vanilla, so i am assuming that is a modded server.

For anyone playing vanilla, don't bother looking in the shapes menu. They are not available unless modded in or maybe grabbed from creative menu.

Log spikes were removed cuz op. x'D
They dont even exist in creative.

Yes they do exist in creative.  They have to exist because they're used in POIs.  Like Hugh's trading post, for example.

You place them upside down not just to repair easily, but so zombies don't bob up and down while running across them. So you can get them headshots.  Plus you could place barbed wire directly on top of it to slow them down, too.

Yeah, they were OP.  But good, sensible traps.  I miss them.

2 hours ago, stample said:

Yes they do exist in creative.  They have to exist because they're used in POIs.  Like Hugh's trading post, for example.

You place them upside down not just to repair easily, but so zombies don't bob up and down while running across them. So you can get them headshots.  Plus you could place barbed wire directly on top of it to slow them down, too.

Yeah, they were OP.  But good, sensible traps.  I miss them.

Do jail doors exist in creative? Last I knew they didnt.
Just because they are in the game doesnt mean its a placable block. Devs turn them on and off at will. I know for the longest time jail doors wernt in creative because people abused tf out of them.
Creative mode doesnt equal developer mode.
Can you place zombie spawners in creative? No. But you can in map and asset making.... Which IS full developer mode, short of editing sorce.
Im sure log spikes still exist in creative. Not everything does tho. Its one of those things that consta-change. :p
Especially since the devs have been going thru and changing the block system, some items are just flat removed from the game while they are worked on, unless they were placed via poi/map editing via main menu.
Another example I remember is quarter blocks were removed from the game for some time prior to A19. Wernt even in creative. They are now tho.

4 hours ago, Pichii said:

Do jail doors exist in creative? Last I knew they didnt.
Just because they are in the game doesnt mean its a placable block. Devs turn them on and off at will. I know for the longest time jail doors wernt in creative because people abused tf out of them.
Creative mode doesnt equal developer mode.
Can you place zombie spawners in creative? No. But you can in map and asset making.... Which IS full developer mode, short of editing sorce.
Im sure log spikes still exist in creative. Not everything does tho. Its one of those things that consta-change. :p
Especially since the devs have been going thru and changing the block system, some items are just flat removed from the game while they are worked on, unless they were placed via poi/map editing via main menu.
Another example I remember is quarter blocks were removed from the game for some time prior to A19. Wernt even in creative. They are now tho.

Incorrect.  Anything in the game (except an entity) does exist as a placeable block in creative mode.

1744101261_ScreenShot2021-01-24at12_11_44AM.thumb.jpg.82dcf065696cbd652aadfa355dc0ace9.jpg

You don't need debug mode on, and you don't need to be in the level/prefab editor.  Just click the dev blocks icon, which is part of creative mode, to enable the hidden ones.  That includes log spikes.

Now I don't actually recommend using log spikes, for the same reasons their recipe was removed, but they're there if you want them.

53 minutes ago, Biglittle said:

thanks for the updates guys! Yeah the ones I thought was the upside down ones turned out to be cones pointing upwards and not upside down?

Most blocks in the game can be rotated in all directions before placing. If you left click first you see only basic rotations happening, but if you press and hold the "R" key you get into a menue where you can turn on advanced rotations for a specific block.

Archived