Is it possible to giveself item with specific stats?

haaammit

As per the title - is it possible to use the giveself command to give, say a weapon with specific stats? I know you can use the creative menu to literally give yourself whatever, but there's no way of controlling what tier is is an what the damage/magazine/rpm stats are and I wondered if this was possible in Alpha 19?

Many thanks :)

There is a method to get a specific quality in creative menue: If you want a pistol with quality 4, just enter "pistol" into the search field, then remove the 'l', then add the 'l' again and again until you get offered a quality 4 one. The random values of that item will be fixed though, so a quality 4 pistol will always have the same damage and magazine size no matter how often you get one from the menue

dunno bout qual 4, but qual 6 will have the same RANGE repeatedly, but it will change.

eg: Desert Vulture  98 - 102 dmg.

One thing, the M60,  creative menu doesn't go to the max possible for damage for it. Best damage ones came from drops/rewards.

You may have to spend some time at it though. (I have)

Haven't found a way to have it give  the BEST numbers yet though. (not for lack of trying either!)   :D

I find it hilarious, yet saddening, that I found a DV with over 100 damage, I can't recall the exact number atm, but when we finally start finding them more reliably, and in greater quantities, they are almost always around 50-60 dmg, even the quality 6's we occasionally find.

19 hours ago, canadianbluebeer said:

dunno bout qual 4, but qual 6 will have the same RANGE repeatedly, but it will change.

eg: Desert Vulture  98 - 102 dmg.

One thing, the M60,  creative menu doesn't go to the max possible for damage for it. Best damage ones came from drops/rewards.

You may have to spend some time at it though. (I have)

Haven't found a way to have it give  the BEST numbers yet though. (not for lack of trying either!)   :D

I stand corrected. If you do the trick with adding and removing letters to get a new "roll" in creative menu you actually get new random values. Tried it just now with 19.2

19 hours ago, Darthjake said:

I find it hilarious, yet saddening, that I found a DV with over 100 damage, I can't recall the exact number atm, but when we finally start finding them more reliably, and in greater quantities, they are almost always around 50-60 dmg, even the quality 6's we occasionally find.

From the xml I can see the damage of a .44 bullet is 70.

The vulture has a fixed negative damage bonus of 2, so its average damage of a quality 1 DV is 68, and the random range is always 15% of base damage (70), so plus/minus 10.5. So the worst DV you can find is a gun with 57 damage and the best DV with still quality 1 could have 79 damage. 

If you have seen a DV with 50 damage, congratulations, your game has pulled a fast one on you. 😁

The worst quality 6 DV has a damage of 70/2= 35 more than the worst quality1, so is at 92, far from the 50-60 dmg range. Shows us a picture please, I think you have been misremembering this.

5 hours ago, meganoth said:

I stand corrected. If you do the trick with adding and removing letters to get a new "roll" in creative menu you actually get new random values. Tried it just now with 19.2

From the xml I can see the damage of a .44 bullet is 70.

The vulture has a fixed negative damage bonus of 2, so its average damage of a quality 1 DV is 68, and the random range is always 15% of base damage (70), so plus/minus 10.5. So the worst DV you can find is a gun with 57 damage and the best DV with still quality 1 could have 79 damage. 

If you have seen a DV with 50 damage, congratulations, your game has pulled a fast one on you. 😁

The worst quality 6 DV has a damage of 70/2= 35 more than the worst quality1, so is at 92, far from the 50-60 dmg range. Shows us a picture please, I think you have been misremembering this.

It may be a mod then, not sure, I'll have to load the game up and look at it, but I'm fairly certain it was over 100.  I'll double check though.

3 hours ago, Darthjake said:

It may be a mod then, not sure, I'll have to load the game up and look at it, but I'm fairly certain it was over 100.  I'll double check though.

I wasn't contesting that number, since you didn't specify a quality. A quality 6 DV for example is already on average above 100.

Also, when comparing be sure to have a normal bullet loaded, because with a HP bullet you see even higher values.

18 hours ago, meganoth said:

I wasn't contesting that number, since you didn't specify a quality. A quality 6 DV for example is already on average above 100.

Also, when comparing be sure to have a normal bullet loaded, because with a HP bullet you see even higher values.

Hmmm, I know my primary kill was the T3 Automatic rifle, I think the DV was loaded with AP, now that you mention it.

So that is egg on my face, probably, although I pulled the mods from the gun before comparing it, so I was thinking that should have unloaded it, but didn't think that the damage value may still show up as if the AP round were still in it.

Thanks for the tip!

Archived