Insane Nightmare Permadeath day 13, horde base progress.

The base is a work in progress, just staying alive this long was extremely difficult to do... Spent a lot of time dying and learning lol, but it's coming along now. No save scumming obviously, what would be the point otherwise. Doesn't mean anything if you skimp out on the reality of it \m/ Gonna surround the towers with those iron bar walkways, fill the bottom with traps, create a way for me to get up there that the zombies can't use... But I'm still stumped on that one. Maybe I'll just nerdpole it really, but I've got 3 stacks of pipe bombs and a stack of molotovs for it. Skull Crusher is level 4, sex rex is level 4, whumpin' game is good, unlocked all workstations in Int and got Better Barter 3 (I use glasses to double-stock secret stash). I'M ALIVE! I'M ALIVE HAHAHA HOW! I got no @%$#in' idea man, I can't believe I've acclimated to this crap. Although I must be honest, it's a lot easier to stay alive after your first week. It's the initial period of low sex rex and no skull crusher where you're most vulnerable. Archery sneak shots are a must because they promote quicker knockdown melee swings, really helps to stay alive to get that first shot all the time. 64 count bloodmoon shortly... Please wish me swift speed and good luck in this hopeless endeavor lol \m/ Maybe I'll survive

Horde Base 3.png

Horde Base 1.png

Horde Base 2.png

On 1/19/2021 at 1:09 AM, Diragor said:

Saw too many hatch bases hope they get a nerv. So boring seeing them everywhere........

And then people will find a new meta and abuse that one. This cycle ends when TFP stop updating the game and the final meta is discovered.

We as a species are naturally inclined to travel the path of least resistance. We seek evolution, advancement; discovering the cheapest, easiest, most efficient methods for performing everyday tasks, however how influential or how miniscule. We ponder, experiment, assess, understand, improve, teach that knowledge to others, and then others follow. We've seen the rise and unfortunate fall of pillar bases, pit bases, pole wall bases, mazes, snake walkways, and probably inevitably, hatch bases. The only way TFP could break the cycle is to analyze every sliver of the game, determine every possible design the human mind could manufacture with the resources they have available to them (and probably ultimately fail on this front), and then eliminate them all, leaving behind the only design that could be described as having no thought process put behind it at all: giant cubes. To add some creative flair, maybe some towers or walls, but in essence, those are just extended hollow cubes. Would we really want that future to transpire?

Edit reason: adding bottom paragraph, spelling error

On 1/23/2021 at 11:29 AM, MechanicalLens said:

And then people will find a new meta and abuse that one. This cycle ends when TFP stop updating the game and the final meta is discovered.

We as a species are naturally inclined to travel the path of least resistance. We seek evolution, advancement; discovering the cheapest, easiest, most efficient methods for performing everyday tasks, however how influential or how miniscule. We ponder, experiment, assess, understand, improve, teach that knowledge to others, and then others follow. We've seen the rise and unfortunate fall of pillar bases, pit bases, pole wall bases, mazes, snake walkways, and probably inevitably, hatch bases. The only way TFP could break the cycle is to analyze every sliver of the game, determine every possible design the human mind could manufacture with the resources they have available to them (and probably ultimately fail on this front), and then eliminate them all, leaving behind the only design that could be described as having no thought process put behind it at all: giant cubes. To add some creative flair, maybe some towers or walls, but in essence, those are just extended hollow cubes. Would we really want that future to transpire?

Edit reason: adding bottom paragraph, spelling error

But you must agree Zombies crawling over a hatch or a block would be awesome

I tried many designs (never used a Youtube Build or cheesing the AI. And There are still a lot of ways to build a base

53 minutes ago, Diragor said:

But you must agree Zombies crawling over a hatch or a block would be awesome

I tried many designs (never used a Youtube Build or cheesing the AI. And There are still a lot of ways to build a base

We'll have to see if upside down plates will stop them from doing so.

Archived