Game Unplayable Since December 21st Update

Roxy

It has been almost an entire month now and the game is still unplayable since the 19.3 Stable Update. It is the laggiest it has ever been, to the point that I can't even move around in-game. Turning down all the settings to low usually fixes this problem, it does not this time. Rolling the game back to a previous alpha doesn't fix the issue either. I have tried everything to make it work, even uninstalling to reinstalling the game. Something is just so screwed up this time it's apparent the game is not ever going to work again until the next update, which is extremely disappointing. The game is utterly useless if I can't play it. I have seen numerous complaints on Steam about the issue so I can't be the only one experiencing the problem.

Go into the game launcher (there is a prompt for this on startup) and select the tools tab and then clean and select everything to clean. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling does not affect your save games and maps. Doing a full clean will. Then start a new game and see how things go. That's all I got without seeing an output log.

Oh..also (just in case) try updating your graphics card driver. You never know...

or downgrade if you updated it recently.

At rimworld some user got crashes with their RX5700 after updating the drivers, not sure if a later driver update fixed that.

Uninstall only remove the files from the latest version.

When you uninstall the game, check the game folder if any file/folder is deleted (saves/worlds should normaly stored at a different location then the game) if not delete them.

Then you be sure no leftover file could cause trouble.

On 1/18/2021 at 11:28 PM, Roxy said:

It has been almost an entire month now and the game is still unplayable since the 19.3 Stable Update. It is the laggiest it has ever been, to the point that I can't even move around in-game. Turning down all the settings to low usually fixes this problem, it does not this time. Rolling the game back to a previous alpha doesn't fix the issue either. I have tried everything to make it work, even uninstalling to reinstalling the game. Something is just so screwed up this time it's apparent the game is not ever going to work again until the next update, which is extremely disappointing. The game is utterly useless if I can't play it. I have seen numerous complaints on Steam about the issue so I can't be the only one experiencing the problem.

are you using Nitrogen?

if it's that the case try typing "pois" in the console

Always great advise to do a clean re-install, and start a new fresh game without any mods. That goes for a lot of problems with the game (and other games for that matter). There are just so many times people reach out to me about (issues), and it turns out actually they're trying this or that mod and it's not working, and people are upset with the actual game, instead of the mods they have themselves elected to install.

Then describe the problems faced on a clean install/fresh game in detail, check logs, as that really does help people provide any specific information :)

On 1/22/2021 at 6:13 PM, Vedui said:

Always great advise to do a clean re-install, and start a new fresh game without any mod

i do a fresh install and start a new game every time that a new stable version pop out, but  i had the same problem of OP using Nitrogen

every time i start playing i have single digit fps, but typing "pois" in console solve the problem

Archived