Extra storage space

Deathswail

Hello everyone,

new to the forums and relatively new to the game so this may already be a thread. I was curious if anyone else uses the 4 scrap boxes as extra storage by making the first scrapped item something that takes a long time to complete (3 radiators or something similar) and then scraps three things behind it. Just thought it was a good tip for early game when you don’t have a lot of space, especially for you nomad players. 😬

Welcome! :)

"Scrap boxes" took me for a loop, thinking about some boxes around the Navezgane spawn points, but right, you mean the crafting queue. I used to do that, but it's a pain to remember to cancel it. Also usable by scrapping things that you don't have the end result for. As in, you have no iron in the inventory, scrap a can with a full inventory, the scrapping pauses until there's room for the iron. Just remember to think when using meds and such ... :)

Nowadays I'll just make a drop off box whenever I'm full, a chest off the road, marked on the map. There's plenty of stuff I'm willing to leave behind "for now", even if I never manage to return to collect it... :)

1 hour ago, theFlu said:

Nowadays I'll just make a drop off box whenever I'm full, a chest off the road, marked on the map. There's plenty of stuff I'm willing to leave behind "for now", even if I never manage to return to collect it... :)

I do this a lot, especially with the larger buildings.  I play on maps without traders and no loot respawn pretty much all the time now so no worries about leaving stuff to get later.

Archived