Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
doughphunghus

doughphunghus

Don’t know if this may help any... just what I’ve seen when I have weird issues like this. I’m running Ubuntu 20.? With pop! OS.  The game works fine for me, mostly ;) . 

- I have a lot of mods in my current game. I have noticed that *every* time I have issues it’s good to have steam “validate local files”, and sometimes it finds a file it has to reload.  Well, this current game I’m playing (single player), I have to do the “validate local files” check every time as it always finds 1 file to reload. I dont know why, I haven’t looked into it as... well, the game works for now ;). So I’m not sure if this is an issue with recent os updates issue, or steam issue , or both.  I do believe that I had a few a19.3 games going (mod testing) and I didn’t have any issues like this about a month ago. 

So: give validating local files a shot, it’s a harmless thing to try. 

doughphunghus

doughphunghus

Don’t know if this may help any... just what I’ve seen when I have weird issues like this. I’m running Ubuntu 20.? With pop! OS.  The game works fine for me, mostly ;) . 

- A year? Ago I had a bunch of updates come in once and I think an nvidia driver came in that was bad, or something related. Never really found out.  I rolled back the kernel 1 version previous and the game stated fine. I simply waited until there was another kernel update and then updated and it was ok since then. 

so: if you know how, this might be something to try. I would do this as a last resort though!

- I have a lot of mods in my current game. I have noticed that *every* time I have issues it’s good to have steam “validate local files”, and sometimes it finds a file it has to reload.  Well, this current game I’m playing (single player), I have to do the “validate local files” check every time as it always finds 1 file to reload. I dont know why, I haven’t looked into it as... well, the game works for now ;). So I’m not sure if this is an issue with recent os updates issue, or steam issue , or both.  I do believe that I had a few a19.3 games going (mod testing) and I didn’t have any issues like this about a month ago. 

doughphunghus

doughphunghus

- A year? Ago I had a bunch of updates come in once and I think an nvidia driver came in that was bad, or something related. Never really found out.  I rolled back the kernel 1 version previous and the game stated fine. I simply waited until there was another kernel update and then updated and it was ok since then. 

so: if you know how, this might be something to try.

doughphunghus

doughphunghus

so: if you know how, this might be something to try.

- I have a lot of mods in my current game. I have noticed that *every* time I have issues it’s good to have steam “validate local files”, and sometimes it finds a file it has to reload.  Well, this current game I’m playing (single player), I have to do the “validate local files” check every time as it always finds 1 file to reload. I dont know why, I haven’t looked into it as... well, the game works for now ;). So I’m not sure if this is an unburying with recent updates issue, or steam issue , or both.  I do believe that I had a few a19.3 games going (mod testing) and I didn’t have any issues like this about a month ago.