Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
khzmusik

khzmusik

5 hours ago, Bladestorm Games said:

Oh also khzmusik, you said in general explosion damage (kills?) dont grant XP, but I've gotten XP from Rocket Frags and Explosive Arrow and Pipebombs, so explosion damage / kill should be granting exp? (Perhaps someway for the buff to check if the entity's "health <= 0", then grant enemy's exp to player(s), after the damage calculation)

Final note is that, if I find a way to make the Explosion FX, I'll be moving it out from the buff section, as it would be strange if the AoE hits, say 3 targets, and explosions apply at each of the 3 target's location. 

Thanks for the tips & help!

Oh, duh, of course. I was thinking of land mines, but that makes sense because that's trap damage. I'm not sure why the added explosion damage means you aren't getting XP on a melee weapon.

Also, I thought that you wanted the explosions to apply for each of the 3 targets. If you want the explosion particle effect to only be triggered on the enemy you hit, but the explosion damage to be applied to an AOE, that's doable but a bit trickier. I'm not sure you should do this though - you probably want the explosion effect as a visual indicator that the explosion did damage to particular entities. Your call though.

EDIT: Also you probably want something other than "onSelfSecondaryActionRayHit" but I'm not sure what that would be. Since TFP went to hitting multiple targets in one swing ("ray"), I don't know if they even differentiate between the "primary" target and others that you hit in the same swing.

khzmusik

khzmusik

5 hours ago, Bladestorm Games said:

Oh also khzmusik, you said in general explosion damage (kills?) dont grant XP, but I've gotten XP from Rocket Frags and Explosive Arrow and Pipebombs, so explosion damage / kill should be granting exp? (Perhaps someway for the buff to check if the entity's "health <= 0", then grant enemy's exp to player(s), after the damage calculation)

Final note is that, if I find a way to make the Explosion FX, I'll be moving it out from the buff section, as it would be strange if the AoE hits, say 3 targets, and explosions apply at each of the 3 target's location. 

Thanks for the tips & help!

Oh, duh, of course. I was thinking of land mines, but that makes sense because that's trap damage. I'm not sure why the added explosion damage means you aren't getting XP on a melee weapon.

Also, I thought that you wanted the explosions to apply for each of the 3 targets. If you want the explosion particle effect to only be triggered on the enemy you hit, but the explosion damage to be applied to an AOE, that's doable but a bit trickier. I'm not sure you should do this though - you probably want the explosion effect as a visual indicator that the explosion did damage to particular entities. Your call though.