Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
khzmusik

khzmusik

4 hours ago, Bladestorm Games said:

I'm still trying to fix a few issues:

1) I have it set to Power Attack, but the effect seems to apply to regular (left mouse button) attack.

2) Getting kills with the AoE grants no XP.

3) Still looking at how/what particle to perform for the explosion FX.

1. Actually you don't have it set to Power Attack. Look at the trigger - it's "onSelfAttackedOther" not "onSelfSecondaryActionRayHit". So you're triggering the effect whenever you attack an "other".

2. That's tricky, since explosion damage in general doesn't grant you XP. (I don't think so anyway...)

3. I'd look at "buffShocked" - the buff applied to the stun baton - as an example. No idea what the "explosion" particle effect is, but you could probably just copy-and-paste the stun baton and replace the particle effect, at least as a starting point.

Also: For most weapons that apply status effects on multiple enemies (like stun batons) you actually want the target to be "otherAOE". 

khzmusik

khzmusik

3 hours ago, Bladestorm Games said:

I'm still trying to fix a few issues:

1) I have it set to Power Attack, but the effect seems to apply to regular (left mouse button) attack.

2) Getting kills with the AoE grants no XP.

3) Still looking at how/what particle to perform for the explosion FX.

1. Actually you don't have it set to Power Attack. Look at the trigger - it's "onSelfAttackedOther" not "onSelfSecondaryActionRayHit". So you're triggering the effect whenever you attack an "other".

2. That's tricky, since explosion damage in general doesn't grant you XP.

3. I'd look at "buffShocked" - the buff applied to the stun baton - as an example. No idea what the "explosion" particle effect is, but you could probably just copy-and-paste the stun baton and replace the particle effect, at least as a starting point.

Also: For most weapons that apply status effects on multiple enemies (like stun batons) you actually want the target to be "otherAOE".