Clear quest fail

RUBY.ROSE

So, on the 7 days server we attempted to do a tier 5 clear quest on the apartment building.

However, we did the quest by removing the bottom floor of the building and collapsing the entire thing.

As a result of this it would seem that some of the zombies vanished or otherwise phased out of existence, and the quest became impossible to finish.

has anyone ever had this happen?

As random as that is with the complete leveling of a building to do a quest...

I'll bet there isn't a fix for that other than cancelling the quest and trying again.  Some zombies don't spawn until you get close to the room they are in, so by collapsing the building you made it impossible for them to spawn.  I'd recommend a different approach in the future.  :p

2 hours ago, RUBY.ROSE said:

So, on the 7 days server we attempted to do a tier 5 clear quest on the apartment building.

However, we did the quest by removing the bottom floor of the building and collapsing the entire thing.

That's definitely thinking outside of the box.....

However, since the trader wanted you to clear the building, the trader had another use for it after you were done with the quest  😉

10 hours ago, RUBY.ROSE said:

As a result of this it would seem that some of the zombies vanished or otherwise phased out of existence, and the quest became impossible to finish.

has anyone ever had this happen?

As random as that is with the complete leveling of a building to do a quest...

Rofl.......A++ for thinking!!! I could never come up with that idea. It’s a shame it didn’t work but I agree with previous post that it failed because of zombies that weren’t triggered to spawn.

On 1/8/2021 at 9:59 AM, Maharin said:

I'll bet there isn't a fix for that other than cancelling the quest and trying again.  Some zombies don't spawn until you get close to the room they are in, so by collapsing the building you made it impossible for them to spawn.  I'd recommend a different approach in the future.  :p

The zombies spawn in volumes is why, or else if you fire one shot you'd have 1-3 entire floors coming down on your head in that building. Generally they will not spawn till your close to the room, usually doors/passageways denote volume crossings, so each apt door you open is its own seperate volume that won't spawn till your right by the door or even till your inside the room. Still taking out the entire building to try to finish the quest faster? Not seen that approach taken before, but at least we know it won't work.

I don't know about exploiting or even cheesing but I do agree that it isn't really doing what the trader asked  you to do so I would agree a punishment like a downgrade in rep if rep is implemented could be warranted. But how is it an exploit if there is effort put into bringing down the building and you'd be missing out on all the looting?

I'd like to see a demolition quest since the game has explosives and buildings can be destroyed. Why not a quest to craft dynamite and place it and bring a whole building down? Maybe once dynamic imposters are solved and implemented so that there are no conflicts with distant terrain....

15 minutes ago, Roland said:

But how is it an exploit if there is effort put into bringing down the building and you'd be missing out on all the looting?

As already said, the quest was not to destroy the whole building, but just to clear it.

I'd probably even see the quest as failed once you destroy to many blocks in there.

And in sense of game balancing that is surely not what was asked for. It's pretty easy to just tear down quest POIS instead of clearing them. And imho especially the sky scrapers are not meant to do it this way.

I'd like to see a demolition quest since the game has explosives and buildings can be destroyed.

Another quest type would indeed be fine. Better than with consequences. So a skyscraper won't return after a that (it is never given as quest POI again) That would even be very interesting, as it has a more or less final consequence.

Archived