Key to dump items into container

KingSlayerGM

Hello everyone,

is there a key to dump items into a container? Like I can press R to take all items from a container..

I love the button in the UI that dumps items only if already present in the container, is there a shortcut for that?

Bonus question:

I have a stack of 5000 wood and I have 2 forges. I want to put 100 wood in forge 1 and 100 wood in forge 2. Whats the fastest way to do it?

Thanks

Craft a 100 wood frames, split the stack (right-click-drag) and put 50 into each forge .. :) (I always have a stack of wood frames on my hotbar for combat engineering, so I've used them for firewood since forever)

For a more direct answer, splitting the stacks several times is likely the easiest solution, just needs some free inventory. 5k, 2k5, 1250, 625, 312, 156 => 2x78 or so. Leave a stack of 300 into one of the forge outputs for next time..

35 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Craft a 100 wood frames, split the stack (right-click-drag) and put 50 into each forge .. :) (I always have a stack of wood frames on my hotbar for combat engineering, so I've used them for firewood since forever)

For a more direct answer, splitting the stacks several times is likely the easiest solution, just needs some free inventory. 5k, 2k5, 1250, 625, 312, 156 => 2x78 or so. Leave a stack of 300 into one of the forge outputs for next time..

Is buring frames as efficient as burining wood? or am I loosing some? I also need to wait the crafting time.. is this really worth it?

I am aware of the splitting stacks trick, but it always feels slow if you have to split it many times... I think TFP should add a way to drop like 50 wood from a stack for loading forges.

No losses from burning frames, I think they even used to be better for a while. Now they're even, 50 secs per wood, 100 secs per frame.

And wood isn't usually an issue by the time you have a reason to run a forge for an hour...

You can bypass the wait by just queueing it up in a workbench, make 400 if you want to aim for 100 or 50 (or just accept the losses at 125 and 63... :) )

There used to be a number input, but that was stripped in a UI overhaul, one of the features I most miss..

You can also look at the recipes, if there's something that takes a lot of wood to craft, it might burn for long. (I'm thinking wood logs, but I haven't checked those since the frame-system was introduced...). Crafting some of those would then save a lot of clicks ... if you find something good for this patch, let me know :)

1 hour ago, theFlu said:

No losses from burning frames, I think they even used to be better for a while. Now they're even, 50 secs per wood, 100 secs per frame.

And wood isn't usually an issue by the time you have a reason to run a forge for an hour...

You can bypass the wait by just queueing it up in a workbench, make 400 if you want to aim for 100 or 50 (or just accept the losses at 125 and 63... :) )

There used to be a number input, but that was stripped in a UI overhaul, one of the features I most miss..

You can also look at the recipes, if there's something that takes a lot of wood to craft, it might burn for long. (I'm thinking wood logs, but I haven't checked those since the frame-system was introduced...). Crafting some of those would then save a lot of clicks ... if you find something good for this patch, let me know :)

It's good to know that there are no losses from wood frames, thanks.

57 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

I concur personally; there are a couple of other things related I was thinking of, I'll inquire/talk with the team about it. Definitely not a promise but I'll check.

How about a button in the forge UI that will move as much wood from your inventory to the forge as necessary to smelt whatever you are smelting, or to complete whatever you are crafting?

In alternative: how about shift+rightclick will drop 50 items of whatever stack you are holding into an empty slot, in the same way that just rightclick will drop only 1 item. This way we can load forges more easily.

Also, guys, nobody answered the first question: is there a shortcut to dump items from inventory to container?

1 hour ago, KingSlayerGM said:

Also, guys, nobody answered the first question: is there a shortcut to dump items from inventory to container?

Well, I'm 95% sure there isn't, but it is possible I've missed the addition of that, so... that doesn't help much, I know :)

N4nfgBk.png

If you look in the title bars for your inventory and the chest you will see 2 icons that look like boxes with arrows. If you click the one in your inventory that has the 3 arrows it will move everything to the storage box (if there is room. Or so much as it can if there is not. Starting from slot 1). If you have some items already in the chest, say 1000 yucca and you click the box with the single arrow in your inventory it will move enough yucca from your inventory to the chest to complete a stack.

It's fairly easy to figure out by playing with them.

Ok, doh. Disregard my answer. You are looking for a keyboard shortcut. Sorry about that. I will leave my post though in case anyone is out there that still doesn't know about those icons. (Yes, there are new players who don't. I have seen them on twitch :D )

11 hours ago, Gamida said:

If you look in the title bars for your inventory and the chest you will see 2 icons that look like boxes with arrows. If you click the one in your inventory that has the 3 arrows it will move everything to the storage box (if there is room. Or so much as it can if there is not. Starting from slot 1). If you have some items already in the chest, say 1000 yucca and you click the box with the single arrow in your inventory it will move enough yucca from your inventory to the chest to complete a stack.

It's fairly easy to figure out by playing with them.

Ok, doh. Disregard my answer. You are looking for a keyboard shortcut. Sorry about that. I will leave my post though in case anyone is out there that still doesn't know about those icons. (Yes, there are new players who don't. I have seen them on twitch :D )

Yes, those buttons are pretty handy. I wish there was a shortcut though :(

This isn't a shortcut, but it can save a little mouse dragging time.  I will frequently keep a stack of fuel in the output section of a forge, campfire, and chemistry station.  If I'm not making 6 stacks of things then it saves me a little bit of time and frustration.

Archived