TFP could hire 505 games to do the console port

505 games is already known as a good company as they ported terraria and many other games so they could most likely port 7 days to die for them the only problem would be the cost and if they would do it or not. Which could be a big problem but I think 505 games would do it if they believe it's worth the time and effort they would put in it.

Edited by GodOfTheFireland (see edit history)

They could also hire nintendo to do a console port, but they still don't want to hire ANYBODY to do a console port until the game is finished.

Read that @%$#ing big glowing red banner above the forum you are posting in.

Personally they will most likely go with Iron Galaxy again, since IG is already familiar with the code.

As you stated, the big issue is cost. There is also the fact that TFP is not a console publisher, and they would need to find one. Then there's the lawyers, and more money, ect. ect. ect.

And as stated already in the big red banner most of you don't bother to read, If anything happens, it won't be until after the PC game is finished.

• Like 1

I would like to see Iron Galaxy work on the port again, they're a good studio, just they didn't have enough time with PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game. And if the whole situation didn't happen with Telltale, I'm pretty sure that Iron Galaxy would of had the console port in a good place with time and patches.

However, if Iron Galaxy for whatever reasons didn't want to continue working on 7 Days To Die, I'd like to see 4J Studios take over the project for the console port. With that said, I know 4J Studios isn't as big as 505 Games, but they're very passionate and dedicated to their craft. 

16 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

They could also hire nintendo to do a console port, but they still don't want to hire ANYBODY to do a console port until the game is finished.

Read that @%$#ing big glowing red banner above the forum you are posting in.

Sure did not stop them the first time.

Does any game ever reach the finished stage? If yes, then why update or DLC? 

1 hour ago, posineg said:

Sure did not stop them the first time.

Yes, some people learn from their mistakes. I would be more concerned if you had to say "Sure did not stop them the first and second time". 😉

1 hour ago, posineg said:

Does any game ever reach the finished stage? If yes, then why update or DLC? 

Yes, for example the telltale game "7 Dasy to Die" did. Naturally that depends on the definition of "finish". Since you probably meant bugfree or even that it has all the features the developer dreamed of, then no game can realistically ever be finished.

DLC does mean the game is practically finished (in the sense of: the devs don't want to add any features anymore to the base game). DLC usually is optional content to a finished game.

• Like 2