2 ideas for new high level zombies

yung sh4d0w

swat/riot police zombies and also usable player shields. and a giant baby zombie thats an amalgamation of other zombies(i saw it in a manga) + dead zombies and can be spawned if a horde of zombies isnt taken care of fast enough and some of them and the dead zombies all fuse, it has the ability to spawn other zombies while also avoiding the player and staying a relatively safe distance or finding cover so it can act as a proper siege weapon against players bases or buildings because the players basically make castles anyway

• 2 weeks later...

I want to see enemies to be able to actually do significant damage to structures , it seems that a good base is a bit to powerfull in comparison with zombies abilities .

Like have a siege/tank zombie that spawns not that frequently and he is really into breakings in bases ? Just added my idea in , sry if it is not relavent to yours.

- there is a riot shield mod (I think by guppycur) so it looks like this at least can be done.  I think you can only hold it and not have a weapon at the same time. I have heard that “dual wielding” weapons will not become a thing.

- I have heard that baby/child zombies are not going to be a thing, (because nobody wants to put in having to shoot zombie babies/kids) so also likely not even part of some blob thing, however, there are mods that have them just crawling around and screaming

- for “significant structural damage” the answer I’ve seen is “turn up zombie block damage in the options screen.” Another answer is simply making zombies more powerful (see Snufkins zombies mods, and others). Since TFP added the “exploding guy”, and he’s only triggered if your shoot him wrong, I don’t think they will make more powerful zeds than this Just my opinion, though maybe bandits or some new “bosses” could change that. 

in terms of “a siege weapon”, the best I can come up with today is all making tweaks to mods. There’s “the behemoth” old TFP zed that is in the creature packs, you could simply make his damage higher.  Then there are the vanilla “exploding guys”, same thing, just mod up their damage “a lot”.  Then there are the non vanilla exploding guys (snufkins, and others), same thing.

until bandits are supported I can’t see the “mechanics” changing of how the zeds act (either AI or some other morphing mechanic.  However, I’ve heard of mods that have NPCa turn into zombies, so “morphing” is sort of there). On a side note: I made a sad attempt at making a “Doozer” zed that would “build” by basically throwing/dropping blocks instead of attacking (like dirt, sand, or maybe wood frames) as this was supposed to allow zeds to be able to scale walls if you didn’t deal with them.  I failed to get it to work, but I feel it’s possible if a better modder than I worked on it. Even if a little “unreal” it would be a siege-like mechanic.  Zombie cops can vomit, why not vomit dirt and let it pile up?

Archived