Gamestage broken now in Client game?

zewtastic

CLIENT BUG? Not an issue on dedicated servers.

The formula to generate Gamestage (used) to be based on game difficulty.

Higher difficulty, higher gamestage.

Buy now, if you change your game difficulty, Gamestage is not affected.

So either a bug

or the formula has changed?

Or there is no difference in the difficulties. Novice=Insane. No difference. (a bug)

Well the Gamestage XML comments have not been updated to reflect that.

And modifying the difficultyBonus (default 2.0)

gamestages>
    <config
        daysAliveChangeWhenKilled="2"

difficultyBonus="5.0"

startingWeight ="2"
        diminishingReturns ="0.5"

lootBonusEvery = "12"
        lootBonusMaxCount = "30"
        lootBonusScale = "25"

Does affect Gamestage.

This allows me to get my solo game to GS1000+

XML commentary is woefully out of date across the board. Understandable though as they probably are loathe to spend time updating notes and commentary every time things change and then change again. I'm sure they will clean up all their notes once the game goes gold and they turn their attention to official mod support.

Glad you found a way to get what you want!

But the issue remains, does changing your game difficulty do anything?

Since most of the games mechanica such as Horde night, Sleepers, Scouts all work from Gamestage. And now that difficulty is fixed, the only gamestage parameters are days lived, player level and deaths.

Changing difficulty only seems to affect how much of a bullet-sink vanilla zombies are.

Changing difficulty affects how much damage you do to zombies, how much damage zombies do to you, and how likely zombies are to go into rage mode.

The lowest difficulty has 0% chance of zombie rage, and each increase in difficulty increases the chance for zombies to rage.

The change in difficulty may affect one more thing. I seem to remember someone adding something i had forgotten about in a similar thread, but i have again forgotten.

1 hour ago, zewtastic said:

But the issue remains, does changing your game difficulty do anything?

There is no bug and no issue. The game is operating as intended. The xml commentary is inaccurate. Game difficulty currently only affects damage to zombies and percent chance for zombies to rage. You must manually change the gamestage multiplier in the xml to increase its pace. There is no top menu option for it other than to increase the xp earned or decrease the period of time for a day so that your level and days lived increase faster. 

Archived