Problems with server reading unity3d models and icons :/ in diffrent mods

Arixon

Hello all completely new to this so dont bash my face in the wall straight away if the solution is very easy, as stated in the topic i got several mods and all that have custom icons or unity 3d models will not display them althou the format is good and all that technical gibberish xD it happens on warzuks hd 3 d weapons vanilla firearms extended and a few other smaller mods like incidiary ammo etc. what could be wrong? how can i fix this? is it beacause the 19.3 experimental version of the game? need some extra weapons and diffrent kinds of ammo on my server :( Please help!

blank1.jpg

blank2.jpg

error.jpg

error2.jpg

error3.jpg

katana blank.jpg

My best guess is this:

If you are running a server, and clients are connecting to it and they are not seeing the icons, etc. it’s because these things are not synced from the server to the client(s).  All the clients need to load the mods with the issues. 

Specifically: any mod with custom resources (unity.3D files) or icons will need to be on the clients.  anything not pure XML in the mods (or the Localization.txt file, if it exists) will not be sent to clients. I’m not 100% sure but if a mod contains prefabs those might be sent to the client.

I believe the Localization.txt and the prefabs in mods (if true they also sync to clients) have only been syncing from server to client as of a19.  From what I’ve heard, the icons and resources may never be synced to the clients (just what I believe), and if it does it might be until the game goes gold and also possibly until the game also has stem workshop support.  I am not an authority on this information, so someone please correct me if I am wrong !

21 minutes ago, doughphunghus said:

My best guess is this:

If you are running a server, and clients are connecting to it and they are not seeing the icons, etc. it’s because these things are not synced from the server to the client(s).  All the clients need to load the mods with the issues. 

Specifically: any mod with custom resources (unity.3D files) or icons will need to be on the clients.  anything not pure XML in the mods (or the Localization.txt file, if it exists) will not be sent to clients. I’m not 100% sure but if a mod contains prefabs those might be sent to the client.

I believe the Localization.txt and the prefabs in mods (if true they also sync to clients) have only been syncing from server to client as of a19.  From what I’ve heard, the icons and resources may never be synced to the clients (just what I believe), and if it does it might be until the game goes gold and also possibly until the game also has stem workshop support.  I am not an authority on this information, so someone please correct me if I am wrong !

To answer  your good asumption i eliminated that possibility i specifically installed all the mods in my game directory in my mods folder yet the effect was the same. For some reason i think it cant load these resources on  the server from the file on the server 😕 its not an issue with the clients not having them as the server is always able to give out missing files i specifically check that aswell . Any other possibilitys?

Additional assets like item icons or custom textures will not be pushed from the server. Each client will have to have these installed, and the easiest method that is most reliable is to use modlets.

Without exact details on how you set up the server, the folder structures used, and how the mods are installed, we aren't going to be able to help you much.   This does work, if it is configured properly.

41 minutes ago, Arixon said:

To answer  your good asumption i eliminated that possibility i specifically installed all the mods in my game directory in my mods folder yet the effect was the same.

Probably wrong folder? Does it work in a single player game?

41 minutes ago, Arixon said:

its not an issue with the clients not having them as the server is always able to give out missing files i specifically check that aswell . Any other possibilitys?

The server does NOT push any icons or models to clients!

The only changes that are applied to clients from the server are any xml changes. That gives you exactly what your screenshots show, icons and models are missing on the client. The console message also say DIRECTLY that e.g. the vanilla firearms mod is NOT installed on your client!

2 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Probably wrong folder? Does it work in a single player game?

The server does NOT push any icons or models to clients!

The only changes that are applied to clients from the server are any xml changes. That gives you exactly what your screenshots show, icons and models are missing on the client. The console message also say DIRECTLY that e.g. the vanilla firearms mod is NOT installed on your client!

i did like i said test it myself put all the mods on my pc with all the files and still it didnt work 😕

6 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Then you set it up incorrectly. It really is that simple. There are several mods that use custom assets, and they work just fine.

there is no way that it is incorrectly all other mods are working fine steel ammo for one and load of others only the customs are broken 😕

im making a single player game now nothing in my mod folder besides the gun mod we will see if it works but i dont think so :D

Thank you all. I found out and seperated the conflicting mods setup everything and its working fine as expected now :) got to say that most conflicting mod of all is War3zuks Ui mod 6 or 7 conflicting mods with it :D but yea besides that tip top now! Cheers

Archived