Zombie Pop Up Worst When Stealthy

PinkLed5

The game doesn't use scripted events like that and instead all the sleeper volumes are in the from a 3d cube drawn around the spawn location extending towards the intended path to it. While also including quite a bit of the surrounding area to cover some of the unintended paths. The way it works is the second your hit box crosses over any of the cubes 6 sides the zombie spawn points with in will activate. Normally the devs would include a view blocking barrier on the intended path between the spawn volume's edge and the spawn location to hide the pop in. However in your case your bypassing the intended path and those pipes are just above the top of the spawn volume.

Basically the way zombie spawning works in POI's is that no zombies exist until seconds before you would naturally see them. Otherwise none exist as the devs are ultra aggressive at keeping the total Zombie count as absolutely low as possible by ensuring that none exist that won't get immediately engaged by the player.

2 hours ago, Danidas said:

Basically the way zombie spawning works in POI's is that no zombies exist until seconds before you would naturally see them. Otherwise none exist as the devs are ultra aggressive at keeping the total Zombie count as absolutely low as possible by ensuring that none exist that won't get immediately engaged by the player.

Oh, I know.  Zombie pop up is really bad in my games because PoIs are designed for the player to take a certain route, but as a stealth player, I reverse engineer these routes to surprise the zombies that are waiting to surprise me.  When you clear the shamway from the top down, instead of vice versa, as it was design, zombie pop up is the norm throughout the whole thing.  I often watch an empty room suddenly appear with half a dozen zombies or more.  I've just learned to deal with it.

This example upset me the first time, because I was so careful approaching those boxes, and then zombies teleported in at the last moment. This time, you'll notice I had my silenced AK47 ready.

Archived