Ghillie Suit - What Does it Actually Do?

PinkLed5

I had to give up my padded hood with an advanced muffled connector and other mods (e.g. head lamp) to wear the the entire ghillie suit.  How much does the ghillie suit affect detect-ability by zombies?  Would I be better with the padded hood + advanced muffled connector?

I'm a stealth nerd and want the most stealth I can get, but I don't know how to judge what's better than another.

I would suggest using this method to measure your stealth:

Go outside at daytime so the stealth meter is high enough to notice changes and change your attire to test. If daytime isn't enough to see differences, maybe using an auger shows tendencies.

The other method is searching for ghillie suit and padded hood in items.xml, and muffled connectors in item_modifiers.xml and simply calculating it. You don't need to know xml, just use common sense to understand what is happening there.

16 minutes ago, PinkLed5 said:

Perhaps, but sleeping zeds don't seem to care about a headlight.  I use it mostly while I'm clearing PoI's.

They do AFAIK. When your stealth is good enough and they are still a few blocks away you can get away with it. But try to stealth-kill them with a knife for example and you should see a big difference in success rate.

Hi, you can use the F3 menu to really see this to compare and experiment with. All 3 pieces do work and reduce your light rating decently which helps; it does work indoors as well. Did a short video showing you what I'm talking about.

• Enter dm into the console
  • Press F3
  • Press Tab
  • Uncheck (click the squares) a few or all the stats and then click ST at the bottom, that will bring up the stealth stats
  • Compare and experiment :)

I suppose the question is: do you sacrifice the head armor and mods that come with it for a benefit of light reduction? Honestly, I'm not too sure which one is better; I'd say it's situational (e.g. trying to stealth during the daytime, or nighttime even in a poi with lots of lighting).

15 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

Hi, you can use the F3 menu to really see this to compare and experiment with. All 3 pieces do work and reduce your light rating decently which helps; it does work indoors as well. Did a short video showing you what I'm talking about.

• Enter dm into the console
  • Press F3
  • Press Tab
  • Uncheck (click the squares) a few or all the stats and then click ST at the bottom, that will bring up the stealth stats
  • Compare and experiment :)

I suppose the question is: do you sacrifice the head armor and mods that come with it for a benefit of light reduction? Honestly, I'm not too sure which one is better; I'd say it's situational (e.g. trying to stealth during the daytime, or nighttime even in a poi with lots of lighting).

Great reply, Jugginator!  Thank you so much!  I'll give this a whirl.

Dang!  My light is low, but my noise is non-existent!  My silenced TAR and Marksman Rifle don't even make any noise.  >:D

The ghillie suit didn't effect my light levels at all, but that might be because I'm using a mod that makes the ghillie suit installable in standard clothing.  Otherwise, it's useless in anything but PvP, imo.  So now it's more of a skin than a useful feature.  Oh well.

stealth.jpg

Archived