How to give 1 bonus skill point each 10 levels

Elviento

Hi all,

I just wondering if is it possibile to give 1 bonus skill point each 10 level and how? :)

I think that I've to create a new questline that will trigger when the player will reach level 10, but I'm non so sure if it is the best method.

At the moment I've created a quest.xml file with this inside, but the game simply ignore my creation without showing errors.

The new quest doesn't appear in the quest menu when my test character reach level 10. (it should ask to the player to create a wooden block, place it and upgrade it)

Any Idea about how to fix it?

<configs>
<append xpath="/quest">

<quest id="quest_ReachLV10">
            <level_requirements level="10">    
            <requirement name="PlayerLevel" operation="GTE" value="10">
            </level_requirements>

<property name="group_name_key" value="quest_ZombieExtraSkill_group"/>
            <property name="name_key" value="quest_ReachLV10"/>
            <property name="subtitle_key" value="quest_ReachLV10_subtitle"/>
            <property name="description_key" value="quest_ReachLV10_description"/>
            <property name="icon" value="ui_game_symbol_quest"/>
            <property name="category_key" value="quest"/>
            <property name="difficulty" value="veryeasy"/>
            <property name="shareable" value="false"/>
            <property name="repeatable" value="false"/>

<objective type="FetchKeep" id="resourceWood" value="6" phase="1"/>
            <objective type="Craft" id="woodFrameBlockVariantHelper" value="1" phase="2"/>
            <objective type="BlockPlace" id="woodFrameBlock" value="1" phase="2"/>
            <objective type="BlockUpgrade" id="woodFrameBlock" value="1" phase="2"/>

<reward type="SkillPoints" value="1" />
        </quest>
</append>
</configs>

I've dropped the idea to have one auto quest that will trigger each 10 player's levels.

I switched to create a simple quest (like the post-it quest that you can find in loot) that ask to the player to kill 1.000 zombies all around the map to gain some bonus and 1 skill point when complete the quest speaking with the trader.

I've created these two files in order to create the quest item and define the quest.

No error when loading the game.

The quest item  can be created in the creative menu.

After put the quest item on the character inventory when I click on the quest item, the command console (F1) open itself and it show a lot of red lines:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an istance of an object

What I'm doing wrong? 

items.xml quest.xml

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Couldn't you just do it as partial skill points in progression.xml rather than a quest?

Like...

<level max_level="300" exp_to_level="10000" experience_multiplier="1.05" skill_points_per_level="1.1" clamp_exp_cost_at_level="60">

That's a good idea ^^; thanks for the suggestion!

Oh on 2nd look, it's probably the "zombie" id for the objective. ID is used to say a specific zombie, ie zombieScreamer.. so kill 1000 screamers. Simply "zombie" isnt an entityclass. This is how vanilla does kill any zombie:

<objective type="ZombieKill" value="2" phase="1"/>

Try that and see.

3 hours ago, Telric said:

Oh on 2nd look, it's probably the "zombie" id for the objective. ID is used to say a specific zombie, ie zombieScreamer.. so kill 1000 screamers. Simply "zombie" isnt an entityclass. This is how vanilla does kill any zombie:

<objective type="ZombieKill" value="2" phase="1"/>

Try that and see.

thanks again for the suggestion.

I've tried it, but still no luck.

Something is wrong but I cannot figure it ç_ç

12 hours ago, Telric said:

Does your mod actually add the quest? Your file name is quest.xml instead of quests.xml. You can use the uhhh exportconfigs command i believe. It will dump your newly loaded xmls that combine your mod with vanilla.

It works!!! It Works!!! it was a stupid mistake: i forgot the "S" at the end of the file "quest".xml

you are a shaman!!! ^^;

thanks a lot!

I started an intensive test phase now that the new quest is working.

FUN fact: the game kill counter work only from 0 to 255 and then reset itself :D when killing the zombie the counter will return to zero after 255. 

I've started a chain quest with 4 repetition of 250 kill :)

it's raw but it works :)

thanks again for all the helps!

I've attached the latest version of my files if somoneone want to have fun on it. 😛

items.xml quests.xml

Np glad it works now. It's always those tiny mistakes that break everything.. You should see my rage when something dont work right and i can't figure out why for the life of me.. then i load up unity and see that the file is thisismyfile instead of thesearemyfiles.... lol.

Archived