(A21-A20-A19) Oak's Pet Animals and Guards

arramus

5 hours ago, Grace77 said:

Do these animals breed ive been trying to find a mod that have breeding animals.

These animals are split into two systems; free roaming kinds which do not breed, and a Chicken Coop and Rabbit Trap kind. The Chicken Coop kind can produce new chickens which can be placed. New rabbits can be caught. That is as sophisticated as it gets.

WareZUK's Farm Husbandry Mod or Farm additions to Age of Oblivion Mod may have what you're looking for.

https://7daystodiemods.com/war3zuk-farmlife-v3-enhanced/

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2023 at 2:47 AM, Weazelsun said:

So, Drone as a npc Guard or Pet when? lol I don't if such a thing would be possible though to have the drone as a turret.

We shall see if TFP implement this into A21. There is some xml code which gives the Drone guard attack features. We didn't really want to start adding things like that to it before TFP do.

Interesting to see that there is still some code that allows it to be done.  Hm... how about a vulture as a guard? It would be the first stationary flying guard npc ever if done. But then I don't know how it would work in regard to targeting zombies. Part of me thinks it would work but very janky and not at all good. Especially, since the acid spit they shoot can still be dodged and the question of what if a zombie gets under cover. -sigh- That's what I dislike about making suggestions is that some sound good but once I started thinking about it in-depth. It's like eh, sounds good but because of game limitations. 

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Anhelise said:
Endless appearance of animals. If the tile is in a vertical position - animals appear endlessly until they fill the room. Is it possible to fix this bug so that the tile breaks regardless of its location.

It is not a bug. The tile is not being used as described and intended. As the animal lands on the tile, the tile breaks. That is how the game developers designed this type of tile.
If you walk into the tile, it may break and stop the spawning. If not, it is best to try to use an axe on it.

Endless appearance of animals. If the tile is in a vertical position - animals appear endlessly until they fill the room. Is it possible to fix this bug so that the tile breaks regardless of its location.22999.png111999.png

9 minutes ago, arramus said:

It is not a bug. The tile is not being used as described and intended. As the animal lands on the tile, the tile breaks. That is how the game developers designed this type of tile.
If you walk into the tile, it may break and stop the spawning. If not, it is best to try to use an axe on it.

so it is necessary to fix this bug, otherwise bad people can take advantage of it (

Can come up with a life restriction for this item. Life timer. Otherwise, you can spawn infinitely animals.

Edited by egik152 (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, egik152 said:

Endless appearance of animals. If the tile is in a vertical position - animals appear endlessly until they fill the room. Is it possible to fix this bug so that the tile breaks regardless of its location.22999.png111999.png

so it is necessary to fix this bug, otherwise bad people can take advantage of it (

Can come up with a life restriction for this item. Life timer. Otherwise, you can spawn infinitely animals.

You mean you would like to report an exploit because the rabbits are breeding...like rabbits.
I shall share this with the creator. One option you can do now is to set the tile so it cannot be rotated on a vertical plain.

<property name="OnlySimpleRotations" value="true"/>
This will stop players turning it vertically and only allow horizontal on the floor.

For example. In the blocks.xml

For every entry similar to this one for the pets and guards (not the Spawner or Animal type)

<block name="PetRabbit">
            <property name="Extends" value="decoMannequinFemale"/>
            <property name="Model" value="Entities/Animals/Boar/sleeperPose/idleSleepBoar"/>
            <property name="OnlySimpleRotations" value="true"/>         
            <property name="CustomIcon" value="decoClassicDogHouse"/>
            <property name="CustomIconTint" value="ff8080"/>
            <property name="StabilitySupport" value="true"/>
            <property name="DescriptionKey" value="GenericPetDesc"/>
            <property name="Stacknumber" value="1"/>
            <property name="Class" value="PlantGrowing"/>
            <property name="PlantGrowing.IsGrowOnTopEnabled" value="true"/>
            <property name="PlantGrowing.Next" value="PetRabbitAnimal"/>
            <property name="PlantGrowing.GrowOnTop" value="PetRabbitSpawner" />
            <property name="PlantGrowing.FertileLevel" value="0"/>
            <property name="PlantGrowing.LightLevelGrow" value="0"/>
            <property name="PlantGrowing.GrowthRate" value="0.01"/>
            <property name="PlantGrowing.IsRandom" value="false"/>
            <property name="PlantGrowing.LightLevelStay" value="0"/>
        </block>

59 minutes ago, arramus said:

Вы имеете в виду, что хотели бы сообщить об эксплойте, потому что кролики размножаются...как кролики.
Я поделюсь этим с создателем. Один из вариантов, который вы можете сделать сейчас, - установить плитку так, чтобы ее нельзя было поворачивать на вертикальной плоскости.

<имя свойства="OnlySimpleRotations" значение="true"/>
Это остановит игроков поворачивать его вертикально и позволит размещать только горизонтально на полу.

Например. В blocks.xml

Для каждой записи, подобной этой, для домашних животных и охранников (не для создателя или типа животного)

<название блока="PetRabbit">
<имя свойства="Extends" значение="decoMannequinFemale"/>
<имя свойства="Model" значение="Объекты / Животные / Кабан/Спящий режим /Бездельничающий кабан"/>
            <имя свойства="OnlySimpleRotations" значение="true"/>         
<имя свойства= значение "CustomIcon" ="decoClassicDogHouse"/>
<имя свойства= значение "CustomIconTint" ="ff8080"/>
<имя свойства= значение "StabilitySupport" ="true"/>
<имя свойства= значение "DescriptionKey" ="GenericPetDesc"/>
<имя свойства= значение "Stacknumber" ="1" />
<имя свойства= значение "Class" ="PlantGrowing"/>
<имя свойства ="PlantGrowing.IsGrowOnTopEnabled" значение="true"/>
<название свойства="Выращивание растений.Next" значение="PetRabbitAnimal"/>
<название свойства = "Выращивание растений.GrowOnTop" значение="Заяц-кролик" />
<название свойства="Выращивание растений.Значение "Уровень удобрения"="0"/>
<название свойства="Выращивание растений.Значение LightLevelGrow="0"/>
<название свойства="Выращивание растений.Значение "Коэффициент роста"="0.01"/>
<название свойства="Выращивание растений.Случайное" значение="false"/>
<название свойства="Выращивание растений.Значение LightLevelStay="0"/>
</block>

Thank you very much)
It is worth updating the mod. Add this parameter to the block.

Here's a small update for the Pets and Guards Mod.

1. Removed an exploit that allowed multiple Pets or Guards to spawn when placed at a vertical angle. This update only allows placement on a horizontal plain.

2. Removed template guard from spawning list.

6 hours ago, Weazelsun said:

Oh yeah, I've been wondering do the human guards still work? I haven't really seen any in supply drops at all.

I manually spawned 4 supply crates in batches of 2 and 2.

GDVWZbZ.jpg

The first 2 provided a guard in one and some farming stock in another.

fJDyLAw.jpg

The second 2 provided some animals and some medical equipment.

VbeemVa.jpg

They appear to work as intended. This was tested on Navezgane with no other mods.

18 minutes ago, Weazelsun said:

Ah, okay. I'll have to do xml edits to make it work WAr of the WAlker. The pet and npc animals do appear that the trader so that's good. Ah the joys of 7 Days to Die modding. 

Before making any changes, you did try to change to load order by renaming the Pets and Guards mod to something like:

Z_Oaks_Pet_Animals_and_Guards_A20_2023April18, right? Just so it loads after in case War of the Walkers totally removes everything that comes before it.
War of the Walkers has some really nice questing features for sure.

On 8/30/2021 at 8:46 PM, Sugarfree said:

So I have a question regarding mostly Humanoid Guards.

When I place the tiles down - sometimes they poop instantly and sometimes they don't pop at all and if I run over the tile it breaks and a few feathers fall. So my question is when I place the tile and nothing happens - does that mean they will pop when something comes within threat range or does that mean they are broken and will never pop?

I remember this issue. For me I would leave that tile alone and eventually they would pop. They were also triggered if something came near them as well. But every once in awhile I didn't feel like waiting so I wasted the tile and placed another one in it's place.

My question: is there a way to edit out EVERYTHING except the Guards? I wish there was an option where you could select what you want - like a CONFIG menu.

Edited by Sugarfree (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Sugarfree said:

I remember this issue. For me I would leave that tile alone and eventually they would pop. They were also triggered if something came near them as well. But every once in awhile I didn't feel like waiting so I wasted the tile and placed another one in it's place.

My question: is there a way to edit out EVERYTHING except the Guards? I wish there was an option where you could select what you want - like a CONFIG menu.

Commenting out recipes.xml items for farming/pet features can remove that side of things. The example for the "vehicleFarmJeepPlaceable" shows how to comment out an entry. The same can apply for the traders.xml and loot.xml to remove hook ups for anything referencing pets.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, MandyCMoore said:

Will this be updated for A21? Going to test it with it later, but just in case it goes wrong, I wanted to check. Lol. We can't play without this now, we've been hooked a long time. Lol. Thanks!

The Guards are made using the Unity Multipurpose Avatar system (UMA). It allowed them to be added with customised features but still remain server side only. It appears that this UMA system is no longer functional for A21using the A20 mod values. It cannot be updated due to that. I can not be 100% sure it has been fully removed or simply relocated and it will take some investigation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2023 at 10:22 PM, arramus said:

The Guards are made using the Unity Multipurpose Avatar system (UMA). It allowed them to be added with customised features but still remain server side only. It appears that this UMA system is no longer functional for A21using the A20 mod values. It cannot be updated due to that. I can not be 100% sure it has been fully removed or simply relocated and it will take some investigation.

Thanks so much for the response. We are thinking of starting a "Retro" Server anyway & using A19 on that one so we will still be able to enjoy the pets on there.

1 hour ago, MandyCMoore said:

Thanks so much for the response. We are thinking of starting a "Retro" Server anyway & using A19 on that one so we will still be able to enjoy the pets on there.

After more investigation, the NPC Zombie class for the Guards is not functioning and it seems that Retro is the best way to go for now. We will not forget this mod though and will consider using default zombies to take the place of archetype ones. It won't look pretty but it could be functional.

An alternative is not server side:

- NPCMod since their guards can be asked to stay in one place or follow the player on quests and for looting.

- Oakraven Collection Bee Hives and Chicken Coops for the resources they bring.

4 hours ago, arramus said:

After more investigation, the NPC Zombie class for the Guards is not functioning and it seems that Retro is the best way to go for now. We will not forget this mod though and will consider using default zombies to take the place of archetype ones. It won't look pretty but it could be functional.

An alternative is not server side:

- NPCMod since their guards can be asked to stay in one place or follow the player on quests and for looting.

- Oakraven Collection Bee Hives and Chicken Coops for the resources they bring.

Thank you so very much! Working on setting up our Retro or Throwback server right now!

On 6/20/2023 at 5:12 AM, MandyCMoore said:

Will this be updated for A21? Going to test it with it later, but just in case it goes wrong, I wanted to check. Lol. We can't play without this now, we've been hooked a long time. Lol. Thanks!

Removing certain animals and guards on an obsolete system, will allow the working ones to remain. There may be the loss of one or two things here and there but it won't be too bad. It will take a bit of time to iron things out and then we'll release a test release version for A21.

vg1fhgv.jpg