(A21-A20-A19) Oak's Pet Animals and Guards

arramus

12 minutes ago, Sugarfree said:

So I have a question regarding mostly Humanoid Guards.

When I place the tiles down - sometimes they poop instantly and sometimes they don't pop at all and if I run over the tile it breaks and a few feathers fall. So my question is when I place the tile and nothing happens - does that mean they will pop when something comes within threat range or does that mean they are broken and will never pop?

The poop can sometimes gloop but sometimes loop. If they are too close to another guard or other asset they may not always spawn and this will be permanent and they will never pop from what we have experienced. They are all coded to pop and spawn but the game physics has its own way of doing things. However, if they are placed on a slightly uneven surface and burrow underground a little, they can also spawn repeatedly and you can end up with a lot more than you expected. We win some and lose some in that regard. The best thing is to make sure they have a clear one block space around them and are on as flat a surface as possible. The mod developer is aware of these issues but with A20 coming closer is holding off any changes to see how the AI code is amended.

• 2 months later...

Hello. I was looking for a solution to my issue with this mod and may have found it. But to figure this out I do have to say we have all the guards, the new guard animals and we really love it all. Only thing is we don’t know if that update you made to make it so the turrets don’t kill the pets was supposed to be included in the most updated file or if it’s still now a separate thing. Do we need the original mod to use the “update” download? Or do we need to delete the old mod and use the one from the other site you provided?

20 minutes ago, Superbug112 said:

Hello. I was looking for a solution to my issue with this mod and may have found it. But to figure this out I do have to say we have all the guards, the new guard animals and we really love it all. Only thing is we don’t know if that update you made to make it so the turrets don’t kill the pets was supposed to be included in the most updated file or if it’s still now a separate thing. Do we need the original mod to use the “update” download? Or do we need to delete the old mod and use the one from the other site you provided?

The most recent version of this mod can be found here:

https://github.com/arramus/Pet-Animals-and-Guards-A19-2021Jan01

This is the only place it has been uploaded to from our end, although it is possible it has been uploaded elsewhere.

You will only need this 2021Jan01 version as it contains the original mod as well as any updates that were made since initial release.

33 minutes ago, arramus said:

The most recent version of this mod can be found here:

This is the only place it has been uploaded to from our end, although it is possible it has been uploaded elsewhere.

You will only need this 2021Jan01 version as it contains the original mod as well as any updates that were made since initial release.

Thankyou for your quick reply. The version we have doesn’t seem to have the turret not killing pets update but I’m not sure which version we have. One of my turrets blew away a pet chicken lol so I was hoping there was an update for this we just don’t have. I’ll speak with the others and have them check the files. Thankyou again

As for the turrets, here is what is currently happening with this latest mod:

The electric power turrets do not hurt the animals or human guards.

20211116162056_1.thumb.jpg.0e4bc22fcc5e176201eee4bffa617aad.jpg

20211116162227_1.thumb.jpg.1f239fd94825b06cc671b74d2915ecc8.jpg

However, the junk turrets will kill both the animals and guards. The animals in the above image were killed by the junk turret.

20211116160941_1.thumb.jpg.951dd494fe8d92d5bb34ea7680271b17.jpg

20211116162327_1.thumb.jpg.0bbaa2a704c8d60fdb203d86cfdcad11.jpg

4 minutes ago, Superbug112 said:

The version we have doesn’t seem to have the turret not killing pets update but I’m not sure which version we have.

You are correct. The junk turret will kill pets and guards that are in its line of sight.

I shall share this with the original creator and see if it is possible to modify the junk turret in the same way as the powered turret.

5 minutes ago, arramus said:

As for the turrets, here is what is currently happening with this latest mod:

The electric power turrets do not hurt the animals or human guards.

20211116162056_1.thumb.jpg.0e4bc22fcc5e176201eee4bffa617aad.jpg

20211116162227_1.thumb.jpg.1f239fd94825b06cc671b74d2915ecc8.jpg

However, the junk turrets will kill both the animals and guards. The animals in the above image were killed by the junk turret.

20211116160941_1.thumb.jpg.951dd494fe8d92d5bb34ea7680271b17.jpg

20211116162327_1.thumb.jpg.0bbaa2a704c8d60fdb203d86cfdcad11.jpg

You are correct. The junk turret will kill pets and guards that are in its line of sight.

I shall share this with the original creator and see if it is possible to modify the junk turret in the same way as the powered turret.

Ooooooh now I understand even better. Wired turrets and all. I also have a theory as to why the junk turrets arnt affected. When ever I go outside a certain radius the junk turrets stop moving. As if they are tied to my character. Perhaps the game sees it as a personal ability type thing? But I will test the wired turrets thankyou

2 minutes ago, Superbug112 said:

Ooooooh now I understand even better. Wired turrets and all. I also have a theory as to why the junk turrets arnt affected. When ever I go outside a certain radius the junk turrets stop moving. As if they are tied to my character. Perhaps the game sees it as a personal ability type thing? But I will test the wired turrets thankyou

Correct, this is a junk turret skill feature. They will only work if the owner is in close range. I think about 12 blocks for low skill. This increases to about 15 blocks for turret skill 5 and the ability to have 2 junk turrets at the same time.

For now, please just use the electric turrets. I asked the main developer if it is possible to allow the junk turret to not attack the animals and guards. They are VERY busy these days and I may be able to do it myself once they share the original fix for the electric turrets.

10 hours ago, Superbug112 said:

Hi, sorry it’s me again. So it seems our admit is having trouble accessing the file via gethub and the other option you provided seems to have told them they needed some sort of permission to open. Is there anyway we could get this from google docs or via nexus?

Also there maybe a bug with your update. It is dated before the one we have. Our admin checked it and it said the one in your update was older, pre guard turrets. “the one we have is called A19_2021Jan01 the one i just downloaded is called 2020Dec21...“ (from admin)

I just downloaded the version from this link.

The downloaded file is called: Pet-Animals-and-Guards-A19-2021Jan01-master and within it there is the Mod folder called:

Pet_Animals_and_Guards_A19_2021Jan01

I am not able to upload to Google Docs or Nexus. However, if you can share you community Discord, I shall join and transfer the folder that way because it is an easy method.

On 11/16/2021 at 4:23 PM, Superbug112 said:

Thankyou for your quick reply. The version we have doesn’t seem to have the turret not killing pets update but I’m not sure which version we have. One of my turrets blew away a pet chicken lol so I was hoping there was an update for this we just don’t have. I’ll speak with the others and have them check the files. Thankyou again

After checking what is possible with the Junk Turrets, here is what we tested and found.

The Junk Turret will eliminate regular animals, Pet Animals, and Guards (Human and Animal). It will not look to eliminate players in PvE. This is the natural behavior of the Junk Turret.

The Electrical Turrets are coded to distinguish enemy and allies/safe entities. That protects the regular animals, Pet Animals, and Guards.

The original creator remains busy but suggested changing some 'tags' and other Properties. These tell the game what should be attacked and what is safe.

I attempted the following for the Human Guards as a test.

Adding <property name="Tags" value="entity,player,human"/> to match Player properties - No benefit and the Junk Turret still attacked.

Adding <property name="IsEnemyEntity" value="false"/> to match Player properties - No benefit and the Junk Turret still attacked.

It probably means the above settings are dependent on the Class.

Adding <property name="Class" value="EntityPlayer"/> to match the Player properties. The turret doesn't attack but the Human Guards lose 'AI - Npc' abilities and becomes a passive doll as if they are a player standing still.

The Junk Turret does not provide attack properties like the zombies and animals. For zombies, we can select what they attack. The Junk Turret appears to be hard coded and not something we can customise for this mod. In the future, this may be possible, but it's on hold at the moment.

For now, be careful with Junk Turrets around the base. A warning has been added to the first post.

I hope your Admin was able to download the most recent updated version.

I could reconfirm with another fresh set of eyes, that the Junk Turret will attack everything except for things classed as 'Players'.

This is a Vanilla game feature that would require a deeper level of coding to change.

The Junk Turret and Oakraven's Pets and Guards will have to be kept separately in this server side only version.

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, MandyCMoore said:

Will this be updated for A20? We love it on our server!

This mod will be updated for A20 as much as it can be. Today was all about pushing out the Snufkin Zombies mod and collecting feedback. One issue was kindly reported and appears to be patched which may be the last of anything major. This means there will be time to work through the Oak's farm collection and remaining Snufkin Weapons and Vehicle's Mods.

11 minutes ago, arramus said:

This mod will be updated for A20 as much as it can be. Today was all about pushing out the Snufkin Zombies mod and collecting feedback. One issue was kindly reported and appears to be patched which may be the last of anything major. This means there will be time to work through the Oak's farm collection and remaining Snufkin Weapons and Vehicle's Mods.

Thanks so much for the quick response & all the hard work you've been doing. We can wait, no rush. I just wanted to know if it was something we could look forward to. Thanks so much!

20 hours ago, MandyCMoore said:

Thanks so much for the quick response & all the hard work you've been doing. We can wait, no rush. I just wanted to know if it was something we could look forward to. Thanks so much!

The Pets have seen a few changes as A20 introduced a different way to add some of the animal models. They are looking good again and do not appear to be causing issues.

20211208095533_1.thumb.jpg.5fcacad60b65a290d8c020070d869af6.jpg

The guard animals are also looking comfortable for A20.

20211208095047_1.thumb.jpg.81b9e90b7f0cee08db27798133f73c59.jpg

The chicken coop and rabbit trap were functioning as should be with a little update for loot containers for A20.

There are 2 issues that do not appear to be fixable. One is with the vehicle. It is scaled down to 40% of its original size and this was fine in A19. In A20, when a player gets in the vehicle and exit, they also scale down 40%. And each time they exit the same vehicle they scale down again by 40%. The end result is matchstick people who cannot walk. This is a new vehicle setting and would probably require bringing the model out of the game to change its settings and then bring it back in. As this would no longer be server side, the Farm Friend Tractor will not be returning for A20.

Standing next to a regular 4x4 after exiting the scaled down version. ^^

20211208163017_1.thumb.jpg.02e03b3a19715cc04142d77c1619984a.jpg

And the human guards no longer accept their model overlay. There so not appear to be any replacements any more and it will require some more intensive coding to rectify. It is doubtful they will return for A20 but will potentially return for A21 with the bandit setup.

While they can appear, the have little function and do not carry weapons.

20211208095231_1.thumb.jpg.dd22ad1f92fef75ac5f7462387c3231c.jpg

We'll see over the next couple of days how the original developer wants to release an A20 updated version. It's looking like Pet Animals, Animal Guards, and Coop/Trap for the time being.

Oaks Pet Animals and Guards has been updated to A20.

The Human Guards and Farm Friend Jeep are no longer supported because they do not function appropriately at present.

However, the Pet Animals and Animals Guards, along with raising chicken and catching rabbits remains.
Pet Animals can still be found in airdrops. Pet Animals and Animal Guards can still be purchased from Traders.

Download here: https://github.com/arramus/Oaks-Pet-Animals-and-Guards-A20-2021Dec09

Oaks Pets - A20 Updates

1. cntMedicalPileSmall to cntMedicLootPileA (Chicken and Rabbit).
2. Bear references in entityclasses.xml from Mesh to Prefab property.
3. Boar references in entityclasses.xml from Mesh to Prefab property.
4. Chicken references in entityclasses.xml from Mesh to Prefab property.
5. Loot.xml required additional name="" property for referencing.
6. Vehicle loot ID from number to name vehicle4x4Truck
7. Vehicle mod slots increased from 4 to 5.
8. Vehicle item tags to reflect update to mods/cosmetics.

Future Considerations

1.The Human Guards are no longer functional. They are removed from Oaks Pets and Guards Mod for now.

<property name="Mesh" value="Player/Male/player_maleRagdoll"/> is no longer recognised and loaded.
Attempted to use <property name="Prefab" value="/Entities/Player/Male/malePrefab"/>. No warning but no weapon.

2. The Farm Friend vehicle is no longer viable in its scaled down form.

Being scaled down brought two issues. First, when a player enters a scaled down vehicle, they also scale down by the same amount and it is permanent.
The mod will need to be renamed as Oaks Ant Farm if it remains as the player further scales down on each successive visit to the vehicle.
Furthermore, the scaled down vehicle is not proportional as it appears the vehicle is in separate parts and it does not scale down as a single combined unit.

20211210001337_1.thumb.jpg.fecfb336b87b080ecc803775e5ce9672.jpg

• arramus changed the title to (A20) Oak's Pet Animals and Guards
On 12/8/2021 at 12:59 AM, MandyCMoore said:

I just wanted to know if it was something we could look forward to.

A tentative A20 release is available and is in the above post or on the first post.

Unfortunately, the Human Guards are no longer in the mod because an update to A20 stopped them being functional.

It is possible this will change in the future and we shall be monitoring updates and other opportunities available.

The Farm Jeep is also no longer viable as a lot of changes came to A20 vehicles. It shrinks players and the vehicle wasn't scaling very well as it appears to be in two separate model pieces for the chassis and undercarriage. Again, a possibility for the future.

Pets, Guard Animals, Chicken Coops, and Rabbit Traps are still fully functional. As is purchasing from traders or finding pets in Air Drops.

Not everything but those Guard Rabbits can be pretty mean. ^^

Hello Arramus.I love this mod deeply.My dream is Raising animals or feeding pets in 7 days to die.But I cannot rent a server to play this game.I usually run the game with my pc and create a native game.So I put your mod into the Mods document and then it would be work?If not do you have another way to enjoy your mod?Thank you for your share!

6 hours ago, Klay-T said:

Hello Arramus.I love this mod deeply.My dream is Raising animals or feeding pets in 7 days to die.But I cannot rent a server to play this game.I usually run the game with my pc and create a native game.So I put your mod into the Mods document and then it would be work?If not do you have another way to enjoy your mod?Thank you for your share!

Hello Klay-T. Before releasing the update, we could test it in single player mode and then finally on a server to make sure both options are possible. I can confirm that it tested just fine in single player mode in the way you describe. While we can't feed the animals directly, we can place the feed at the Chicken Coop or Rabbit Trap to 'raise' them. Over time a new chicken or rabbit will be ready to collect and place within your farm area.

I shall post a few instructions for any other players who play on their own PC rather than a server.

1. Make a folder called 'Mods' in your 'SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die folder'.

2. Place the 'Oaks_Pet_Animals_and_Guards_A20_2021Dec09' folder inside this 'Mods' folder.
(Be careful it was removed from within the 'Oaks-Pet-Animals-and-Guards-A20-2021Dec09-main' folder first though. This is just a holding folder made by Github where it is stored and is not needed. If the mod stays inside this folder it will not work)

3. Start a game or server and Oaks Pet Animals and Guards should have loaded and be accessible. You can check on your workbench to see if it is possible to make a Chicken Coop or Chicken Feed and then you will know it loaded.

oak1.jpg.42d26261636e91ee17e70cb187541e4a.jpg

8 hours ago, arramus said:

Hello Klay-T. Before releasing the update, we could test it in single player mode and then finally on a server to make sure both options are possible. I can confirm that it tested just fine in single player mode in the way you describe. While we can't feed the animals directly, we can place the feed at the Chicken Coop or Rabbit Trap to 'raise' them. Over time a new chicken or rabbit will be ready to collect and place within your farm area.

I shall post a few instructions for any other players who play on their own PC rather than a server.

1. Make a folder called 'Mods' in your 'SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die folder'.

2. Place the 'Oaks_Pet_Animals_and_Guards_A20_2021Dec09' folder inside this 'Mods' folder.
(Be careful it was removed from within the 'Oaks-Pet-Animals-and-Guards-A20-2021Dec09-main' folder first though. This is just a holding folder made by Github where it is stored and is not needed. If the mod stays inside this folder it will not work)

3. Start a game or server and Oaks Pet Animals and Guards should have loaded and be accessible. You can check on your workbench to see if it is possible to make a Chicken Coop or Chicken Feed and then you will know it loaded.

oak1.jpg.42d26261636e91ee17e70cb187541e4a.jpg

Hi,Arramus.I have run your mod sucessfully after following your instructions.But there are some warning took place when I put the chicken nest or rabbit trapped on the ground.The warning is "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".Excuse me,how can I figure it out? 

2 hours ago, Klay-T said:

Hi,Arramus.I have run your mod sucessfully after following your instructions.But there are some warning took place when I put the chicken nest or rabbit trapped on the ground.The warning is "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".Excuse me,how can I figure it out? 

Thank you for sharing about that. I didn't experience that yet in testing and will spend some more time in the mod until I get a similar message. I shall go through the whole process of making, placing, picking up, and moving to see if I can replicate your issue.

First I made my Coops and Traps.

20211210213807_1.thumb.jpg.5b74f8453fafd170b2e2405b1b00c3ce.jpg

Then I placed them in a group for some and various spaces for others.

20211210214742_1.thumb.jpg.c200e7fa3a6c79e5be053913736fc75c.jpg

And gave them food.

20211210215210_1.thumb.jpg.3131b28af9719a1a163d490fd9581081.jpg

I didn't have any of those warnings yet.

I then added far too many more just to stress test.

20211210215625_1.thumb.jpg.9816518d602207edc9aa35280849b61a.jpg

20211210215705_1.thumb.jpg.c4604862f6c96d7d7bc50cd5f795392f.jpg

I still didn't receive any warnings yet.

I then placed some Animal Guards to increase stress on the game and added some more Coops and Traps.

20211210221409_1.thumb.jpg.9963d191c93b174cb8e81bc4bd122c71.jpg

It's waiting time now for the Coop chickens to hatch and for rabbits to visit the Traps.

20211210221525_1.thumb.jpg.26a6e444dacce2e55f9bd5679aa0e7ca.jpg

After the Trap was ready it moved to the collect stage and sunk halfway into the ground. I still don't have any warnings, even with this, but this also needs to be fixed. It was taken for granted it would complete the cycle properly.

20211210224651_1.thumb.jpg.c0238a9ff8150afcbed55e908447f46b.jpg

As for any warnings, I couldn't experience any yet.

Thanks so much for all of the info & the update! I know the shrinking player wasn't intended & is an issue, but it was actually kind of cute. Lol! Going to add this to our game now, & Once A20 is a bit more stable will add it to our dedicated server. Again, thanks so very much!

On 12/9/2021 at 10:36 AM, arramus said:

Oaks Pet Animals and Guards has been updated to A20.

The Human Guards and Farm Friend Jeep are no longer supported because they do not function appropriately at present.

However, the Pet Animals and Animals Guards, along with raising chicken and catching rabbits remains.
Pet Animals can still be found in airdrops. Pet Animals and Animal Guards can still be purchased from Traders.

Download here: https://github.com/arramus/Oaks-Pet-Animals-and-Guards-A20-2021Dec09

Oaks Pets - A20 Updates

1. cntMedicalPileSmall to cntMedicLootPileA (Chicken and Rabbit).
2. Bear references in entityclasses.xml from Mesh to Prefab property.
3. Boar references in entityclasses.xml from Mesh to Prefab property.
4. Chicken references in entityclasses.xml from Mesh to Prefab property.
5. Loot.xml required additional name="" property for referencing.
6. Vehicle loot ID from number to name vehicle4x4Truck
7. Vehicle mod slots increased from 4 to 5.
8. Vehicle item tags to reflect update to mods/cosmetics.

Future Considerations

1.The Human Guards are no longer functional. They are removed from Oaks Pets and Guards Mod for now.

<property name="Mesh" value="Player/Male/player_maleRagdoll"/> is no longer recognised and loaded.
Attempted to use <property name="Prefab" value="/Entities/Player/Male/malePrefab"/>. No warning but no weapon.

2. The Farm Friend vehicle is no longer viable in its scaled down form.

Being scaled down brought two issues. First, when a player enters a scaled down vehicle, they also scale down by the same amount and it is permanent.
The mod will need to be renamed as Oaks Ant Farm if it remains as the player further scales down on each successive visit to the vehicle.
Furthermore, the scaled down vehicle is not proportional as it appears the vehicle is in separate parts and it does not scale down as a single combined unit.

20211210001337_1.thumb.jpg.fecfb336b87b080ecc803775e5ce9672.jpg