Blood Falls Cave

stample

"Blood Falls", an underground lake and waterfall.  Tourist attraction for many kilometers in every direction the interstates run.

This is a large-ish prefab, primarily underground, inspired by the many caves in my part of the country, and one particular underground waterfall.  Complete with garishly colored lights that curators seem to think "enhance" the natural beauty of cave formations.

My first prefab attempt, trying to teach myself proper prefabbing.  Many thanks to Genosis (sp?) at NotAGamer Gaming, for his video tutorial series. 

I'm calling it T4, but might only be a T3 by number of zombies.  Good for Clear, Fetch, and Fetch/Clear quests.  Best viewed with shadows on, and/or at night.  Kinda loses the magic without proper darkness.  My computer is pretty potato, so my screenshots will look like rubbish.

In an attempt to cater to multiple playstyles, I've tried to put in pros and cons for both Stealth and Run N Gun.  Proper, careful stealth may net you some extra loot, while fast and loud will help you avoid certain traps.

Known Bugs: 

• There is some wonkiness with the first Spawn Volume.  Doesn't always show up, so far only in Clear quests.  I have no idea why.  I've tried moving the quest starter further back but that didn't fix it.  If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.
  • The crawler's trap doesn't really... work well.  Kinda works?  If anyone knows ways to get them to do what they are supposed to, I'd love to hear from you.  I'll avoid saying more so I don't spoil it.  You'll know when you see it.
  • Trying to make zombies spawn in shallow water results in uneven water surface.  Not sure how to avoid that.  Maybe they need to float on top and fall in?  But I don't have a good way to block LOS in some of the places, so you'd see it happen.  For now I'm leaving it with uneven water.

Designed in/for A19.x

Prefab: https://github.com/stamplesmods/7d2dmodlets/blob/master/prefabs/blood_falls_cave.rar

NitroGen prefab entry: 

blood_falls_cave,USED,3,-34,63,42,63,alone;farm

A19.2_2020-12-13_16-52-23.thumb.jpg.df2951f29c9a29014e7c0ca0ccd99ed5.jpg

A19.2_2020-12-13_16-59-29.thumb.jpg.b5bb6320d9611622fc1bf8fe2391290e.jpgA19.2_2020-12-13_17-01-07.thumb.jpg.d46a3c2923247554b90fcac0ccf10053.jpgA19.2_2020-12-13_16-57-37.thumb.jpg.ca9032cdfe0edb8f57037c49bfb1d086.jpg

A19.2_2020-12-13_17-06-29.thumb.jpg.73226e5f8190d5ea0738fec09f5287dc.jpgA19.2_2020-12-13_17-04-32.thumb.jpg.5b3662ac013170783c9e03a07f8f98ec.jpg

• 1 month later...

This was hard as Hell for me to put in the game, but I realized the Y-Axis offset was the key to putting it at ground level. Dunno if there was an easier way (not experienced in the World Editor), but I Shift + G till I saw the axis points and dragged it down 33 times. Unfortunately the offset was actually -34, but I was like "eff it, don't care that it's one block above ground level".

This really is a fantastic mod and I plan to go underground later tonight, thank you so much for sharing this to the community!

1 hour ago, The Frankman said:

This was hard as Hell for me to put in the game, but I realized the Y-Axis offset was the key to putting it at ground level. Dunno if there was an easier way (not experienced in the World Editor), but I Shift + G till I saw the axis points and dragged it down 33 times. Unfortunately the offset was actually -34, but I was like "eff it, don't care that it's one block above ground level".

This really is a fantastic mod and I plan to go underground later tonight, thank you so much for sharing this to the community!

Glad you like it! 

I don't use the World Editor, because I've had a rough time using it also.  I just added it to my NitroGen prefab list.  I'm sure the World Editor is useful if one takes the time to learn it, but since I exclusively use NitroGen these days, I haven't been bothered to do so.

Archived