Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

5 hours ago, DaChibii said:

Why do we even need farm blocks/farm land? I mean we already plant tree saplings where ever. If it's balancing then that's more in the design of the system then the coding of the mechanic. Although I guess we wouldn't have the renewable plants anymore, but I guess that would just be replaced by planting new plants like we do with trees. Is replanting that big of an annoyance that the devs need to restrict growing plants to specific block?

We wouldn't need them if planting a seed on the ground would automatically remove as much resources as a farm plot, to keep the current balance. (Disclamier: There may be more internal reasons for the farm plot design)

Doing the two steps of hoe and plant would be difficult to implement because you can't tell apart hoed and unhoed blocks. There would have to be a sort of plant-less plant block.

meganoth

meganoth

5 hours ago, DaChibii said:

Why do we even need farm blocks/farm land? I mean we already plant tree saplings where ever. If it's balancing then that's more in the design of the system then the coding of the mechanic. Although I guess we wouldn't have the renewable plants anymore, but I guess that would just be replaced by planting new plants like we do with trees. Is replanting that big of an annoyance that the devs need to restrict growing plants to specific block?

We wouldn't need them if planting a seed on the ground would automatically remove as much resources as a farm plot, to keep the current balance. (Disclamier: There may be more internal reasons for the farm plot design)

What definitely isn't possible is doing the two steps of hoe and plant because you can't tell apart hoed and unhoed blocks.