WiFi Issues (adapter ?)

PircBarb

I'm not sure where to post this question but this just started the other day. I'm running Alpha 19 and have been with no issues. The other day when I exited 7dtd, on close it shut my wifi off.  The only way to restart it was to reboot.  This doesn't happen with any other application or game that I've found. I can use all other programs, browsers, apps etc withour any issues. It did it again yesterday. So if anyone has any ideas or help on why the game shuts off my wifi (I'm guessing it's the adapter?) I'd appreciate the help. The game is up to date as is all my updates on my pc. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas how to fix? I apologize in advance if I posted this in the wrong area. Barbara

It's not an external USB adapter. I don't see any wifi errors or warnings in event viewer. There is a steam client service listed under warning. Some scattered steam notice warnings - different files - these are start in Oct through Dec. But this problem with the wifi just started and has happened the last 2 times I played. Those warning could be sometimes I get a pop up within steam about map or location but that's happened since the beginning of my playing 7dtd for several years now. I just don't see anything about wifi. Clearly something weird happened. I went and read some help suggestions and I have gone into my virus protection and created an exclusion. I'll try this tomorrow and see if it happens again. - If you have any other suggestions, I'm open to try. Thanks, Barbara

ok well the updates finished and between that and the other hint - it fixed it. Thank you so much. I went in through steam and not launcher this time. I will try launcher another time since this worked and I'm ok going in through steam. Thanks again for all your help. Barbara 

Archived