[BUG x2] Blood moon restarts if you exit the game during horde hours

Sal

I'm sure this has already been reported but just in case it hasn't it.  I searched for it but came up empty. 

Summary: Blood moon starts over if you exit the game during horde hours

Game Version: A19 b5

Platform: PC

OS/Version: Windows 20H2 (19042)

CPU Model: Intel Core-I7 2700k

System Memory: 16GB

GPU Model and VRAM: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1600

Screen Resolution: 1080

Video Settings: See logs below

Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes/No)

Did you start a new game? (Yes/No)

Did you validate your files? (Yes/No)

Are you using any mods? (Yes/No)

EAC on or off?

Bug Description: See summary

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

1) Install the game 

2) Start the game

3) Wait for a horde night, kill all Zs, exit the game (during BM hours) and reload the game.

Actual result: (description of what is occurring) 

This would be a redundant answer

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

See above.

https://pastebin.com/KAgT6Dj9

https://pastebin.com/B150FKpq

As the title says, if you exit the game during BM hours the horde night will restart when you load the game....and man, this is frustrating as hell!  Please fix this? 

Why is this still a issue in Alpha 19.3? 

Look, I'm not one to usually complain about anything and I'd consider myself a patient person who can overlook most flaws and whatnot but this is ridiculous.  Hell, this is the same issue with trader quests and I've learned to just to deal with that.  But this is not just a small balance issue, or small graphic issue, etc....this is a major issue surrounding the games biggest selling point.....horde night.  Are these testers even really "testing" the game at this point? Because I have a hard time believing that none of them had spotted issue pretty early.  Or, are they testing them and their issues are going ignored? 

I get it that the game is still in Alpha but major issues like these should not still be happening at this stage of development. 

In fact, if I'm not mistaken this issue happened in 18 as well (can't remember but I'm pretty sure).  I was hoping it would be fixed when 19.0 went stable, but nope.  19.1? Nope.  19.2? Nope.  19.3.....I mean.....cmon guys.  I don't need "dynamic music" before major issues are fixed. 

I had nice perma death run going that came to an end because of this BS.  I survived the BM but was strapped for time so I had to quit right after I killed all of them but I had forgot about it until I loaded the game up again.

1 minute ago, SylenThunder said:

Not a bug. This is an intended machanic.

If this is true then that is one of the dumbest game mechanics I have seen in recent times. 

There are reasons against and for doing it this way. The easy alternative that horde night is over immediately would be just as bad. The way it is now also changes almost nothing for any horde night after about the third or fourth because by then the horde night is going all night long anyway

The optimum would be if the game could remember exactly where it left off, but that feature would cost precious developer time and changes to the savegame and the priorities of TFP seem to be elsewhere (bandits, better RWG, ...).

Idea for the devs: If you just used the elapsed time as an estimate how much zombies have been killed minimally you wouldn't need to change the savegame at all and still have early horde nights end as expected even after a reload.

On 12/6/2020 at 9:04 AM, meganoth said:

There are reasons against and for doing it this way. The easy alternative that horde night is over immediately would be just as bad. The way it is now also changes almost nothing for any horde night after about the third or fourth because by then the horde night is going all night long anyway

The optimum would be if the game could remember exactly where it left off, but that feature would cost precious developer time and changes to the savegame and the priorities of TFP seem to be elsewhere (bandits, better RWG, ...).

Idea for the devs: If you just used the elapsed time as an estimate how much zombies have been killed minimally you wouldn't need to change the savegame at all and still have early horde nights end as expected even after a reload.

This is what I would like see happen. The game remembering where you left off. Which would not limit any other aspect, regardless of a person's play style or settings. But as it stands now, if someone is playing on 90 minute days then the hordes are over well before the default 4am time.

This is what happened to me during my play through when everything got messed up. I was playing 90 minute days, horde every 3 days, and I was on day 25ish I believe and the horde had ended at around 2ish that night. That's 8 horde nights into my run that ended well before 4am. I was rushed and so I couldn't wait 2 more in-game hours to be able to close the game. And I shouldn't have too. 

We shouldn't have to deal with issues like these, imo. 

Archived