The new sidebar is awful

TSBX

EWWWWW now i have it. thanks alot @SylenThunder you @%$#

Ok, lets try this. It seems it is a new "feature" and there isn't a way to disable it. It was set for topics with 3 pages and i changed it to show under the first post. Not as noticable and is out of the way until I can find a way to remove it.

Ok removed it

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Brains said:

EWWWWW now i have it. thanks alot @SylenThunder you @%$#

Ok, lets try this. It seems it is a new "feature" and there isn't a way to disable it. It was set for topics with 3 pages and i changed it to show under the first post. Not as noticable and is out of the way until I can find a way to remove it.

Ok removed it

Yay, thanks!

Edited by Kalen (see edit history)

On 12/7/2020 at 9:11 PM, Fox said:

Just a quick update on adblocks since it's been discussed a lot here:

Been running uBlock for 4 days now and 13 tracking cookies were found on my computer (which never happens). Given my experience so far, uBlock is clearly not better than AdBlock, it just does a few things differently. Some features are better and some are worse. Maybe having both enabled means that one will catch what the other misses and vice versa. I'm used to using 2 adblocks at the same time anyways, so I'm ok with using both once again.

What's funny is that NOW I am getting a message when I first navigate to some sites that says "Yeah, we get it, you are using adblocker but are you sure you want to block the ads from OUR site since we really need them for revenue? Click yes or no". So....thanks to adblocker I now see an ad to see ads blocked by adblocker...lol

6 minutes ago, Roland said:

What's funny is that NOW I am getting a message when I first navigate to some sites that says "Yeah, we get it, you are using adblocker but are you sure you want to block the ads from OUR site since we really need them for revenue? Click yes or no". So....thanks to adblocker I now see an ad to see ads blocked by adblocker...lol

There shouldn't be any ads on the site.

16 hours ago, Brains said:

I'll look into this. I actually don't see the side bar so maybe it is a setting?

It's in the image you linked..... on the right side. All the "top posters in this topic" nonsense. It narrows the page down to a tiny column and is just generally annoying.

• Roland locked this topic