Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Fox

Fox

4 hours ago, Maharin said:

I'd highly recommend AdNauseam over AdBlock.  And that's probably why I'm not seeing it at all.

According to this:  https://ppcprotect.com/adnauseam-extension-click-fraud/

AdNauseam is built on top of the uBlock Origin plugin, and adds a click "attack" to all ads in order to fight back against them (costing advertisers millions, which is great because they deserve to be punished for all that spam). Problem is (and plz correct me if I'm wrong), I think it piles up in your computer with thousands or more of tracking cookies to confuse the ad track sense. I'm personally not a fan of having unnecessary files in my computer no matter how small or harmless they might be. Besides, I use Super Antispyware to delete those tracking cookies all the time... I'd rather not have the 2 fight it out all the time. uBlock Origin on the other hand... that one so far seems to work better than adblock and adblock plus combined. I no longer see that skip ad button with a blank video screen in Youtube videos anymore, it just goes straight to the video once again like it was supposed to and used to before it changed recently. I'll keep using uBlock with adblock disabled for a while and decide later which one I'll keep long term.

EDIT: Removing this sidebar thing again was a bit confusing this time, but at least it worked in the end. Just a new technique to get used to.

2 hours ago, Xtrakicking said:

Adblock is basically the God I worship. What would you say AdNauseam does better than adblock?

See above.

Fox

Fox

3 hours ago, Maharin said:

I'd highly recommend AdNauseam over AdBlock.  And that's probably why I'm not seeing it at all.

AdNauseam is built on top of the uBlock Origin plugin, and adds a click "attack" to all ads in order to fight back against them (costing advertisers millions, which is great because they deserve to be punished for all that spam). Problem is (and plz correct me if I'm wrong), I think it piles up in your computer with thousands or more of tracking cookies to confuse the ad track sense. I'm personally not a fan of having unnecessary files in my computer no matter how small or harmless they might be. Besides, I use Super Antispyware to delete those tracking cookies all the time... I'd rather not have the 2 fight it out all the time. uBlock Origin on the other hand... that one so far seems to work better than adblock and adblock plus combined. I no longer see that skip ad button with a blank video screen in Youtube videos anymore, it just goes straight to the video once again like it was supposed to and used to before it changed recently. I'll keep using it with adblock disabled for a while and decide later which one I'll keep long term.

EDIT: Removing this sidebar thing again was a bit confusing this time, but at least it worked in the end. Just a new technique to get used to.

1 hour ago, Xtrakicking said:

Adblock is basically the God I worship. What would you say AdNauseam does better than adblock?

See above.

Fox

Fox

AdNauseam is built on top of the uBlock Origin plugin, and adds a click "attack" to all ads in order to fight back against them (costing advertisers millions, which is great because they deserve to be punished for all that spam). Problem is (and plz correct me if I'm wrong), I think it piles up in your computer with thousands or more of tracking cookies to confuse the ad track sense. I'm personally not a fan of having unnecessary files in my computer no matter how small or harmless they might be. Besides, I use Super Antispyware to delete those tracking cookies all the time... I'd rather not have the 2 fight it out all the time. uBlock Origin on the other hand... that one so far seems to work better than adblock and adblock plus combined. I no longer see that skip ad button with a blank video screen in Youtube videos anymore, it just goes straight to the video once again like it was supposed to and used to before it changed recently. I'll keep using it with adblock disabled for a while and decide later which one I'll keep long term.

EDIT: Removing this sidebar thing was a bit confusing, but at least it worked in the end. Just something to get used to.

See above.

Fox

Fox

AdNauseam is built on top of the uBlock Origin plugin, and adds a click "attack" to all ads in order to fight back against them (costing advertisers millions, which is great because they deserve to be punished for all that spam). Problem is, I think it piles up in your computer with thousands or more of tracking cookies to confuse the ad track sense. I'm personally not a fan of having unnecessary files in my computer no matter how small or harmless they might be. Besides, I use Super Antispyware to delete those tracking cookies all the time... I'd rather not have the 2 fight it out all the time. uBlock Origin on the other hand... that one so far seems to work better than adblock and adblock plus combined. I no longer see that skip ad button with a blank video screen in Youtube videos anymore, it just goes straight to the video once again like it was supposed to and used to before it changed recently. I'll keep using it with adblock disabled for a while and decide later which one I'll keep long term.

EDIT: Removing this sidebar thing was a bit confusing, but at least it worked in the end. Just something to get used to.

See above.

Fox

Fox

AdNauseam is built on top of the uBlock Origin plugin, and adds a click "attack" to all ads in order to fight back against them. Problem is, it piles up in your computer with thousands or more of tracking cookies to confuse the ad track sense. I'm personally not a fan of having unnecessary files in my computer no matter how small or harmless they might be. Besides, I use Super Antispyware to delete those tracking cookies all the time... I'd rather not have the 2 fight it out all the time. uBlock Origin on the other hand... that one so far seems to work better than adblock and adblock plus combined. I no longer see that skip ad button with a blank video screen in Youtube videos anymore, it just goes straight to the video once again like it was supposed to and used to before it changed recently. I'll keep using it with adblock disabled for a while and decide later which one I'll keep long term.

See above.

Fox

Fox

2 hours ago, Maharin said:

AdNauseam is built on top of the uBlock Origin plugin, and adds a click "attack" to all ads in order to fight back against them. Problem is, it piles up in your computer with thousands or more of tracking cookies to confuse the ad track sense. I'm personally not a fan of having unnecessary files in my computer no matter how small or harmless they might be. Besides, I use Super Antispyware to delete those tracking cookies all the time... I'd rather not have the 2 fight it out all the time. uBlock Origin on the other hand... that one so far seems to work better than adblock and adblock plus combined. I no longer see that skip ad button with a blank video screen in Youtube videos anymore, it just goes straight to the video once again like it was supposed to and used to before it changed recently. I'll keep using it with adblock disabled for a while and decide later which one I'll keep long term.

See above.

Fox

Fox

AdNauseam is built on top of the uBlock Origin plugin, and adds a click "attack" to all ads in order to fight back against them. Problem is, it piles up in your computer with thousands or more of tracking cookies to confuse the ad track sense. I'm personally not a fan of that. uBlock Origin on the other hand... that one so far seems to work better than adblock and adblock plus combined. I no longer see that skip ad button with a blank video screen in Youtube videos anymore, it just goes straight to the video once again like it was supposed to and used to before it changed recently. I'll keep using it with adblock disabled for a while and decide later which one I'll keep long term.

See above.

Fox

Fox

AdNauseam is built on top of the uBlock Origin plugin, and adds a click "attack" to all ads in order to fight back against them. Problem is, it piles up in your computer with thousands or more of tracking cookies to confuse the ad track sense. I'm personally not a fan of that. uBlock Origin on the other hand... that one so far seems to work better than adblock and adblock plus combined. I no longer see that skip ad button with a blank video screen in Youtube videos anymore, it just goes straight to the video once again like it was supposed to and used to before it changed recently.

See above.

Fox

Fox

AdNauseam is built on top of the uBlock Origin plugin, and adds a click "attack" to all ads in order to fight back against them. Problem is, it piles up in your computer with thousands or more of tracking cookies to confuse the ad track sense. I'm personally not a fan of that. uBlock on the other hand... that I'm currently looking into to see what's so special about it vs ablock / adblock plus.

43 minutes ago, Xtrakicking said:

See above.