how do i keep from losing my turrets sinking into the ground lost forever?

thornnnn

i placed a turret on a steel block and it sank into the ground.. not instantly.. but like in quicksand.. after a few second the icon disappeared too.. so it sunk right out of the game.. a purple turret.. please patch this. .this not the first time i lost turrets to game bug.

This happened to me once when I placed a turret on the rounded surface of a water tank and it sank into the ground one block deep. So it never vanished and I got it back after removing the water tank and a block underneath.

Mmmh, I probably should make a bug report if I can duplicate this. Same goes for you, if you play vanilla and can replicate the issue (video helps too) make a bug report (in the bug report section, link is shown prominently above)

I had last game 2 turrets sink under my cement steel floor.. after a hacker came in and dug under my base to collapse it i found the turrets  about 7 blocks down.. still there.. but those turrets NEVER lost their compass indication saying where they were..    this vid i just posted now.. a second or two after the turret sunk the compass indicator for turret disapeared also.. meaning.. they weren't just under ground they were GONE.   see the video below it shows the turret placement and sinking .. notice how the compass indicator for that turret goes away a second or two after the turret sinks.  thanks for your replies and help btw.

prob is i lose turrets every game i play almost..  this happens a lot.. and it wasnt my green turrets it was my purple turret!

This looks like you have a steel block beside a concrete plate that is one block above the steel block. So this isn't a flat surface and you put the turret directly on this step. Maybe this makes the bug occur. I'll try this with a test game at home and see if I get the same result

ya looks like i clipped the edge of that plate..  i do that so the boomers dont dig huge pits in my base..   double steel floors at a min.. repairs always a few steel blocks deep.  guess i will have to stop using plates.. if they make my turrets go away.  but i have lost turrets on steps..  on flat surfaces etc.. the flat one that comes to mind tho they sunk in the ground but didnt exit the game.

I have been using turrets a lot too, but except for the water tank and now your steps this never happend to me.

And yes, I could replicate the sinking turret in your scenario. If I tried to put the turret down so that he was half off and half on that concrete plate I could sink 5 of those turrets in the space of a minute. Easy to replicate. Just need to check if it happens in 19.3 too and then I can make a bug report.

Archived