Ztensity's Creature Renaming Modlet Series

ztensity

Ztensity's Creature Renaming Modlet Series

Select A19.3 Patches That Rename Zombies, Animals, Machines & More!

All my modlets are now available via the 7D2D Mod Launcher!

- New Updates Below -

Showcase_1.thumb.jpg.b30d06bbe6b4e46249a84f75c3ab4301.jpg

INTRODUCTION

Into hours of playing 7 Days to Die and diving into the vast modding community between Nexus Mods, Guppy's Modding Server Discord, the official forum, the mod launcher and the official website dedicated to mods for the game, I decided to use Sirillion's entire SMX series. His modlets overhaul the UI of 7 Days to Die, which make changes to the HUD, Menu and general UI. I realized sometime later my favorite modlet of this series was his optional Target Health Bar designed for compatibility with his UI overhaul.

After playing 7 Days to Die with a full list of modlets including the SMX series, I quickly realized that some animals, zombies, machines, etc. would show up in the health bar from the Target Health Bar modlet as "animalZombieBear" and "zombieJoeRadiated," instead of "Infected Bear" or "Radiated Cadaver." I then began slowly writing my creature renaming modlet series that now currently spans six different modlet patches. With the intent to increase immersiveness when encountering different creatures in game, each modlet is now publicly available as separate downloads.

DEPENDENCIES

Before deciding to install any of my modlets, you must first have to have a Health Bar modlet to see the name changes. Fortunately, whether you use the launcher or Nexus Mods, you do have a couple of options. See below:

Nexus Mods - Sirillion's SMX Series Target Health Bar

7 Days to Die Forum - Khaine's HP Bars

Nexus Mods - KonradSB's Hit Bar Health Bar

It's worthy to note that if you are using the Mod Launcher, you can install all of Sirillion's SMX series of modlets there. That said, once you have installed one of the health bar modlets, you can then download my "vanilla" modlet and the others if you have their appropriate modlet they are patching in your "mods" folder.

CREATURE RENAMING MODLET SERIES

Vanilla Creature Renaming v1.2.1 - DOWNLOAD HERE

This modlet can be installed right away in 19.3. Surprisingly, a variety of animals, select turrets and zombies needed renaming. I'm sure this is because the developers were never intending for us to see there names in the way the health bar allow. However, I recognized it was necessary as my first modlet an even renamed some vanilla creatures for a new experience. I believe this is the most important modlet for each player using a health bar mod, as it will improve immersiveness when viewing vanilla creatures. If you're adding creatures from additional mods, keep looking for my other modlets below!

Showcase_2.thumb.jpg.0855e87ecb41edf8bbd5f4d980cd9001.jpg

Creature Pack Zombie Renaming v1.3.4 - DOWNLOAD HERE

This modlet is what I'm calling a "patch" to Xyth's 0-CreaturePackZombies found on the launcher, on the forum here and the official 7 Days to Die mods page here. Similar to the Vanilla Creature Renaming modlet, this mod will rename every zombie that this pack adds to the game in 19.3.

Showcase_3.thumb.jpg.6829d8be1b1209df979ce17b2cf8dbca.jpg

Creature Pack Human Renaming v1.2.4 - DOWNLOAD HERE

This modlet is another patch to Xyth's 0-CreaturePackHumans found on the launcher, on the forum here and the official 7 Days to Die mods page here. Unlike the Vanilla Creature Renaming modlet, this mod will rename every human that this pack adds to the game in 19.3.

Showcase_4.thumb.jpg.489772051d17d823e863a08ee30bd4ff.jpg

Creature Pack Animal Renaming v1.3.1 - DOWNLOAD HERE

This modlet is another patch to Xyth's 0-CreaturePackAnimals found on the launcher, on the forum here and the official 7 Days to Die mods page here. This is also like the Vanilla Creature Renaming modlet, however, this modlet will rename every animal and select associated effects related to certain animals that this pack adds to the game in 19.3.

Showcase_5.thumb.jpg.77416e85f5f802509fdae636e71c7350.jpg

Shotgun Messiah Mechs v1.3.2 - DOWNLOAD HERE

This modlet is another patch to Xyth's 0-CreaturePackMechs found on the launcher, on the forum here and the official 7 Days to Die mods page here. Far different from the Vanilla Creature Renaming modlet and his other Creature Pack's, this modlet renames the mech creatures that this pack adds to the game in 19.3.

In version 1.3.0 Creature Pack Mech Names has been renamed to Shotgun Messiah Mechs as lore has been established for the six mechs, HP has been increased for two to make for bosses and plans for future updates that could incorporate quests and/or special spawning in Shotgun Messiah factories or shop POIs are in store. Please delete your previous version of Creature Pack Mech Names, download Shotgun Messiah Mechs and place in your "mods" folder for the new effects to go into affect!

In version 1.3.2, I have hidden three items (gunMechJunkDrone, gunBotRustyDrone and GunBotBeeDrone) from the creative menu added by this mod, as they have no immersive names, no images or any appearances in-game. In other words, unless your a modder, they are of no use and should be in the developer portion of the creative menu.

I'm also laying the foundation for mech spawning with an empty entitygroups.xml and spawning.xml. Eventually I hope to make mechs spawn primarily at the Shotgun Messiah Factories, stores, shops etc.

A standalone forums post will be in the works for Shotgun Messiah Mechs, but for now check out the official post on Nexus!

276151287_Showcase6.thumb.jpg.ca0216cc5d0b1516ebef5c97ac1fb506.jpg

Mumpfy's Zombie Pack Renaming v1.2.0 - DOWNLOAD HERE

This modlet is a patch to Mumpfy's New Zombie Textures found on the forum here or via the official 7 Days to Die mods page here. What separates this modlet from the others is that it's not apart of the Creature Pack Series and instead, it gives proper names to new zombie variants that have been added by this particular mod to the game in 19.3.

Showcase_7.thumb.jpg.c7263730c2e95f4b7bcfd77093537114.jpg

NOTES

NPC Packs Information

I do plan to eventually work on renaming modlets for Xyth's 1-NPCPackAnimals, 1-NPCPackHumans and 1-NPCPackMechs. However, due to complications currently with sphereii's NPC Dialog Windows and 0-SpherellCore, I put my experimental modlets on the backburner. Mod author sphereii has stated that a planned update for both winterween and 0-SpherellCore is in the works to hopefully be pushed by the 19.3 build. For now, I will wait for that update to be released before tackling renaming NPCs of any kind.

Future Updates

These are my first modlets and I decided after a lot of time tweaking names, testing, etc. it was time to go public. That said, I focused only on the mods I was using by Xyth and Mumpfy. I may occasionally release updates to names of any of these creatures, thereby archiving the old files and providing the both the new file and the older files as downloadable links, in what will likely be different places of the post. At that time, it'll be up to players discretion if they will take the update or not, although I would strongly encourage that you do, as I am all for increasing immersiveness.

Renaming "Patches" Eventual Expansion

My plan will be to eventually begin creating new modlets to patch names for creatures from other mod authors, to further increase immersiveness for players. If you have a mod you use a lot that hasn't been touched, feel free to suggest it and I will consider it for my next renaming mod!

UPDATES, UPDATES, UPDATES!

Vanilla Creature Renaming modlet has been updated to version 1.2.1 with an updates log, tweaks to the Read Me and an update to the Localization that removes an animal renaming line that belongs only in Xyth's pack, not in Vanilla.

After working for weeks on patches for Dwallorde's War of the Walkers,  I have released version 1.2.4 of Creature Pack Human Renaming. Now, in addition to renaming tweaks to the survivor class of humans, I have removed select items from the creative menu that were added by the mod for a more immersive experience. Don't worry, you can still find these items in the dev mode of creative menu, but the standard view has been de-cluttered!

Creature Pack Mech Renaming had recently been updated to version 1.2.0, which received an official updates log and tweaks to the Read Me. However, now in version 1.3.0 Creature Pack Mech Names has been renamed to Shotgun Messiah Mechs as lore has been established for the six mechs, HP has been increased for two to make for bosses and plans for future updates that could incorporate quests and/or special spawning in Shotgun Messiah factories or shop POIs are in store. Please delete your previous version of Creature Pack Mech Names, download Shotgun Messiah Mechs and place in your "mods" folder for the new effects to go into affect! A standalone forums post will be in the works for Shotgun Messiah Mechs, but for now check out the official post on Nexus!

Creature Pack Animal Renaming was recently updated to version 1.3.1 with an updates log and important tweaks to the Read Me.

Creature Pack Zombie Renaming has been updated to version 1.3.4. Now, in addition to the localization removal of zombie "Kenneth The Clown" and the addition of multiple new names for zombies, I have removed three schematics from the creative menu that were added by the mod. Just like Creature Pack Human Renaming, don't worry, you can still find these items in the dev mode of creative menu if you happen to need them for testing, but the standard view has been de-cluttered!

Mumpfy's Zombie Pack Renaming has been updated to version 1.2.0, which has received an updates log and an official Read Me.

All my modlets from Creature Renaming series to Unnecessarily Beautiful But Immersive (UBBI) and my compatibility version of UBBI with Gnamod are now all available via the official 7D2D Mod Launcher!

UBBI, SHOUT OUTS & CREDITS

UNNECESSARILY BEAUTIFUL BUT IMMERSIVE

With original mod author, Hernan's permission, I present my first major mod, Unnecessarily Beautiful But Immersive, the Unnecessary But Beautiful 19.3 Rebuild. You can now craft recipes with ease, use a wire tool to turn on lights, TVs, PCs, a fireplace and a sound bar, attain the right perks to craft the lights, unlock lights early with a schematic, use beds as bedrolls, disassemble select crafted items with the wrench line of tools and more! Check it out here!

Shout Outs

If it wasn't for discussion, guidance and help getting started from other mod authors in Guppy's Discord like wrathmaniac, TSBXXyth, Mumpfy, sphereii, Sirillion, saminalKhaine, chiko and Guppy himself, none of this would have been possible.

Credits

None of Xyth's Creature Packs would be possible either if it wasn't for the hard work and communication of this powerful modding community. Primarily, I want to give an extra thank you to not only Xyth, but also DarkStarDragon, Guppycur and TSBX for work on the zombies, Robeloto for work on Spider sounds, Mumpfy for work on re-texturing and new asset creation, and XML work by Kergan, SaltyAF and Chikorina (Chiko).

low.gif.428d25abf5b446bc9f400f4e1f8b595f.gif

Ztensity

Hey Guys,

UPDATES, UPDATES, UPDATES!

Vanilla Creature Renaming modlet has been updated to version 1.2.1 with an updates log, tweaks to the Read Me and an update to the Localization that removes an animal renaming line that belongs only in Xyth's pack, not in Vanilla.

Xyth's Creature Pack Human Renaming has been updated to version 1.2.1. Not only did it receive an updates log and tweaks to it's Read Me in the last update, but it has now received Localization tweaks for all survivor humans. They have been updated to reflect more unique names as they do not attack players on sight. This is to slightly differentiate these characters from the rest. I have tweaked 12 unique human names.

Xyth's Creature Pack Mech Renaming had recently been updated to version 1.2.0, which received an official updates log and tweaks to the Read Me. However, now in version 1.3.0 Creature Pack Mech Names has been renamed to Shotgun Messiah Mechs as lore has been established for the six mechs, HP has been increased for two to make for bosses and plans for future updates that could incorporate quests and/or special spawning in Shotgun Messiah factories or shop POIs are in store. Please delete your previous version of Creature Pack Mech Names, download Shotgun Messiah Mechs and place in your "mods" folder for the new effects to go into affect! A standalone forums post will be in the works for Shotgun Messiah Mechs, but for now check out the official post on Nexus!

Xyth's Creature Pack Animal Renaming and Creature Pack Zombie Renaming were previously updated to version 1.3.1 with an updates log, tweaks to the Read Me, a localization removal of zombie "Kenneth The Clown" due hidden spawning per mod author Xyth and an assortment of localization tweaks plus additions with assistance and suggestions by mod author wrathmaniac. However, now Creature Pack Zombie Renaming has been updated to 1.3.2, tweaking 10 more names of Xyth's zombies to increase immersion further!

Mumpfy's Zombie Pack Renaming has been updated to version 1.2.0, which has received an updates log and an official Read Me.

All my modlets from Creature Renaming series to Unnecessarily Beautiful But Immersive (UBBI) and my compatibility version of UBBI with Gnamod are now all available via the official 7D2D Mod Launcher!

Cheers!

WASTELAND CREATURE RENAMING

Wasteland Creature Renaming is the latest modlet in my renaming series to offer names for a variety of creatures from humans, zombies and animals to mechs and turrets. Starting with Vanilla Creature Renaming, I then renamed creatures from other mods like Xyth's Creature Pack's and Mumpfy's Zombie Pack.

Now, as promised, I'm back with another patch that renames creatures. This time however, I have renamed every zombie, human soldier and human raider added by Bdubyah's The Wasteland. As my first iteration of the series, updates to the names are likely to occur, especially if suggested.

After releasing Vanilla Creature Renaming, Creature Pack Animal Renaming, Creature Pack Zombie Renaming, Creature Pack Human Renaming and Shotgun Messiah Mechs, I have now provided names for creatures to Bdubyah's, The Wasteland, which continues closing the gap for immersion!

low.gif.a5abd8c7ee29cea3daeda4efd31cc300.gif

Forums Posthttps://community.7daystodie.com/topic/23385-ztensitys-wasteland-creature-renaming/

Nexus Mods Posthttps://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1272

Ztensity

On 1/31/2021 at 4:44 PM, ztensity said:

Now, as promised, I'm back with another patch that renames creatures. This time however, I have renamed every zombie, human soldier and human raider added by Bdubyah's The Wasteland. As my first iteration of the series, updates to the names are likely to occur, especially if suggested.

Ooo, I was just about to launch The Wasteland but will install this patch as a prerequisite for the full experience. Thank you for going deep down into the nitty gritty.

Archived