Question about traps

Geizkragen

Hi,

I have some questions about traps (all stuff a19 vanilla).

Blade traps:

- multiple damage: if i stack two (or more) blade traps to shredder Z's, all the damage is applied?

Dart Traps:

- multiple damage: I saw vids with stacked traps, so I think all the damage is applied

- darts projectile collision: darts seem to shoot through "air gaps" in blocks like arrows and guns. Do the shoot through blade traps? Do the traps shoot the darts exactly in the middle of block? Have the projectile any radius? Does the traps shoot strait / in line like guns or have is some ballistics like arrows?

electric fence:

- multiple damage: does multiple wires damage the same Z multiple or once?

- damage to multiple objects: does ONE wire damage multiple Z's same as one Z?

Blade traps:

- multiple damage: if i stack two (or more) blade traps to shredder Z's, all the damage is applied?

Yes it stacks so use it ;)

Dart Traps:

- multiple damage: I saw vids with stacked traps, so I think all the damage is applied

- darts projectile collision: darts seem to shoot through "air gaps" in blocks like arrows and guns. Do the shoot through blade traps? Do the traps shoot the darts exactly in the middle of block? Have the projectile any radius? Does the traps shoot strait / in line like guns or have is some ballistics like arrows?

Yep also stacked dmg

They can't shoot when a blade is on the middle but if it's just the blades it works :)

They shoot strait/in line

electric fence:

nope only DMG when shocked and it doesnt stack but the chance of shocking is higher with multiple electric fences

TY @Diragor.

One more clarification:

1 hour ago, Geizkragen said:

Dart Traps:

Do the traps shoot the darts exactly in the middle of block? Have the projectile any radius?

I mean, shapes like half block or wedge (hm, difficult to explain direction) could stop the darts or pass them through. I dont know.

36 minutes ago, Diragor said:

electric fence:

nope only DMG when shocked and it doesnt stack but the chance of shocking is higher with multiple electric fences

How does it work? Does the damage come from debuff, not from the wires? Wires only cause the debuff?

How is it to understand with the"chance of shockingis is higher with multiple electric fences"? I thought there is not a chance, but it is sure they will be shocked. Please explain the mechanic.

One more question to dart traps:

I have two dart traps, opposite direction. Zeds goes through between the both. If one projectile / dart dont hit the Z, flies further in the opposite dart trap: does it hurt the trap or will be "caught" by the trap?

TY

one more question:

I tried yesterday the traps. All traps activated via trip wires.

- blade trap works well

- el. fence worked, i got shoked but didnt got any damage. Why?

- dart traps makes "some noise / sound" like got activated, But they didnt shot anything.

what is going on here? do I wire them wrong or do the traps (only blades works well) do the damage only on enemies? Why does them not hurt me?

19 hours ago, Geizkragen said:

I have two dart traps, opposite direction. Zeds goes through between the both. If one projectile / dart dont hit the Z, flies further in the opposite dart trap: does it hurt the trap or will be "caught" by the trap?

nope, dart traps shooting each other didn't cause damage

21 hours ago, Geizkragen said:

I mean, shapes like half block or wedge (hm, difficult to explain direction) could stop the darts or pass them through. I dont know.

Well they shoot directly in the middle so as long as you keep that free it's possible to shoot. Here an example:

Place a wood Catwalk with one side fetch on front of the dart trap. You can clearly see there are two wood poles going up vertical with another one on top of both horizontal. There the mid of the trap is free so it can shoot through it. And now upgrade it to iron catwalk. There you only have one Iron Pole in the middle vertical and two poles horizontal. Now the middle hole is blocked and the darts can't shoot through it. Thats what it works with every block shape. As long as the middle Hole is compledly free it should be able to shoot. So placing a 45° wedge sideways in front should block it in my oppinion. Never tried but seems legit :D

21 hours ago, Geizkragen said:

How does it work? Does the damage come from debuff, not from the wires? Wires only cause the debuff?

How is it to understand with the"chance of shockingis is higher with multiple electric fences"? I thought there is not a chance, but it is sure they will be shocked. Please explain the mechanic.

The dmg comes from the debuff so they only get dmg from being shocked. When the effect stops they get no dmg. The thing is after the debuff ends they are shortly immune to another shock so the chance of being shocked again isn't changed. What I meant is that the fences gets damaged from shocking Z's and at some point they shut down to not get destroyed. When you stack them up like that:

|--o-----------o--|

|--o-----------o--|

You can see when the fence on block 1 heights is broken, the block 2 fences will do the job :) so it's not more dmg it's just double the durability. having 2 of them is like having 1 with double durability. Sorry english isn't perfect so doesn't know some words trying to describe it as good as I can ^^

4 hours ago, Geizkragen said:

one more question:

I tried yesterday the traps. All traps activated via trip wires.

- blade trap works well

- el. fence worked, i got shoked but didnt got any damage. Why?

- dart traps makes "some noise / sound" like got activated, But they didnt shot anything.

what is going on here? do I wire them wrong or do the traps (only blades works well) do the damage only on enemies? Why does them not hurt me?

el. fence main function is to slow down zombies. If they also give damage it would be minimal and possibly prevented by your armor

The ammo in the dart traps needs to be locked for the dart traps to work

Archived