Modifying time scale

slugdamage

Hi everyone, I'm new to the this forum and I trust that people in this forum can give me answers on whatever questions I have regarding modding of this game.

I'm a total newbie when it comes to modding games in general.

I've only stumbled upon it a few times on some games, but the processes involved in all cases seemed to be complicated and requiring huge amount of time.

But since my history as a computer programmer I found out that this game seems relatively fast and easy to mod, since it happens trough modifying XML files which I'm extremely familiar with.For example I've written several parsers and code generators for XML.

I've started a project for general overhaul of this game, and without specifying properties or any other contents of the mod I need to know is there anyway to modify the timescale of the game or adding new options for timescale in the settings menu for a new game?

Thank you for your answer, whatever may it be.

First an organisatorial hint, please use the "Discussion and Requests" section in this forum for questions and discussions about mods.

Secondly, timescale could mean a lot of things, what exactly do you want? If you want the player to get better slower or faster, that is possible. If you want to change the relation between real-time and in-game time that is also possible.

3 minutes ago, meganoth said:

First an organisatorial hint, please use the "Discussion and Requests" section in this forum for questions and discussions about mods.

Secondly, timescale could mean a lot of things, what exactly do you want? If you want the player to get better slower or faster, that is possible. If you want to change the relation between real-time and in-game time that is also possible.

I meant the timescale as an in-game time as how fast the time passes.

28 minutes ago, slugdamage said:

I meant the timescale as an in-game time as how fast the time passes.

That is the global option DayNightLength in serverconfig.xml (or in the clients config section) which sets the number of minutes a day lasts, default 60.

Archived