Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
stample

stample

I think a couple variants of the T5 POIs would be enough.  Certainly not every POI.

I'd also like to see some "no path" POIs that aren't a rat-in-a-maze type.  They work well for the large POIs with clears (and I get why we need it on the large ones), but there are no POIs that are not suited for clears, and only for Fetch. 

I finally went into a Red Mesa, and was dismayed to find it was the old missile silo, revamped to have a "path".  I loved that POI before, because it was large, confusing, and had several ways in and out.  Plus, the loot was spread out, including a good cache in the secret room/hallway.  It was a fantastic POI, and I feel like the 1-path version ruins the immersiveness of it.  I think it would have been a great POI that was tagged for Fetch only, and you had a choice of ways to get to wherever the supplies are.  Without zombie-radar, its easier to surprise players with the hidden walls and closets, etc.  You end up checking them and finding some of them empty, and others not, retaining the feeling of surprise and building tension.  Not to mention if you wake up the sleepers, they'll potentially be coming from multiple directions since there isn't a single path.

@Solomon I think there's nothing stopping us from making a variant or two of a T5 POI and having them added to the compo pack.  My main issue, though, is that each POI needs a unique name.  So maybe you have factory_01 and a factory_01a and a factory_01b.  Since that is what is displayed in the quest dialog, it'll be easy to tell them apart for questing purposes.  Obviously not if you're just randomly encountering them in the wild, but I think it highlights a need for TFP to implement localization for POI names.  I'd much rather see "The Crack-a-Book Distribution Center" than skyscraper_02, and it would also allow you to hide variants behind a common name.

stample

stample

I think a couple variants of the T5 POIs would be enough.  Certainly not every POI.

I'd also like to see some "no path" POIs that aren't a rat-in-a-maze type.  They work well for the large POIs with clears (and I get why we need it on the large ones), but there are no POIs that are not suited for clears, and only for Fetch. 

I finally went into a Red Mesa, and was dismayed to find it was the old missile silo, revamped to have a "path".  I loved that POI before, because it was large, confusing, and had several ways in and out.  Plus, the loot was spread out, including a good cache in the secret room/hallway.  It was a fantastic POI, and I feel like the 1-path version ruins the immersiveness of it.  I think it would have been a great POI that was tagged for Fetch only, and you had a choice of ways to get to wherever the supplies are.  Without zombie-radar, its easier to surprise players with the hidden walls and closets, etc.  You end up checking them and finding some of them empty, and others not, retaining the feeling of surprise and building tension.  Not to mention if you wake up the sleepers, they'll potentially be coming from multiple directions since there isn't a single path.