Inverntory Expansion Items

nalal

So I had an interesting idea looking at my character, I use a lot of automatic firearms in most of by builds and love the M60 for the ungodly bullet hose it is.

The idea came to me that with all the ammo I usually haul around for the thing, I'd probably be loaded down with belt after belt of 7.62 rounds if things were realistic.

I know realism is always second to actually having a fun game, but it gave me an interesting idea.

What if there were items that could be equipped to the character that would expand the inventory, but ONLY for specific items?

Here's a few examples of what I had in mind.

Bandoleer:

It's already an equipment mod that's great for sorting reload speeds on slower guns, but what if it were a specific item that could be worn, showing up as a bullet belt on the player?

The idea is it would hold ammo and only ammo, perhaps having a varying amount of slots for that ammo based on the quality tier of the bandoleer.

It could even be further divided into bandoleers for specific ammo like a 9mm belt and shotgun shell strap.

The thing could even still improve reload speed but only for weapons using it's ammo type, since bandoleers already do that in game but for all weapons.

I mostly thought of this when I was prepping for a horde night with a few friends and stared into my inventory to see 90% of it crammed full of 7.62 ammo.

Medical Pouch.

Would be a simple bag that could be worn on a hip or back slot and would hold only medical items like FA kits, bandages and non-food status effect consumables.

Could improve med use speed or even effectiveness, this might even lead to players having a dedicated medic in their party that can use FA kits on them for better healing.

Grenade Belt:

Would be similar to the bandoleer but for thrown explosives.

Canteen:

Hip mounted jug that would let players carry around drinks,  could even have a hotkey to auto drink pure water.

Snack Pack:

Same thing as canteen but for food

Just a few ideas but I'm sure there's even more that could be done with it..

Archived