sever issue

wallace773

3 minutes ago, wallace773 said:

it is dedicated sever that i am running on a separate pc  

Doesn't answer any of my questions.

I'll try it in more detail:

You should post the full logfile of both the client and the server here. (They will also contain your system specs, so you don't need to tell them here additionally).

Looks good. Where's the client log?

Did you try joining from other clients? Do they have the same problem?

Could be also a map issue, or a map sync issue between client and server. How did you generate the map? On the server with RWG?

If it is a sync issue, probably removing the local world save from your client, to make it load the map again from the server, may help. But won't help if the map is already broken on the server.

You could also try to copy the map from the server to your client manually and check if you can start it without problems as a local game. If it is then still broken, i guess the mapfiles are broken themselfs. Then you have to generate a new world.

Do you use any mods? I just noticed the server shows day 1 02:56. But you have 166hp and already seem well equipped? If you start on fresh map, the time also should be day 1 06:00 or later.

Make sure you don't have local files in the world folder with the same name from any local experiments, that missmatch the server world.

1 minute ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Looks good. Where's the client log?

Did you try joining from other clients? Do they have the same problem?

Could be also a map issue, or a map sync issue between client and server. How did you generate the map? On the server with RWG?

If it is a sync issue, probably removing the local world save from your client, to make it load the map again from the server, may help. But won't help if the map is already broken on the server.

You could also try to copy the map from the server to your client manually and check if you can start it without problems as a local game. If it is then still broken, i guess the mapfiles are broken themselfs. Then you have to generate a new world.

yes the issue is happening on other clients and it was currently worked fine up to day 25 then it reset to day 1 

also yes the map is RWG on the sever XML file  

output_log__2020-11-28__12-05-53.txt

1 minute ago, wallace773 said:

yes the issue is happening on other clients and it was currently worked fine up to day 25 then it reset to day 1

Uhm, i guess that's the relevant information here.

If that happens, usually the save files (on the server) went corrupt. Afaik there is no way to fix it, other then restoring a backup. But let me guess: You haven't made any backups?

this is the XML file i have removed the sensitive info from it  

serverconfig.xml

2 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Uhm, i guess that's the relevant information here.

If that happens, usually the save files (on the server) went corrupt. Afaik there is no way to fix it, other then restoring a backup. But let me guess: You haven't made any backups?

umm unfortunately i dont think i have  

This happens when the server is not shut down properly, and the map data is corrupted. You can fix it if you remove main.ttw, and then rename main.ttw.bak to main.ttw. However if you start the server up without performing that fix, then it overwrites the backup with the corrupt data.

I have not found a way to fix it. Even the usual fixes for creating a new save and copying over world and player data with a clean ttw file have not resolved it.

Always keep backups, and always ensure that the server is being shut down properly.

2 minutes ago, Beelzybub said:

Is it possible to take a copy of the world from one of the clients, and put that up on the server to fix it?

Not that I'm aware of. And this has been a really odd one to fix. It seems that the issue has something to do with the corrupted data stored in main.ttw from the improper shutdown extends to causing corrupt data in the region files when you load it in. Re-using the seed world doesn't seem to cause any problems. Replacing main.ttw doesn't seem to fix it because now the region files are corrupted.

If I had a couple of days to just sit and play around with causing this kind of issue, and then troubleshooting it, I might be able to figure something else out. Unfortunately I don't haven't had that kind of time to dedicate to many things recently. In the next few weeks I've got a good amount of time off scheduled, and I can try to fit this in. I'll be honest though, it's not terribly high on my list of things to do. It affects such a small number of people, and is easily resolved by taking the proper actions of restoring backups following an improper shutdown.

Archived