Standard POI Spawns

Moldy Bread

I wish it would be able to generate every POI at once in one Random World. They would easily fit on a 8k map and I don't enjoy maps like navezgane where you only have like 3-4 small town and some lonely POI's and the rest is filled with trees. I want big cities and variety with POI's. I know they tried to RWG as many different POI as possible before they show up multiple times and thats great but give us the possibility of creating maps with mega cities like with nitrogen world generator. I would use it but the maps look kinda weird cause streets are badly generated and cities/towns are filled with different height and that looks unnatural with 1 POI at +50 m and the next at +65 m and again the next somewhere else. Also Nitrogen copies POI's so much it's not even funny. Tried different maps and always seeing the same POI over and over again. Thats why I prefer vanilla generator but with more options would be great.

2 hours ago, Diragor said:

like with nitrogen world generator. I would use it but the maps look kinda weird cause streets are badly generated and cities/towns are filled with different height and that looks unnatural with 1 POI at +50 m and the next at +65 m and again the next somewhere else.

That was a bug in a certain nitrogen version. I haven't seen this issue a single time on the map i generated like a month ago.

2 hours ago, Diragor said:

Also Nitrogen copies POI's so much it's not even funny.

There is only a fixed number of POIs available. If you create huge cities like nitrogen does you will get repeating POIs.

Adding the compopack to nitrogen increases the amount of available POIs and with that also reduces the duplications.

Well I did it when a19 came out was the bug fixed at that time?

40 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

There is only a fixed number of POIs available. If you create huge cities like nitrogen does you will get repeating POIs.

Adding the compopack to nitrogen increases the amount of available POIs and with that also reduces the duplications.

What do you mean by that it's limited? aren't there like hundreds of POI's :o

7 minutes ago, Diragor said:

Well I did it when a19 came out was the bug fixed at that time?

I didn't encounter that bug in person, but i saw it in some youtube videos and read about it in the forum that it was a bug, that has been fixed.

I don't know when exactly that happened.

7 minutes ago, Diragor said:

What do you mean by that it's limited? aren't there like hundreds of POI's :o

Don't know the exact numbers and currently can't look up the xmls. Iirc its something around 250?

Note that towns in (afaik) both nitrogen and RWG are generated with different zones like residential zones, comercial zones, industrial zones... A shamway factory will not spawn in a residential zone. That's why it also matters how many POIs for a specific region are available. There are very many houses (residential), and that's exactly what i see ingame. Residential areas are very well randomized with only few duplications. But industrial seems to have way less POIs. So it happens that a big town has two (or more) shamway factories, or even two water works facing each other.

Nitrogen is good for dedicated servers if that's the map\world you want then sure you can use that but it is still always going to be Randomly Generated.

Don't forget RG is calculated differently when creating a Multiplayer vs Single player World.

I should probably say that it's not a single player world but a map generation. All maps generated can be used for multiplayer.

Archived