Jump to content

Filtering Out Loot Bags


Recommended Posts

So, I just massively upgraded my base (from 2 blade traps, 1 electric fence and 4 dart traps to 12 blade traps, 13 electric fences and 52 dart traps) and the only real problem I found on horde night was that I ended up with a massive pile of loot bags between me and the horde, such that I could barely see the shorter zombies, and couldn't see dogs and spider zombies because of the pile.  Is there any sort of floor set up I can use (in the future...it would require drilling out way too much steel to reasonable do that this point) such that the loot bags would fall through and the zombies couldn't?

 

I've honestly never had this problem before, and I'm not really sure how to fix it (or if it can be fixed.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

best  way  is to use some kind of  ramp with  1 wide hole on one side ... knocked down zombies + almost all bags will  fall down ( rarely some stay on  top  but then get knocked out of ramp by zombies /new bags

 

+  you can use  1/4   block corridor next to this pit to loot them safely zombies wont punch through concrete/steel blocks  if they have meaningfull path to you

 

On 11/27/2020 at 7:03 AM, Vaeliorin said:

 and 52 dart traps

is there any iron left on your world?

Edited by alanea (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, alanea said:

best  way  is to use some kind of  ramp with  1 wide hole on one side ... knocked down zombies + almost all bags will  fall down ( rarely some stay on  top  but then get knocked out of ramp by zombies /new bags

 

+  you can use  1/4   block corridor next to this pit to loot them safely zombies wont punch through concrete/steel blocks  if they have meaningfull path to you

 

is there any iron left on your world?

Yeah, I know you can do something like that, I was hoping there was something I was unaware of that would let the bags fall through, but not the zombies.

 

As to the iron...let's just say I'm on my third iron vein and I'm only on day 40 or so....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, my corridor is only 13 blocks long, I don't have room for more...though I guess I could have put another 26 in the ceiling...

 

I just like blade traps and a couple of the blade traps are just set up to keep them away from the sides of the stairs.  My gamestage 178 horde barely made it past the first set of dart traps outside of the occasional dog or spider zombie, so it's not like I really need more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

Hey, my corridor is only 13 blocks long, I don't have room for more...though I guess I could have put another 26 in the ceiling...

 

I just like blade traps and a couple of the blade traps are just set up to keep them away from the sides of the stairs.  My gamestage 178 horde barely made it past the first set of dart traps outside of the occasional dog or spider zombie, so it's not like I really need more.

I have some on the steps up, then the corridor. Split in 2 parts.

If I leave the front half on, I only get to see the occasional head pop up, and then fall over.

 

So I keep the first 7 off mostly, until I hear the demos growl. Then it goes on.

(or if I need to repair the machine gun)

:)

 

52 is still a lot, and will pretty much take care of everything.

(and yep, feeding them is not trivial)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

Hey, my corridor is only 13 blocks long, I don't have room for more...though I guess I could have put another 26 in the ceiling...

 

I just like blade traps and a couple of the blade traps are just set up to keep them away from the sides of the stairs.  My gamestage 178 horde barely made it past the first set of dart traps outside of the occasional dog or spider zombie, so it's not like I really need more.

Only 13 blocks? Damn mine's only 3 blocks long and never saw a zombe getting over block 1 and I play max difficulty

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2020 at 1:03 AM, Vaeliorin said:

Is there any sort of floor set up I can use (in the future...it would require drilling out way too much steel to reasonable do that this point) such that the loot bags would fall through and the zombies couldn't?

I have adapted the floor Vedui uses in this video to one of my previous base designs and it worked very well. I'm sure you could make it work with yours.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2020 at 2:52 AM, Vaeliorin said:

Yeah, I know you can do something like that, I was hoping there was something I was unaware of that would let the bags fall through, but not the zombies.

 

As to the iron...let's just say I'm on my third iron vein and I'm only on day 40 or so....

sounds like you could have indestructible steel castle throw  13x electric fence into that corridor and you will manage demolishers even with unperked pistol :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...