why there isn't a gassifier

livarbesaru

I haven't played this game for a long time, but a thing i always think while playing it, it's a chemestry production for oil, whitout the need to go in the desert to gather oil shale, or breaking cars. I would like to start a production line of it, like start a tree farm, gather the wood to gasifier and then with a distillation boiler next to it i can convert gas to oil. To be more self-sufficient, without the fear that i'm going to run out of cars to demolish or oil shale deposit. It will help a lot at end game while at beginning this option will be disable until we unlock the ability to build the gasifier and boiler.

There is already little reason to explore the map anyway. That you can find oil shale only in desert is one of them. And even that is not a big deal. Go to desert, mine one stack of oilshale (6.000), craft it into 60.000 gas and you have enough for weeks. Even if you have to travel the whole map from on end to the other, this can be done in half a day.

In every playthrough i did yet, i always went to desert for oil shale only once. Usually mining one night, returning with several stacks of oil shale. Done for lifetime.

If you want alternatives, you should look for mods.

you can burn through a lot of that gas when using the auger, 4x4 (gas hog), or making molotovs.

Takes a lot of shale to make oil as well.

Mind you, get half a dozen stacks of shale and you are set for a long long time, yes.

(even more so if you can craft the 5pack bundles)

I do tend to find iron with the shale, and I can always use more of that.

:D

36 minutes ago, canadianbluebeer said:

you can burn through a lot of that gas when using the auger, 4x4 (gas hog), or making molotovs.

I never needed to make gas until late game, when i started using a 4x4, permanently using auger (probably for an own huge base build) and chainsaw and maybe crafting molotows. Until then i always found enough from loot and wrenching cars. And once you are this far advanced, having a 4x4 and/or gyrocopter and auger, going to desert once and mine a lot of oil shale in half a day is even less difficult.

If you could find oil shale even in desert in only small amounts and so it still takes long to find enough, i'd understand the need for an alternative. But as it is now, even removing the need to travel to a desert would make the game even more care-bear-able.

If building a gas extractor or whatever, it should be really really expensive, const a sh*tload of ressources to craft, requiring INT10, receipe can only be bought from traders, costs 100.000 dukes, needs power to run (so you will spend some of the gas on keeping it running again) with constant, but little output. So in the end you will still prefer going to a desert. (But may still be usefull, e.g. when playing a snow-biome-only-map or similar) ;)

Archived