Snufkin's Custom Server Side Zombies - PLUS (A20)

arramus

3 hours ago, Evilspartan said:

<entity name="SharkWFLB" prob="0.2"/>

If I set this to 0 that will make it where they dont spawn at all correct?

It should not spawn at all with 0. I tend to use a comment out command so that it is totally disregarded and removes any load from the server with similar action for the horde settings.

<!--entity name="SharkWFLB" prob="0.2"/-->

• 4 weeks later...

Here is an update to the Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS mod.

Download: https://github.com/arramus/SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS-A19-2021May03

@Evilspartan runs a server side only custom mods server Tipsy Zombies | A19 | PvE (link here to the introduction page in the server area) that incorporates a multitude of mods for the Tipsy Squatch Gaming Community and 7D2D players at large. Evilspartan shared the concept of creating a new Juggernaut that had pretty much all of the traits of the regular Juggernaut except for some unique characteristics; namely:

- No rocket launcher but a tougher auger attachment (Removed rocket weapon and attachment and increased block damage from 500 to 800)

- A glow similar to that of the Elite Mod created by Lo-X (This was not possible as the Juggernaut is created by Archetype and not a default model)

- Greater Health (Health has been increased from 12K to 15K)

Run speed has also been very slightly increased but will barely be noticeable.

Here is the result:

The Golden Juggernaut

20210503151720_1.thumb.jpg.6a079928e1c522124a2b48cc28b1b882.jpg

This entity doesn't have any head protection beyond the face 'mask' as there will be dust from the auger but no rocket blast risk. The armor has patches of gold which is probably caused by oxidization but who knows how much real gold dust will be picked up with that auger. The rocket has been removed from the left shoulder but the auger is diamond tipped to 800 block damage (up from 500 for the Juggernaut). The regular Juggernaut spawns at a potential rate of about 1 in 500 during Horde Night. The Golden Juggernaut spawns at a potential rate of about 1 in 750. Both entities can also spawn in the Wasteland at night using Snufkin's Hard Wasteland Night custom group setting.

This was a simple test on 2 layers of cobblestone followed by 3 layers of cobblestone. Naturally, this is no match for the Juggernaut, let alone the Golden Juggernaut, but we would like you to find out the potential on concrete and steel for yourselves. ^^

At 17:09 the test began. This 'safe' area is a simple box with 3 layers or 2 layers of cobblestone for Golden Juggernaut to select from.

20210503152139_1.thumb.jpg.c437eb2e987c258a15405fc3a8bdce94.jpg

The Golden Juggernaut was just breaking through at 17:29 which based on a 60 minute day cycle is about 50 seconds...

20210503152237_1.thumb.jpg.fac29f56c0d9449cbe3bc0246450d0c9.jpg

At 18:06 the Golden Juggernaut was 'suspended' inside 3 layers of cobblestone block and then reactivated.

20210503152424_1.thumb.jpg.4bc8f53ecb409d9b3a80c695af14ecdc.jpg

20210503152534_1.thumb.jpg.e74c41b4ae56bd89f3ee49fcece7cb22.jpg

At 18:44 a fully open pathway was established. Again, this took as little time as it would take to jump on your bicycle to get some distance between you.

20210503152615_1.thumb.jpg.ee86a0ffcb6f708fc5375bd014286315.jpg

The Golden Juggernaut will spawn very rarely, and less so than the regular Juggernaut unless server Admin tweak the spawn rates to their own specifications. The Golden Juggernaut will also be easier to keep at bay with constant fire trained on him, which also allows time for reloads as you will not have a torrent of rockets heading your way. But, given the chance, it will eat any base in front of it.

Cobblestone is clearly not a viable defense against the Juggernaut unless built very strategically in a Tower Defense format and the above images are simply to show the potential. A lot of servers are running the Steel Polish mod and it is with those in mind that this update can offer greater challenge. As always. Server Admin can tweak the xml to remove or reduce/increase the challenge.

Thank you to Evilspartan and the Tipsy Squatch Gaming Community for facing multiple Golden Juggernauts in differing types of structure as this provided great feedback to ensure this release was balanced.

im excited for the new update but im nervous that i may need to uninstall my mods before downloading the updated version of this mod... then again ill see how far i get in my current playthrough as im nearing day 49 horde

10 hours ago, AndrewT said:

im excited for the new update but im nervous that i may need to uninstall my mods before downloading the updated version of this mod... then again ill see how far i get in my current playthrough as im nearing day 49 horde

I understand about the concern for sure, as that can be a server breaker and all that work goes down the drain. One good thing about these entity type mods is that they are removed from the World if the mod is removed whereas other assets like vehicles cause big update issues if an ID is still tagged to a player's backpack/toolkit or parking area and it is removed. So far, we haven't seen any issues when introducing new Z's to a World and the Tipsy Gaming Community took the chance to add this update and haven't reported any console errors or conflicts; and it has been about 28 game days since the initial introduction. The same can be said for all previous updates with new additions to the PLUS version. Naturally, there can be no guarantee but after 6 months with multiple new entities added it's good to see no issues with updating so far.

9 hours ago, arramus said:

I understand about the concern for sure, as that can be a server breaker and all that work goes down the drain. One good thing about these entity type mods is that they are removed from the World if the mod is removed whereas other assets like vehicles cause big update issues if an ID is still tagged to a player's backpack/toolkit or parking area and it is removed. So far, we haven't seen any issues when introducing new Z's to a World and the Tipsy Gaming Community took the chance to add this update and haven't reported any console errors or conflicts; and it has been about 28 game days since the initial introduction. The same can be said for all previous updates with new additions to the PLUS version. Naturally, there can be no guarantee but after 6 months with multiple new entities added it's good to see no issues with updating so far.

awesome keep up the good work. also day 49 horde went well my titanium blade traps preformed perfectly (I have a mod that adds titanium and titanium items ill tell ya more if your interested)

Here is another update to the Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS Mod:

Download here: https://github.com/arramus/SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS-A19-2021May05

It servers two purposes:

1. Offers an alternative to the Geist, in the form of the Geist Archer, for some Server Admin/Hosts who have seen the Geist cause server crashes due to the electical particles.

2. Introduces the Hisser; a translucent snake that is buffed up and will add to the eclectic PLUS mix.

The Geist Archer

There have been numerous reports from Server Admin/Hosts that when too many Geist entities spawn, a server crash can soon follow. Some servers have reduced the frequency to accommodate but miss the airborne attacks. As an alternative the Geist Archer has been added to the PLUS Mod pack.

The Geist Archer is simply a forest version of the Geist that fires 2 flaming arrow projectiles instead of the 3 bolts of plasma.

20210505160423_1.thumb.jpg.f4534e47b171b577caf054e66b837fd7.jpg

The flaming arrows have naturally received the burning buff and will require a beverage or other water source to extinguish the burn. We hope this alternative provides a similar feel as the Geist but without the server load issues.

20210505160406_1.thumb.jpg.40860d02c8144c8be3e98e954eabb62d.jpg

The Hisser, as with the Golden Juggernaut, came about through discussions with the Tipsy Squatch Gaming Community. They were looking for something that looked similar to the Banshee but had the traits of the Mantis attack, and no screams. Here is the result.

20210505164120_1.thumb.jpg.8ba65fffd979bac6d527b8fd96c3184d.jpg

The Hisser:

- 25% bigger than a regular snake
- Has a translucent texture which will make it more challenging to see at any time of the day
- Noticably more slithery than a regular snake and will close in on your location quicker and more so when upset

- Gives 700 XP

- Has 700 HP

- Spits venomous acid which can burn and cause a poison effect similar to the Mantis (Half the time and half the intensity to offset the higher spit frequency)

- Bites harder than a regular snake and will cause a little block damage

20210505164125_1.thumb.jpg.487a435a73497ed28bd2d13f5081c1e5.jpg

I believe the Hisser has even raised up for this attack :)

20210505172603_1.thumb.jpg.f1dd2eb9df4117d83669f204bcf33e4b.jpg

20210505172607_1.thumb.jpg.1fd01945973c0233d0b948d545be546d.jpg

The Hisser will offer a different level of stealth to your Snufkin PLUS Worlds, and as always, Server Admin can tweak the settings to remove/increase/decrease the likelihood of the Hisser of appearing.

20210505172626_1.thumb.jpg.564e9d63a8ebde275b9901e5d7e8577b.jpg

Ok so I recently found a mod that brings the old hornet enemy back to the game with a more dark red appearance rather than the original yellow and I also recently figured out how to make certain enemies bigger. what i want to know is, Does increasing the entities sizeScale make their hot boxes bigger as well?

7 hours ago, AndrewT said:

Ok so I recently found a mod that brings the old hornet enemy back to the game with a more dark red appearance rather than the original yellow and I also recently figured out how to make certain enemies bigger. what i want to know is, Does increasing the entities sizeScale make their hot boxes bigger as well?

The Biker was scaled up to become the Motor Head entity and the Motor Head's hit box appears to remain closely connected to the scaled model and its collision boundaries. Even at it's rather gargantuan height, head shots will still decapitate. Based on that, the hitbox appears to remain proportional to the increase in scale size and if it does also 'thicken out', it is not noticeably intrusive.

1 hour ago, AndrewT said:

Hey arramus just a suggestion/question. can all entities both original and PLUS have SizeScale codes so myself and other players can adjust the visual size of certain zombies?

Entities, both the original and PLUS, can accept their own customised SizeScale codes in the entityclasses.xml

Animals can also accept SizeScale as well and Stallionsden has utilised the same code to change chickens to hens and stags to moose in the animal fix mod.

As an example of one I am familiar with, the Motorhead entity is effectively using the Biker properties for model with those attachments applied as a buff.xml. A customised SizeScale was added to its properties to give it that extra height and mass:

<entity_class name="zombieMotorhead" extends="zombieTemplateMale">

<property name="SizeScale" value="1.7"/>

This SizeScale property can be added directly to each entity which doesn't currently have it to increase or decrease the scaling. All of the entities I introduced have scaling and it's very much personal choice for the other modders who added their own. It is something that can be done manually by anyone who downloads the mod and active forum users will certainly respond to any specific questions or requests.

13 hours ago, arramus said:

Entities, both the original and PLUS, can accept their own customised SizeScale codes in the entityclasses.xml

Animals can also accept SizeScale as well and Stallionsden has utilised the same code to change chickens to hens and stags to moose in the animal fix mod.

As an example of one I am familiar with, the Motorhead entity is effectively using the Biker properties for model with those attachments applied as a buff.xml. A customised SizeScale was added to its properties to give it that extra height and mass:

<entity_class name="zombieMotorhead" extends="zombieTemplateMale">

<property name="SizeScale" value="1.7"/>

This SizeScale property can be added directly to each entity which doesn't currently have it to increase or decrease the scaling. All of the entities I introduced have scaling and it's very much personal choice for the other modders who added their own. It is something that can be done manually by anyone who downloads the mod and active forum users will certainly respond to any specific questions or requests.

I tried to add a SizeScale code for the juggernaut but all it did was make the juggernaut appear to float in mid air without making him bigger.

4 hours ago, AndrewT said:

I tried to add a SizeScale code for the juggernaut but all it did was make the juggernaut appear to float in mid air without making him bigger.

The Juggernaut seems to be a very special character with its own Archetype. In that regard it has partial entity features for action but not for appearance. There is a height setting in the Juggernaut's Archetype and maybe that is worth amending instead.

Here is a small update for the Snufkin Custom Zombies PLUS.

https://github.com/arramus/SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS-A19-2021May20

This update introduces a new Custom Zombie

Tipsy Squatch

The Tipsy Squatch is a Sasquatch/Bigfoot type entity that roams in all Biomes but has a higher probability to appear in the Forest at night.

It holds a Glass in one hand and a Bone Knife in the other hand. The Tipsy Squatch is named after its propensity to collect and consume forest honey 'mead' from fermented pools. This leaves the Tipsy Squatch in a permanent state of mild inebriation.

20210520012402_1.thumb.jpg.c91faadef244424a3593a4214720f9ce.jpg

The Tipsy Squatch with his mead glass and bone knife.

20210520013223_1.thumb.jpg.471c005467e29ec41b2ee096093485d6.jpg

The Tipsy Squatch melee action is a mix of swings, lunges, and grabs.

20210520025259_1.thumb.jpg.3f2ef03b4ba2ac0085c1dcb75ccd1cae.jpg

On contact, the Tipsy Squatch buff will put the Player into a drunken state which will blur vision and potentially increase player physical attributes.

20210520160518_1.thumb.jpg.59b57ece9528d9efce9dbdb0d90eaf23.jpg

This is cumulative with each hit.

20210520164301_1.thumb.jpg.cc97d3c29b11d2aaac0e2cfa8b61e851.jpg

You'll win some.

20210520164402_1.thumb.jpg.0df89635accdc2cdce31e39ee5fa2365.jpg

And lose some.

20210520164417_1.thumb.jpg.a78e55ab8e2347ac1b3d915d9842ae20.jpg

The Tipsy Squatch joins all entity groups at comparable values beyond the Night Forest which is slightly higher probability.

Cheers.

20210520165435_1.thumb.jpg.d8e3496ee9c3792c33ac4657cd346509.jpg

19 minutes ago, AndrewT said:

Could I continue my current save after downloading the new version or do I have to start over?

The good thing with entities is that they are dynamic and do not get attached to anything like a vehicle or weapon and pretty much get deleted if an entity mod is removed.

I could continue my own current save after introducing this new version to my World without any compatibility or inventory issues. There is no guarantee with how 7 Days will react but I have tested this on 3 dedicated servers as an upgrade and all were successful.

On 4/3/2021 at 6:45 PM, arramus said:

Fortunately, both questions are connected to the same file in the mod; entitygroups.xml

Go to Config > entitygroups.xml

1. Turning off Horde Night Custom Zombies.

Go to Line 292

add !-- after the first < so it looks like this <!--append

add -- at the end of line 613 before the final > so it looks like this append-->

This will comment out all of the Horde Night instructions and the game will ignore them.

I think the line numbers have changed. Would it now be 319 and 640?

Additionally, if I only wanted to use on special zombie to start (and add more in later), I'd just comment out all the others from the eight groupings at the top?

1 hour ago, OctoberFire said:

I think the line numbers have changed. Would it now be 319 and 640?

Additionally, if I only wanted to use on special zombie to start (and add more in later), I'd just comment out all the others from the eight groupings at the top?

Based on those numbers, it looks like you are using the entitygroup lite version. The <append entry on 319 will look like this <!--append to open the 'comment out' command. And the closing </append> on line 640 will look like this </append-->.

You would comment out all of the other ones from the eight groupings that you don't want for now. Best to comment each one out individually if you aren't familiar with doing it for chunks as it you comment out a whole section and it already contains a 'comment out' for a description, it will cause issues.

<!--entity name="ZombieArchon" prob="0.05"/-->
<!--entity name="zombieBanshee" prob="0.1"/--> and so on.

I installed "SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS_A19_2021May20" and everything seems running smoothly (although I have yet to test somehow). 

1)  Do I need to install "Snufkin-Party-Plus-Starter-Kit-A19-master" as well?

2)  What does Snufkin-Party-Plus-Starter-Kit-A19-master do (not sure, is it the "lite" version)?

Edited by AKMARK5000 (see edit history)

39 minutes ago, arramus said:

Based on those numbers, it looks like you are using the entitygroup lite version. The <append entry on 319 will look like this <!--append to open the 'comment out' command. And the closing </append> on line 640 will look like this </append-->.

You would comment out all of the other ones from the eight groupings that you don't want for now. Best to comment each one out individually if you aren't familiar with doing it for chunks as it you comment out a whole section and it already contains a 'comment out' for a description, it will cause issues.

<!--entity name="ZombieArchon" prob="0.05"/-->
<!--entity name="zombieBanshee" prob="0.1"/--> and so on.

Perfect! I did that, and I've already heard the siren zombie (in the distance, thankfully) on my test map, so it appears to be working, BUT I am also randomly (I think?) hearing this sort of DING! sound occasionally. Could that also be related to the siren zombie?

16 hours ago, OctoberFire said:

Perfect! I did that, and I've already heard the siren zombie (in the distance, thankfully) on my test map, so it appears to be working, BUT I am also randomly (I think?) hearing this sort of DING! sound occasionally. Could that also be related to the siren zombie?

That sound does indeed come from the Siren and is but one of her very many announcements. Very eerie at night as well.

16 hours ago, AKMARK5000 said:

I installed "SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS_A19_2021May20" and everything seems running smoothly (although I have yet to test somehow). 

1)  Do I need to install "Snufkin-Party-Plus-Starter-Kit-A19-master" as well?

2)  What does Snufkin-Party-Plus-Starter-Kit-A19-master do (not sure, is it the "lite" version)?

You don't need to install the Party Plus Starter Kit but it's helpful where the server is set up to be a challenge. It's purely a weapon bag with a few useful items that unpack in the player's inventory when they first enter the World. It was aimed at the regular PLUS challenge and contains a minibike to help players escape from the Drones, Shark and other flying entities until they are ready to face them. Players can simply drop it for a greater challenge or take what if offers.