Character Porting

Big T

Hi folks,

I, my son's, and my grandson purchased 7D2D a while ago so we could play online together. We haven't played in over a year. We stopped playing because there is no way to build a characters xp, and attributes in solo, then use them when we play together.

If I invite them to play they all have to start over, and the character they build up can not be taken to a solo game, or to play together if I'm not on line.

Because of that we started playing fallout 76, but we all like this game better, and would like to come back.

Are there any plans for making characters portable between games?

• 3 weeks later...

TFP does not operate any servers themselves, on the other hand you probably payed less than ~25 $/Euro/... for the game. If some other game costs you 50 $/Euro/... or they stuff their game with microtransactions, then that explains how they can operate those servers.

Every other mulitplayer game? That can be easily disproven: Counterstrike for example has the same setup, no official servers. Factorio as well.

There is another possibility for you by the way, but you should not have two left hands with computers:

You can start the game on your machine in headless mode and let the machine run through, then your sons and grandsons can enter the game any time they want. You would practically have the game running twice on your machine, once as a server and once as a client whenever you want to join the game. Howto: https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/3998-support-faq-information-and-common-solutions/?do=findComment&comment=50808

Archived