looking for cheat: spawn zombie backpack

Geizkragen

Hi.

I'm trying to build my next base. One of the main focuses is to understand the physics behind the moving (rolling or water "swimming") of corpses and the backpacks the zombies drops on death. The backpacs drops are rare so I look for a cheat to make my tests better.

Is there a way to move corpses or the backpacks up? I try different things with the bridges but have no good results. I have to  to try some explosives to shoot them up...

TY, Geizkragen

You mean like, move loot bags/corpses physically upwards (against gravity) while playing the game, so as maybe to move them from where they drop to another location? Or “make them drop more often when a zed is killed so I can do testing of the base design”?

If “make them drop more often”: yep, you can mod that in. Or likely just drop the bags/zeds in from the slaw we or creative menu.

if “physically move upwards”: then the only options I can think of are:

- there is an elevator and a “rotatable bridge” mod by guppycur. Those may allow movement of stuff “upwards”?

- there was a YouTube series by ...jawoodle about building bases looking for cheesy things to do. One was making a “cannon like structure or tunnel “downwards” and at the bottom was a few steel? Bars with some space beneath them.He opened a hatch on the outside,threw a bunch of unlit grenades into it so they fell down into the lowest level , under the bars,then closed the hatch. Then, he spawned like 25 zombies right on the hole on top and they fell to the bottom, on top of the steel bars. He then quickly open the outside hatch, threw in a lit grenade, closed the outside hatch. When the grenade went off, it triggered all the other grenades, and it killed the zeds and also threw them upwards like 50+ blocks.  So there is likely a way with explosives and properly shaped areas to fling things up on a semi repeatable way. But the explosives may do a lot of structure all damage, so you might have to mod the explosives to not do any block damage, or fine tune their “blast power” to make this useful.

As a side note: you’re fighting gravity. It might be easier to design for “catching” what you want in a funnel as bags drop/zeds die. Maybe a floor of hatches operated by a switch. When there are no alive zeds on the floor you open it and stuff falls below.  Alternatively. I think jawoodle also tried mounting the vanilla sliding garage door flush with the floor and then could open it and stuff would fall that was on top of it. 

Ty, @doughphunghus.

I want a base desing with controlled spot of loot bags and corpses (the dogs can be harvestet). So I search for all the ways how they (bags and corpses) can be moved around.

I know they falll down.

I know if they are NOT lying, they roll those 45° corner down.

I know they dont swim up.

But not many facts more.

I can spawn zombies to kill and "create" corpses for my test, but I cant spawn the bags. So I also ask for a "cheat" or an other way to spawn the bags for my tests.

I cannot check at this moment, but can you spawn them from the creative menu? You have to turn “on” the creative menu when you are setting the options to start a game. Then when it’s in, you can access it when viewing the backpack/map/etc.  it’s the “lightbulb” menu option on the top right. I’m not sure what the loot bag is called though to search for it.

alternatively, if you can’t spawn it manually or want to test with live zeds so a loot bag drops every time you kill one there’s an xml property on the zeds called “loot probability” or something that you can probably set to 1. I think for the harder zeds that drop loot bags more often it’s set to like 0.03 or something. I don’t know a mod that does this, but one may already exist to “make loot bags appear more often” and you could likely modify the mod to make it “always”

1 hour ago, doughphunghus said:

I cannot check at this moment, but can you spawn them from the creative menu? You have to turn “on” the creative menu when you are setting the options to start a game. Then when it’s in, you can access it when viewing the backpack/map/etc.  it’s the “lightbulb” menu option on the top right. I’m not sure what the loot bag is called though to search for it.

alternatively, if you can’t spawn it manually or want to test with live zeds so a loot bag drops every time you kill one there’s an xml property on the zeds called “loot probability” or something that you can probably set to 1. I think for the harder zeds that drop loot bags more often it’s set to like 0.03 or something. I don’t know a mod that does this, but one may already exist to “make loot bags appear more often” and you could likely modify the mod to make it “always”

doughphunghus is correct and there is a mod for this by War3zuk. Also the line in entityclasses.xml (line 449) in my version looks like this below  and I think is one you can edit to increase the drops.

<property name="LootDropProb" value="0.02"/> <!-- Whether it drops a loot bag on death or not. -->

Archived