Book/perk bonuses not working?

Mutt

Hello,

Anyone noticed that the book bonuses to dmg aren't being applied? Usual +10% with shotguns/bows etc...

Same goes for the "Penetrator" AP buff, you only get the object penetration not the armour reduction.

I know the AP ammo is bugged at the moment so it looks like HP for the win!

Tested in creative, looks like the +10% damage buff from vol 1 The Automatic Weapon Handbook only applies to the base weapon, (not including ammo or mods to the gun)?

Tested using Tier 6 AK, (unmodded and then fully modded), and standard rounds. The dmg increase between the two doesn't scale, (7% for unmodded AK+standard round and 5.5% for fully modded+standard round). The % difference is before reading the book and afterwards. This is without any skill levels in fortitude or machine gunner...

Just an observation.

15 hours ago, Mutt said:

Tested in creative, looks like the +10% damage buff from vol 1 The Automatic Weapon Handbook only applies to the base weapon, (not including ammo or mods to the gun)?

Tested using Tier 6 AK, (unmodded and then fully modded), and standard rounds. The dmg increase between the two doesn't scale, (7% for unmodded AK+standard round and 5.5% for fully modded+standard round). The % difference is before reading the book and afterwards. This is without any skill levels in fortitude or machine gunner...

Just an observation.

Percentages are always just added together and then applied to base values. This is intended. Notice that the damage increase from filling mod slots or from perks are also percentages, not fixed numbers.

Lets say each perk point increases by 10% and each filled mod slot by 6%. So if you have perk at 3 and 2 mod slots filled and the book read you would be at 100% + 3*10% + 2*6% + 10% = 152% for a weapon. A gun with base damage 50 would therefore be at 76. Compared to the damage without book (142% or 71) it would be a 7% increase in this example.

Seems another recent thread is about the same topic:

As FranticDan points it out in the post, my mistake was thinking that the game uses the level 6 steel pickaxes block damage (95) as it is displayed in game.

Instead the game uses the items base block damage (63), as stated on the wiki, to apply the % modifiers.

I wanted to be able to 2 shot stone blocks with my steel pickaxe, instead of my current situation that after two hits it still has 10 hp.

Thinking right now I should have discovered this back in A18. Instead, after hearing that level 6 items are no longer craftable I changed the perks so that you can craft level 6 items when reaching perk level 5.

Ended up doing manual test by crafting pickaxes and trying out several of them to see what was the lowers damage on level 6 pick I need to 2 shot stone after filling the tool with mods.

Can't really recall right now if it was 96 or 98 block damage pick to achieve the 2 shot ... and scratch that I looked up my Reddit, it was 98.

Also, Auger comments incoming ... like I haven't heard them before

ebc6be796a1fd9f469f102fd8183f820.jpg

Archived