help me; with - ironsights / ads / zoom - please !

Kostriktor

hi !
i feel like the aiming-feature is weird...
you can hold-to-aim, yes, but only if you do so for longer time.
quickscoping doesnt work because when only "ticking" the RMB, you TOGGLE into aim-mode !!
that toggle is absolute-frust;
i am NOT holding RMB, because i dont want to aim down sights !
is there any work-around for this ?
maybe some config-files or whatever ?
because i cannot find any ingame-option for that.
and it is crucial !
who cares as long as you use melee-weapons...
but once you have guns, and are obviously forced to quickscope, because from the hip, your bullets go all over the map, just not on your aiming-dot...
wow i feel better now.

EDIT:
quickscoping is disgusting, i know.
infact im not for having ironsights in games...
but since 7dtd has it, and since quickscoping works despite the odds, i will do it, to perform at the best possible rate.

the annoying part is: once you quickscoped an enemy, you are somewhat locked into sights, and have then to RMB again to leave it, which feels buggy at best.

1 hour ago, Kostriktor said:

oh so i have to play the game according to someone elses view...
is that the freedome america provides me with ?

: (

It is called balancing and that is done in every game on the planet. Abilities that are too strong are made weaker.

And, as I said, this is just a guess by me, could very well be an oversight or simply the preference of a developer instead.

if you want "quick scoping" easy kills, stick to battlefield or carpofduty, this game isnt designed like those,

"oh so i have to play the game according to someone elses view..."

would you say the same if you were playing checkers/draughts and wanted a "queen" piece because its in chess!?

Don't think you can change it as a setting, but can't really see it would help you much, either. The aim from hip is pretty much as accurate as "quickscoping", as it takes quite a while for the aim to center towards the middle. If you don't spend more than a tap in the scope view, you gain nothing from doing it.

For the best "workaround", get a laser dot on your gun. The dot in the world is pin point accurate regardless whether you're hip firing or aiming. A little hard to see in daylight, but great for hordes.

but since 7dtd has it, and since quickscoping works despite the odds, i will do it, to perform at the best possible rate.

the annoying part is: once you quickscoped an enemy, you are somewhat locked into sights, and have then to RMB again to leave it, which feels buggy at best.

5 hours ago, Kostriktor said:

Iron sights is basically a requirement for accurate shooting, and in any game where headshots count it's practically a dedicated requirement. As unholyjoe mentioned, it would be more common to not have hip shooting than it would be to not have ironsights in a game of this nature.

Quickscoping is something you would do in COD. It's not really something you're going to be doing here. IIRC a few versions ago you could do what you're trying, but it was changed to be locked in along with some other things with weapons that were changed due to issue with reloading and swapping weapons.

So now you can't use an exploit here that is commonly used in FPS games to cheat the vector pathing of the bullets.

For those who are reading this thread and going "WTF is quickscoping?"

Quickscoping is something that has been around ever since multiplayer FPS games were introduced. It refers to the technique of using what is usually a one-hit-kill sniper rifle and quickly scoping in on the enemy at close range to kill them. If successful, this can be incredibly effective. Of course, it takes quite a bit of practice before one can take out tons of enemies with their sniper at close range

Sniper rifles generally trade situational awareness for accuracy over long range. Quickscoping is a method of maintaining both, by only looking down the sights and quickly aiming when a target is available. In that way, it could be viewed as a mark of skill, a risky endeavor, or a potentially cheap strategy.

With the ray spread on shots being much tighter when looking down the scope/ironsights, you can quickly use this tactic to cheat the game into using the narrow scoped accuracy when hip firing.
It means if you roughly line up a shot, then aim down the scope and quickly fire, there is an increased chance that you will get a hit/headshot without having to really "aim" for one. Once you get the timing right, it's incredibly easy to pull off, and thus is viewed as more of an exploit than a legitimate strategy.

31 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Iron sights is basically a requirement for accurate shooting, and in any game where headshots count it's practically a dedicated requirement

yes tell that the counter-strike-community.

Quickscoping is something you would do in COD

that is why im disgusted by it.
and no, you do quickscopes in every game that has this "feature"; ironsights.

It's not really something you're going to be doing here.

yes it is, because you oneshot every zombie by doing it.

the only downside is, you are then stuck in the ironsights and need to press RMB again.
that is annoying and could be avoided by simply doing ironsights like every other game does.

if you want it to be more realistic, then you need to rework ironsights, for it not to work like it does in cod;
youd need some sort of minimum-time before you can shoot, after you pressed ironsights.
theres is not even a timer on weaponswitch, there is no timer on ironsights.
you can shoot 10 blunderbuss in 1 second.
and you can quickscope with every weapon that has ironsights.
feelsbad, i know, but it gets the job done.
id love if this was more realistic, how can i not abuse it, when it is so abusable?
i blame the game, not myself, yes.

9 hours ago, Kostriktor said:

yes tell that the counter-strike-community.

that is why im disgusted by it.
and no, you do quickscopes in every game that has this "feature"; ironsights.

yes it is, because you oneshot every zombie by doing it.

the only downside is, you are then stuck in the ironsights and need to press RMB again.
that is annoying and could be avoided by simply doing ironsights like every other game does.

if you want it to be more realistic, then you need to rework ironsights, for it not to work like it does in cod;
youd need some sort of minimum-time before you can shoot, after you pressed ironsights.
theres is not even a timer on weaponswitch, there is no timer on ironsights.
you can shoot 10 blunderbuss in 1 second.
and you can quickscope with every weapon that has ironsights.
feelsbad, i know, but it gets the job done.
id love if this was more realistic, how can i not abuse it, when it is so abusable?
i blame the game, not myself, yes.

You wish for more realism. Let me ask all the reallife sniper what they think about it. I bet you won't find a single sniper in history who ever used quickscopes in any situation. 

On 11/17/2020 at 2:23 AM, Kostriktor said:

absolutely not. i am because he brings nothing to this thread.
quoting an entire block, not responding or contributing to said block.

I only can say I like the way the weapons work in 7d2d and I would never want a fps playstyle in any game cause it's unrealistic junk. I mean a sniper would never run around in near combat and do quickscopes. Also in reality being shot would never heal itself in seconds. 7d2d isn't perfect with the gunplay but it's good like it is. We don't want to see bunnyhopping quickscope sniper player on any server xD

Archived