When did the knuckles get nerfed?

toores

Haven't used them in a while, but I haven't noticed any patch notes or other indications that there would be an intentional change..

Are you comparing like to like, as in is your spec the same? The brawler spec gives most of the stuns, without the points they're going to be a lot less stunning.

A higher difficulty might also have an effect.

The book series, maybe, I don't think it has straight up usable stuns in it, but even a damage increase may have an impact.

I'm not sure what stage of the game or what weapon you are using currently.  I still seem to get a fair amount of knockdowns with the knuckles I'm using.  I put the weighted head mod on a pair of steel knuckles and was knocking one down with every hit to the head.  Only time I wasn't knocking one down was when I hit the body or arms.  

I know it because how I am (and was) testing it.

Basically I level up all fortitude and brawler in a test world and spawn in a certain amount of zombies.

The knock down was so effective I could take on a certain amount of zombies when backpedaling. Killing was very slow but headshots constantly dropped them and when you had enough time and room, it was doable.

Now though, the same amount is undoable. Punching isn't as effective and instead they land most of their attacks, so very quickly you are half dead with all the imaginable debuffs.

Another way to test this is with a single zombie bear.

The point is, even though knuckles were very slow to kill zombies, you could survive much better than with clubs. Regular attack is frequent enough that ahfter every few shots you would knock down a zombie. Now it is much less frequent and knuckles are pretty much useless.

(its A19 now vs A19 couple of months back - maybe the end of summer)

I haven't tried the brawler build, but I did notice a Perk Book for brawling added that may give back the effectiveness and then some.  Plus I've noticed the importance of Beer being a brawler now.  Most players ignore the drinks and the new candies and thought they were just ineffective bonuses and never bothered using them.  Now if you don't have blackstrap coffee while mining, say good buy to your stanima if you are using Steel tools (If you use an Auger, say hello to a lot of zombie interuptions and goodbye to your hearing).

I'm currently doing a brawler build and love my steel knucks. I completely avoided knuckles until I finally got a pair of steel knuckles (around day 19, pretty late for me). Beofre that I just used stone sledged and bats. 

Now that they're modded up, quality 6, and I'm 5/5 in brawler, they're a force to be reckoned with.

Archived