Modrequest - how to ?

TrixX0r

Hey.

Ma english is bad, sry for this :x

Im just wondering about this missing mod :o

a vanilla-door -> as a double-door...

you open 1 of the door and its like the metal door ... booth will open ...

i found any mods for double-doors, but server & client need to install the mod ...

is there a way to request this mod ? :/ i think it should be easy to mod ?

greetz :)

If you are wanting a “new” door that’s not in the game, you’ll have to install on both client and server side as the new door (s) are considered new resources, and resources are not sent to the client from the server. 

however, as mentioned. There is the garage door, which can be controlled via electricity to open. There’s also the. Doors that open at the traders (also 4 blocks wide, open in the middle). It’s not what you probably want, but you can control other vanilla doors with electricity (vault doors) and have both open at the same time, but I bet you want to be able to drive through the center, and this will be just 2 open doors placed together.

a possible? Weird option might be to use the garage door and put 1/2 or 1/4 blocks around it to hide part of the door so the opening you can go through is only 2 blocks wide.  It also (have not tested) might be do-able to use the door the trader uses and completely block off 1/2 the door.  It might still open and the 1/2 you blocked might just clip into the blocks.   

I'm pretty sure the trader doors are 2 high x 3 wide, and the electric garage door is 3 high x 5 wide. If you alter the blocks.xml to put advanced rotations on the smaller 2x3 door, you could place it on its side and have a 3 high x 2 wide door.  Then hide the top third with some kind of block and have the doors open inward. Just a thought.

Actually, this gives me a thought (not near computer right now)... still not what you want but a possible workaround. 

could you put a electrically controlled hatch on the floor, and one on the ceiling? Then they both “close” to let you in, and “open” to block entry? I don’t know how this looks (gaps, etc) but if there is a gap it might be useful for shooting though, if not in a PvP game (others shooting you.).  To get around that just make a little “L” spared entrance so you go through and make a sharp turn to enter your base.

Archived