Big Sur....

Vampirenostra

Well, today all Mac users got a notification they can update to new MacOs... the Big Sur... 

Anyone tried if 7d2d keeps working with it? I've got some doubts on this... Another question is that Mac is moving towards their proprietary silicon, so I guess we'll also have trouble there as many application devs will simply refuse to move to that architecture and write pretty different code for Apple Silicon. How about TFP? Guys are you keeping the support for MacOs, or you'll drop it of as it happened to console versions? @meganoth @SylenThunder @Gazz @Roland someone? )))

I have no official info, I'm just a normal forum user acting partly as moderator.

But I would guess that 1) the main work will fall on unity who have to adapt their routines that are close to the hardware. On top of that sits 7D2D which can use the same interfaces as before (to unity and the operating system). The only work will be fixing bugs or missing functionality (if that exists?) in MacOs that lets it act differently on Apple versus Intel silicon. The only serious problem could be missing middleware if TFP uses any besides Unity and that is not ported over.

2) Console version is a totally different case as it was the product of a different company, made by different people. TFP got back the rights they once had, but bought none of the capabilities, knowledge, personel or connections of that other company. It is as if BMW had bought the rights to produce machine guns but did not build a gun factory.

• 3 weeks later...

I have upgraded to Big Sur on my Intel Mac. I have attempted to run Alpha 19.2 Stable and it freezes almost immediately requiring me to force quit the app. So I am uninstalling and re-installing 7 Days now to see if that resolves my issue

Well, the same issue occurs, re-install and also verify after the re-install.

Also launching from within the File as per previous workarounds. The launcher loads then 7 Days to Die loads and then within a few seconds goes to Not Responding.

Time to try 19.3 B5

22 minutes ago, Frost78 said:

I have upgraded to Big Sur on my Intel Mac. I have attempted to run Alpha 19.2 Stable and it freezes almost immediately requiring me to force quit the app. So I am uninstalling and re-installing 7 Days now to see if that resolves my issue

Weird... mine just runs as before, maybe a few fps worster...

1 minute ago, Frost78 said:

Well, the same issue occurs, re-install and also verify after the re-install.

Also launching from within the File as per previous workarounds. The launcher loads then 7 Days to Die loads and then within a few seconds goes to Not Responding.

Time to try 19.3 B5

what Mac are you running?

5 minutes ago, Vampirenostra said:

Weird... mine just runs as before, maybe a few fps worster...

what Mac are you running?

5K 27" 2017 with the Radeon Pro 570 4Gb.

I have some other Apps on my other user account that seem to go not responding as well. So its possible that its something on my Mac.

Same issue with the latest Beta. Looking through the output logs it is crashing very early on. 

A couple of times I have seen the following error, but otherwise the log always ends with UnloadTime

Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
- Completed reload, in  0.103 seconds
UnloadTime: 2.585701 ms
/Users/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_osx/build/src/common/pipes.cpp (839) : Assertion Failed: fatal stalled cross-thread pipe

I will need to test it under a test user account but that is a job for tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

So for anyone who finds this a I was able to resolve by deleting the steam directory completely in my library and removing the steam client before reinstalling both.

I have since upgraded to the Stable 19.3 with no issues, so some weird interdependency with steam, the game and the drivers appears to have been in place that required me to delete both steam and the game before it would all talk correctly.

Archived