In game map and markers

Maharin

When you select a marker in the list on the left it is not highlighted on the map on the right.  It would be a nice addition for those of us that use a lot of map markers to be able to scroll through them (or just click on one) and have the selected one always be highlighted on the map.

(scratch the second part, not likely going to work the way I was thinking)

Thank you.

And since i played Hell Let Loose i always click the middle mouse button if i want to mark something to show to other player.

HLL places a marker (like the onscreen markers now in 7d2d) at whatever you "hit with the shot" visible to all allied players. It's like "look i mean this over there". Imho this is genius and since HLL i miss such a thing in almost every game.

On 11/12/2020 at 2:43 PM, Maharin said:

When you select a marker in the list on the left it is not highlighted on the map on the right.  It would be a nice addition for those of us that use a lot of map markers to be able to scroll through them (or just click on one) and have the selected one always be highlighted on the map.

(scratch the second part, not likely going to work the way I was thinking)

Thank you.

It almost sounds a little like the Track Waypoint on the map. I know I have certain waypoints I like to have highlighted when I am going to use them. For instance I have one waypoint on a Post Office. If I use the Track Waypoint when in map it changes the word Post Office to yellow.  It already shows the distance to it in the waypoint menu. If I then get out of map and look around there will be a yellow waypoint to the Post Office on my screen which has distance to it.

59 minutes ago, Gamida said:

It almost sounds a little like the Track Waypoint on the map. I know I have certain waypoints I like to have highlighted when I am going to use them. For instance I have one waypoint on a Post Office. If I use the Track Waypoint when in map it changes the word Post Office to yellow.  It already shows the distance to it in the waypoint menu. If I then get out of map and look around there will be a yellow waypoint to the Post Office on my screen which has distance to it.

I use that feature, too.  Basically, all I really want is to be able to see a waypoint I have selected in the list as selected on the map (in yellow).  If you have a lot of waypoints on your map this could be very helpful.

I can't be understanding you. If you click on Track Waypoint the waypoint on the map does turn yellow.

One thing I would like is the ability to be able to click a box to turn the waypoints on and off on the map so I can only see the ones I want at that time. Would be nice if you have a few important pois or traders you want to visit. Being able to just see those on your compass would be great. Right now it is hard to even see the compass points as I have so many waypoints added lol

1 hour ago, Gamida said:

I can't be understanding you. If you click on Track Waypoint the waypoint on the map does turn yellow.

On the map screen, when you select a waypoint you have previously created, the color of the waypoint on the map does not change.  I'm only talking about while on the map screen.  I don't want to have to select each waypoint, mark it, and then go back into the map screen to see if I selected the right one.

I don't think we are still getting what other is saying. This is what I meant. Top pic has waypoints with none highlighted. Bottom pic has 1 waypoint highlighted which turns it yellow on map.

Are you saying you would like each waypoint to turn yellow if you click on it to left?

V4fFihn.png

10 hours ago, Maharin said:

On the map screen, when you select a waypoint you have previously created, the color of the waypoint on the map does not change.

Not just clicking one, but marking one as "tracked". Click a waypoint, then click the compass symbol in the upper left corner and that waypoint will become tracked and you will also see it on the HUD and in yellow on the compass.

However, just (double) clicking a waypoint from the list should also center the map to it and highlight it somehow. I guess that's what you are talking about.

1 hour ago, Gamida said:

I don't think we are still getting what other is saying. This is what I meant. Top pic has waypoints with none highlighted. Bottom pic has 1 waypoint highlighted which turns it yellow on map.

Are you saying you would like each waypoint to turn yellow if you click on it to left?

Yes, highlight the map version of the waypoint as it is selected in the list.

Archived