Jump to content

Converting dukes to xp


Recommended Posts

I figure most of you have already figured this out, I just realized it while testing some things out today, if you have extra dukes you can just turn them in to xp at the traders.  I used all the different things to improve bartering and then proceed sell and buy back the same item over and over again.  I used a quality 6 sniper rifle I had laying around and in about 15 seconds I earned around 45,000 xp with a stack of 20,000 dukes.  If you are at a point in the game where dukes don't really mean anything to you anymore then it might be a good thing to do with your extras.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, canadianbluebeer said:

No, 20k bullets is NOT enough.

😛

20k is nothing if you have a chest full of dukes.

 

I don't know why people even look for such "exploits" to level faster. I try intenionally to level slower, to not increase gamestage too fast and make the bloodmoons to hard soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

I don't know why people even look for such "exploits" to level faster. I try intenionally to level slower, to not increase gamestage too fast and make the bloodmoons to hard soon.

Mostly it is just something to do with a huge surplus of dukes.  After awhile they are meaningless and brass is so abundant now that I don't even have the need to smelt them down.  But now that you mention it this could be used as a way to inflate the game stage to get harder horde nights sooner.  Horde nights are too easy in my opinion, especially at the start.  I'll have to try this out on a map to see if I can get demolishers to show up sooner.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sjustus548 said:

But now that you mention it this could be used as a way to inflate the game stage to get harder horde nights sooner.  Horde nights are too easy in my opinion, especially at the start. 

Huh?

I mostly played with two players coop. That somehow fits just fine.

Doing a solo play currently and hordes are harsh. Of course doable, but not what i expect from good balancing, neither what i know from two-player. I almost spend 3 of 7 days between the hordes in coal, nitrate and lead mines for being able to craft enough ammo for the next BM. Brass in opposite is not really an issue.

At least if you don't want to exploit them like building a kill corridor. And in between you either have to build a new base from scratch or modify a POI. There are of course POIs that are quickly modifiable, but in my current game, they all have suboptimal position.

Overally i'd have stopped playing solo again if i'd not be able to cheat like disabling a bloodmoon if i need more time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Doing a solo play currently and hordes are harsh. Of course doable...

I usually play two player coop, unless two others join but since they don't play as much they drag the gamestage down making things easier, or single player.  On the two player server we have a horde base at the top of the parking garage.  On the solo game I usually don't even bother with a horde base anymore.  Just run and gun in the streets is my preferred way to deal with the horde.  No need to build keep building a new horde base between every horde.  With how plentiful the resources are it's really easy to get enough resources to craft a ton of ammo or you can go old school and just melee the whole night.  Combined with not having to repair anything or need to upgrade anything to concrete or steel it frees up a lot of time for other things.  I usually just pick a small town as my "Horde Town" and every horde night I just spend running the streets or thru houses just kiting the zombies along.  With a few of the key perks the zombies are just so easy to deal with or escape from, it's especially fun when you get to higher gamestages and start using the cops and demolishers to take out other zombies for you lol.  I highly recommend you give it a try.  Makes having a horde base seem so boring compared to it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Huh?

I mostly played with two players coop. That somehow fits just fine.

Doing a solo play currently and hordes are harsh. Of course doable, but not what i expect from good balancing, neither what i know from two-player. I almost spend 3 of 7 days between the hordes in coal, nitrate and lead mines for being able to craft enough ammo for the next BM. Brass in opposite is not really an issue.

At least if you don't want to exploit them like building a kill corridor. And in between you either have to build a new base from scratch or modify a POI. There are of course POIs that are quickly modifiable, but in my current game, they all have suboptimal position.

Overally i'd have stopped playing solo again if i'd not be able to cheat like disabling a bloodmoon if i need more time.

 

Solo play is balanced enough, maybe on the easy side. You just need a better base design. Not sure how you're defining exploit, but something like this allows you to go toe-to-toe with late game hordes and be done repairing by noon the next day.

 

Note: I've done some upgrades to the base since that photo, but the core concept remains the same. Let me know if you want more detail.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Psychodabble said:

Not sure how you're defining exploit, but something like this allows you to go toe-to-toe with late game hordes and be done repairing by noon the next day.

That is exploiting the AI. That is what i call a kill corridor. Even if it is not a pure corridor.

You can just build something like this if you know how the AI works and so "abuse" it.

Imho it should be random and basically you should be able to defend a simple tower. But that is not possible since the Zs are omniscient and find the perfect path magically.

 

I built a ramp to my occupied prison POI rececntly but the Zs didn't take that route. I guess because they determined other paths by magically-all-knowledge. I'd estimate, if i reinforce the outer walls, they will take the ramp, because then their AI tells them that it is the easier way. And that is ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Liesel Weppen said:

That is exploiting the AI. That is what i call a kill corridor. Even if it is not a pure corridor.

You can just build something like this if you know how the AI works and so "abuse" it.

Imho it should be random and basically you should be able to defend a simple tower. But that is not possible since the Zs are omniscient and find the perfect path magically.

 

I built a ramp to my occupied prison POI rececntly but the Zs didn't take that route. I guess because they determined other paths by magically-all-knowledge. I'd estimate, if i reinforce the outer walls, they will take the ramp, because then their AI tells them that it is the easier way. And that is ridiculous.

This is literally just a box to stand in with traps placed around it strategically. There is no corridor. Zombies are free to approach from any angle.

 

How would you not exploit the AI? Do you have to build dumb? Are we not allowed to be smarter than the zombies?

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

I almost spend 3 of 7 days between the hordes in coal, nitrate and lead mines for being able to craft enough ammo for the next BM

On default settings, I do blood nights with mostly just sledgehammer. I just craft a handful of shotgun slugs for "emergencies". Admittedly, what I do would probably be considered cheesing the AI, but it's not like zombies are supposed to be smart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sjustus548 said:

On the solo game I usually don't even bother with a horde base anymore.  Just run and gun in the streets is my preferred way to deal with the horde.

Fighting the horde in the streets is surprisingly easy in the late game.

 

During one of my hordes a part of my base broke which was important for the zombies to be able to reach me. So the zombies switched to destruction mode.

I left the base and fought the zombies in the streets and since I am always over prepared I had packed enough ammo and weapons. It was easier than I thought because I am not only faster than the zombies but also more agile. If you have a stack of coffee on your belt, you won't even run out of stamina.

 

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RipClaw said:

Fighting the horde in the streets is surprisingly easy in the late game.

Imho it is way easier in lategame and the only problem is stamina. If you don't run out of stamina, you can kite them the whole night and kill them one by one.

With max skills for stamina, clubs and heavy armor, a stack of blackstrap and maybe even grand pa's whatever one that increased melee damage by 400% was pretty fun. You basically can't see anything anymore, but somehow every hit is still a kill. :D

 

But right now, around day 25 i don't have those skills yet, especially not the stamina, also not with coffee.

Also a very huge gap between two players and single player: With two players we divided the skills, i could start spezialising much earlier. Now as a single player i need skills from every branch... and no, i don't like "not specing into int, just wait to find the books".

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 6:49 AM, Liesel Weppen said:

20k is nothing if you have a chest full of dukes.

 

I don't know why people even look for such "exploits" to level faster. I try intenionally to level slower, to not increase gamestage too fast and make the bloodmoons to hard soon.

 

once I get to make Q5 M60s, I'm not too worried about gamestage, providing I can make enough bullets.

 

once I get to 100k 7.62, then I start to get that warm comfy feeling.   :D

 

oh, I do have to save some dukes for later, when I can try and get 6 Q6 solar cells.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

you realize when you sell  you get exp..  1xp per duke earned i think.   I get exp every time i get dukes in trader!  and i turn my excess dukes into bullet casings.  I don't "sell" dukes unless it's an item i want. dukes too important for ammo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, thornnnn said:

you realize when you sell  you get exp..  1xp per duke earned i think.   I get exp every time i get dukes in trader!  and i turn my excess dukes into bullet casings.  I don't "sell" dukes unless it's an item i want. dukes too important for ammo.

Yeah getting xp every time you sell something is why buying and selling the same item over and over again works great.  As long as you have dukes you can get that sweet xp.  With how easy brass is to get I don't see a need to smelt down dukes.  Once you get a few of the perk magazines and scavenging perk maxed you get so much brass you won't know what to do with it anymore.  Might as well turn the dukes in to xp at that point.  

 

3 hours ago, canadianbluebeer said:

I do have to save some dukes for later, when I can try and get 6 Q6 solar cells.

I need to start using the solar cell/battery bank combo.  I always just stick with gas generators for all my electricity needs.  By the time I get set up enough to use the solar cells I always have so much gas that it doesn't feel necessary anymore.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...