Apocalypse Now Mod A20.5

killerbunny264

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 1:52 PM, killerbunny264 said:

it seems there's missing files , that's why you are getting errors 

if you can , send server log

I am getting this exact same problem. Was it ever determined what the problem was?  I have 2 friends playing on the server that was just set up but I can't log in. I have tried removing the mod through the mod launcher as well as delete complete.  I also did it fully manually downloading from getlab. still get those same errors.

Ran vanilla single player game. then ran mod single player game. Exited and retried to join the server. It seems to be working now.

Edited by Doramier
resolved problem (see edit history)

22 hours ago, Doramier said:

I am getting this exact same problem. Was it ever determined what the problem was?  I have 2 friends playing on the server that was just set up but I can't log in. I have tried removing the mod through the mod launcher as well as delete complete.  I also did it fully manually downloading from getlab. still get those same errors.

Ran vanilla single player game. then ran mod single player game. Exited and retried to join the server. It seems to be working now.

Is EAC turned off ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Quick question about loot stage. We are at 875 lootstage in our wasteland horde base on a T5 POI, lucky looter maxed out and using lucky googles and eye candy we can´t get more than blue legendaries. We are basically done with the map at a gamestage of 1020 and the legendary crossbows i get are still worse than my advanced one. At what lootstage can we expect to get the good legendaries?

So far legendaries are useless as we can craft better advanced stuff by the time we loot legendaries and tbh i doubt that a lot of people play long enough to get the really good stuff.

Also why is there a more expensive recipe for things in the advanced forge?

Other than that, great mod. Had a ton of fun.

Hi i want to ask a question regarding the the installation process I extracted everything at the mod folder then when I make new world using apo-gen 6k a bunch of xml error occur, do you have any fix for that or do I forget to do something?

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, HammerU89 said:

Found a tier 5 rally point that disappears when you get close to it. xcostum_3_Block_Stores(by_Leo_Liuos)

I think this is a game bug, but the CP folks believe they've got a work-around. I don't know the process by which POIs get into Apoc Now, so I don't know how long it will be before you might see relief.

I am relatively new to this mod but I noticed something that seemed odd and thought I would bring it to your attention.  In the process of building a horde base and changing my mind a few times I decided to remove a stainless steel block.  I hit it with my crowbar to get rid of it but instead of it being destroyed, it just downgraded to a steel block.  Curious, I tried this with titanium and polished titanium blocks, but they all were just destroyed.  If this is the proper behavior for a stainless steel block, it kind of negates the usefulness of upgrading to titanium since the combined durability of the steel and stainless steel together is more than a titanium block.

11 hours ago, uther3k said:

I am relatively new to this mod but I noticed something that seemed odd and thought I would bring it to your attention.  In the process of building a horde base and changing my mind a few times I decided to remove a stainless steel block.  I hit it with my crowbar to get rid of it but instead of it being destroyed, it just downgraded to a steel block.  Curious, I tried this with titanium and polished titanium blocks, but they all were just destroyed.  If this is the proper behavior for a stainless steel block, it kind of negates the usefulness of upgrading to titanium since the combined durability of the steel and stainless steel together is more than a titanium block.

That is interesting. I was actually looking at that exact same issue a build or two ago and didn't notice that. I know I used to get downgrades on a number blocks in Alpha 19, just not in Alpha 20. What version are you on of AN? The most recent is v3.0.6.

Also did you upgrade from concrete to steel and steel to high quality steel?

My conclusion at that time was it was a waste of time doing the upgrades as the downgrade didn't occur. Unless you want to gain the XP from the upgrading (which is a lot), it was not worth the hassle of upgrading each block level. Unless of course you have no choice, as who has titanium at the start of the game.

2 hours ago, SnowBee said:

That is interesting. I was actually looking at that exact same issue a build or two ago and didn't notice that. I know I used to get downgrades on a number blocks in Alpha 19, just not in Alpha 20. What version are you on of AN? The most recent is v3.0.6.

Also did you upgrade from concrete to steel and steel to high quality steel?

My conclusion at that time was it was a waste of time doing the upgrades as the downgrade didn't occur. Unless you want to gain the XP from the upgrading (which is a lot), it was not worth the hassle of upgrading each block level. Unless of course you have no choice, as who has titanium at the start of the game.

I'm on the most recent version of AN.  I upgraded this base all the way from frame shapes since I wanted to get the xp.

55 minutes ago, uther3k said:

I'm on the most recent version of AN.  I upgraded this base all the way from frame shapes since I wanted to get the xp.

Okay, confirmed on 3.0.6. I don't think it is a big problem, just good to know. I quite enjoyed the downgrade feature as it provided another good reason to choose the upgrade path. Whether Killerbunny wants it like that or not I don't know.

So, it would be useful to start at steel blocks and upgrade from there. So you had that extra buffer if the High Quality Steel was destroyed, it could fall back to Steel.

1 hour ago, projectmayhem said:

I've placed some wood blocks, upgraded to reinforced wood blocks, then when I try to upgrade again I get an error saying I dont have enough cobblestone rocks, but I have over 200 in my inventory. Are Cobblestone rocks used to upgrade the reinforced wood blocks or am I missing something?

Hey @projectmayhem, if you check the "scrap clawhammer", its description says it upgrades blocks up to reinforced wood. You will need a clawhammer to go from cobble to concrete. There are also two versions of the nail gun beyond the clawhammer. This is usually the most common problem that people have at this point, so I hope that helps you out :)

I think it would be nice if the tool tip could indicate that in some way when you try to upgrade, but I don't know if that is possible.

10 minutes ago, SnowBee said:

Hey @projectmayhem, if you check the "scrap clawhammer", its description says it upgrades blocks up to reinforced wood. You will need a clawhammer to go from cobble to concrete. There are also two versions of the nail gun beyond the clawhammer. This is usually the most common problem that people have at this point, so I hope that helps you out :)

I think it would be nice if the tool tip could indicate that in some way when you try to upgrade, but I don't know if that is possible.

Gotcha, thank you! I actually just looted a normal clawhammer and scrapped my old one, so I'll give it a try!

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried out this mod a few days ago A20.6. First time through I was killed by a random/wandering horde. So, not too far into the game I just restarted. Keep the zeds at a distance, and don't be too proud to run away. This second time around I've taken a lot of hits, but managed to live through it. Oh, 6K map number 2, reduced zombie damage, increased loot too. And, a biggie here: as I'm SP, screw the zeds hurting my Trader...I didn't load that part of the mod. Maybe on a subsequent play through with some help from the team...

Now, I have noticed some discrepancies in the item files (notebook) vs what I actually experience,

Is this really cool mod going to be maintained? Who knows what A21 will affect for any modders, but If Apocalypse Now still has some intended life in it, I'd be willing to record (on paper) and report what's goofy. Or I'll play it as is...nice work!

Edited by Melange (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Melange said:

Just tried out this mod a few days ago. First time through I was killed by a random/wandering horde. So, not too far into the game I just restarted. Keep the zeds at a distance, and don't be too proud to run away. This second time around I've taken a lot of hits, but managed to live through it. Oh, 6K map number 2, reduced zombie damage, increased loot too. And, a biggie here: as I'm SP, screw the zeds hurting my Trader...I didn't load that part of the mod. Maybe on a subsequent play through with some help from the team...

Now, I have noticed some discrepancies in the item files (notebook) vs what I actually experience,

Is this really cool mod going to be maintained? Who knows what A21 will affect for any modders, but If Apocalypse Now still has some intended life in it, I'd be willing to record (on paper) and report what's goofy. Or I'll play it as is...nice work!

I can assure you that killerbunny is maintaining it. If you drop into the AN discord you should see the large number of sneak preview updates coming in A21. Version 3.0.6 is the last one, only really due to waiting for A21 to arrive. I certainly am looking forward to what AN has to offer in a few months.

I am trying to play this mod for the first time and I am getting an error message.

I have a freshly downloaded from Steam clean install of 7DtD 20.5 on my C drive with no mods folder.

I manually downloaded the mod from nexus mods and extracted it.

I pasted the extracted mod inside the 7DtD folder.

No EAC is involved.

Upon starting the game I get the error message attached.

I skipped the starting error message and got into the game and it seemed to play fine for about 20 minutes but then I got non stop red error messages.

I also tried going through the mod launcher version 2.1.37.17818 and got exactly the same error message.

There is a version 3 of mod launcher that I tried but it doesn't seem to be complete at least not for Apocalypse Now.

Screenshot 2022-09-27 115819.png

5 hours ago, Akrux said:

I am trying to play this mod for the first time and I am getting an error message.

I have a freshly downloaded from Steam clean install of 7DtD 20.5 on my C drive with no mods folder.

I manually downloaded the mod from nexus mods and extracted it.

I pasted the extracted mod inside the 7DtD folder.

No EAC is involved.

Upon starting the game I get the error message attached.

I skipped the starting error message and got into the game and it seemed to play fine for about 20 minutes but then I got non stop red error messages.

I also tried going through the mod launcher version 2.1.37.17818 and got exactly the same error message.

There is a version 3 of mod launcher that I tried but it doesn't seem to be complete at least not for Apocalypse Now.

Screenshot 2022-09-27 115819.png

I can't say what the problem is for sure, I would suggest you try asking on the Apocalypse Now discord. However, I do know you must use Alpha 20.6 with the most recent version of AN 3.0.6.